Author Topic: 6 players cut...  (Read 8262 times)

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: 6 players cut...
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2004, 01:54:44 AM »
Interesting!! Flemming not mentioned :thumbsup

But Rodan is :gobdrop this has to be a mistake. If we were going to off load Rodan we wouldn't be delisting him, he'd be traded for sure.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2004, 02:13:21 AM »
Fleming might be safe after all froars  ;)

Blumfield, Dragga, Houlihan and Marsh are already gone (plus Rogers and Duncan retired).  

Fletcher, Hilton and Nicholls you'd reckon would also get the instant chop. That's more than two others ???. Geez it says something about how pathetic our list is when we have more that should be instantly delisted than what's named in the paper :P.

Hmmm... 6 trades - out of Tivs, Fiora, Chaffey, Hyde, Rodan, Zantuck, Pettifer ??. Gas but I can't see it happening. AK too old to trade.  
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline DirtyDogTiger

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2004, 05:31:28 AM »
Hmmm... 6 trades - out of Tivs, Fiora, Chaffey, Hyde, Rodan, Zantuck, Pettifer ??. Gas but I can't see it happening. AK too old to trade.  

If the Age is correct Blumfield Marsh Houlihan dragga are all gone.
Then if it's only two more: Nicholls and Fletcher.
Lucky Hilton eh! Hooray for fleming!

6 players traded.

Gaspar, Andy Kellaway, Chaffey, Hilton, Stafford, Tivendale.

PS: better get some help for ottens in the ruck!    :thumbsup

froars

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2004, 07:06:39 AM »
Fleming might be safe after all froars 

Fingers crossed MT
My faith in humanity will be restored if he is given another chance - i think he deserves another year. 
I would have thought he is the type of player that would thrive under Wallace.
Go Timmy

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2004, 07:33:32 AM »
Why Stafford - at least he could ruck properly?  I don't want Fleming to leave - give him a year under Wallace first.  Sad about Blumfield - my Essendon mate will be gloating - said that Blumfield was on the way down.  Personally, I don't think that major injury he had last year did him any favours.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2004, 08:33:26 AM »
I just heard Terry Wallace on SEN - he said that he was disappointed in the speculation of who the players are. He said that as soon as the other 2 are told the club will issue an official press release.

He said that 4 got told yesterday. A couple of blokes have been difficult to contact because of "Mad Monday".

He also said that a number of guys would be very nervous this monring because of the stories in the paper but a couple of blokes will be happy after their meetings.

He will be speaking to the playing group today - all players are due in for medical assessments.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

2JD

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2004, 08:46:14 AM »
There was a time I wouln't have wanted to let any of our boys go, they were like family. Now I could count on one hand (and maybe a couple more fingers lol) the ones that I want to keep :(
Sad state of affairs
Let The Games Begin  ::)

Bulluss

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2004, 08:59:31 AM »
Draga spoke to the Morning Glory this morning and confirmed that he got a phone call from Terry on his way to the Mad monday drinks.

He said he will now sit down with his family and close friends and manager to decide which way he goes from here.

Its sad, but thats football and WE MUST move forward and not get personal.

Keep up the good work Terry. :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2004, 09:12:20 AM »
I feel for Dragga, I really hope now he goes on and wins the Liston Trophy for the B&F player in the VFL - he deserves it.

Its sad, but thats football and WE MUST move forward and not get personal.

I hear what your saying Bully but sometimes it's hard for it not to become personal. We develop emotional attachments to certain players (I know I have this year in particular) and it just makes it hard and a little sad

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2004, 09:22:38 AM »
The Tigers would not release names last night, but it's understood the six will come from Adam Houlihan, Billy Nicholls, Marc Dragicevic, Simon Fletcher, Ben Marsh, Justin Blumfield, David Rodan, Greg Stafford and Rory Hilton.

David Rodan is contracted - I doubt they'd axe him bcos they'd have to pay him out. Trade? Distinct possibility - sack I don't think so

But nice attempt Mark Robinson -  :help

Jackstar

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2004, 09:46:42 AM »
Dont worry about who is cut , worry about who is traded thats of interest. the players who are cut are not in our best 22 anyway, they are just taking the places of prospective young players coming through the system ;)
As for Rodan , you might find he will could be traded with the another club taking his last year of his contract .

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2004, 09:54:54 AM »
The players that were told yesterday were Marsh, Blumfield, Houlihan and Draga.
The players to be told today are Fletcher and Nichols.
Good riddance !!
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Disco

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2004, 10:03:40 AM »
Miller gave all those de-listed opportunities, and sadly none stood up to the test, the culture at tigerland must change mediocrity can no longer be tolerated!

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2004, 10:05:52 AM »
Come on guys....as hard as Fleming tries he still is well below-par which says a lot........HE BETTER BE CHOPPED!!! COME ON WILLIAM WALLACE......Do the right thing....

So far the names that Im hearing all deserve to be chopped so there is no pity or sadness from me.....i just say, next head on teh chopping block please!!!!
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2004, 11:14:09 AM »
Im pretty excited aboutthe purge too...its good to see it happening finally...but i agree with Jacko...the real game is yet to come...and thats trade time...we need to do something with the likes of stafford and rodan and tivendale and chaffey...mind you...the delisting of marsh and the possible trade of stafford makes ottos future at Richmond interesting...It either means hes getting traded to another club for a ruckman and another player and possibly a draft pick...hes been traded for 2 draft picks and a player...or weve lined up a ruckman for the psd and well take one or two late in the national draft...whatever happens...its interesting times at punt road!