Author Topic: 10 Tigers re-sign / Jay Schulz Contract  (Read 2542 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: 10 Tigers re-sign
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 09:19:14 PM »
Heard around the traps....
Gus - sign to 2010
God I hope not

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 09:28:02 PM »
Heard around the traps....
Gus - sign to 2010
God I hope not
I know Gus had a shocker in the Coburg final but I'm willing to give him some slack this year as that broken foot stuffed up his preseason and preseasons make a huge difference to ruckmen in terms of their agility and movement (think Simmo 2007). Now that still doesn't explain why he was given an extension if he still had a year to go on his contract but with a full preseason coming up I think Gus will make a big step up in 2009. He needs to.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: 10 Tigers re-sign / Jay Schulz Contract
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 11:05:07 PM »
earlier on I was impressed with Gus tapwork, didnt see much of him this year other than a less than impressive effort in VFL final where he looked half the player of Cartledge and there are question marks on him...so a suprising move...I agree though he came back from a nasty foot injury that impacted his pre season
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 12:57:40 AM »
I know Gus had a shocker in the Coburg final but I'm willing to give him some slack this year as that broken foot stuffed up his preseason and preseasons make a huge difference to ruckmen in terms of their agility and movement (think Simmo 2007). Now that still doesn't explain why he was given an extension if he still had a year to go on his contract but with a full preseason coming up I think Gus will make a big step up in 2009. He needs to.
Giving him a go in 2009 is one thing, signing him for 2 years is another

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2008, 07:16:17 AM »
Angus Graham got a 2 year deal about this time last year (was reported as the case).
I'm not sure why he'd need an extension. Well, he wouldn't.  ???

He was only signed for this year FF and has been given 2 more years... heard that whisper at the B&F
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

bushranger

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2008, 09:27:22 AM »
Unlike someone I'm happy that Sarge has had his contract extended. As it has been already stated he's a required player with the downing of Polak.
We would have made a big mistake in letting him go to another team.  A great decision, I think.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 01:15:19 PM »
Unlike someone I'm happy that Sarge has had his contract extended. As it has been already stated he's a required player with the downing of Polak.
We would have made a big mistake in letting him go to another team.  A great decision, I think.

On Sarge being re-signed I am like you bushranger more than happy with that decision
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 03:58:16 PM »
Giving him a go in 2009 is one thing, signing him for 2 years is another
True but I know the club rates Gus highly and has faith after a full preseason he'll play seniors. As a 21 year old 200cm ruckman he was going nowhere.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd