Author Topic: Richmond sell one home game to the Gold Coast.  (Read 5250 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Your Richmond on the Gold Coast questions answered (RFC)
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2008, 12:32:34 PM »

But I'll be there  :-\ ;D - the peanuts (aka the Cubs) are very happy that I am coming up to see them and yeah they're pretty stoked about the Tigers too  ;D

You callin' me a peanut WP?   :P

;D

Nah Smokey

The peanuts is the joint nickname for my nephew & niece - I've always called them the peanuts....

I haven't seen them for nearly 2 years since they moved up to Brisbane to live, so a couple of Tiger games in Qld is good for me because I get to see them again  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2008, 01:19:52 PM »

The peanuts is the joint nickname for my nephew & niece - I've always called them the peanuts....

I haven't seen them for nearly 2 years since they moved up to Brisbane to live, so a couple of Tiger games in Qld is good for me because I get to see them again  :clapping

;D

I call my 2 grandkids that live with me the "ferals" and it's pretty apt!  I've just had to put on the ogur mask because I caught them in the backyard covered in mud after being told to keep clear of it.  Still, life would be pretty boring without them.  What area of Brissie?  I live northside, near Caboolture.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2008, 03:50:39 PM »
;D

I call my 2 grandkids that live with me the "ferals" and it's pretty apt!  I've just had to put on the ogur mask because I caught them in the backyard covered in mud after being told to keep clear of it.  Still, life would be pretty boring without them.  What area of Brissie?  I live northside, near Caboolture.

They live in Birkdale - a suburb of brissie I believe
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond sell one home game to the Gold Coast.
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2008, 08:45:32 PM »
What crap was Watson carrying on about Friday morning. I heard a replay of it last night of him going on about how Richmond playing on the Gold Coast is a sign of us being in financial trouble and all this garbage  ::). Andy Mayer of course joined in as well. Did they both miss the news that Carlton with Pratt's billions are playing a game up there too  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2009, 01:44:19 AM »
So what is the replacement game and more importantly, the AFL site says tickets for the Gold coast game go on sale 20th March.

Is this a free for all or do members have priority booking or what, some info before they go on sale would be nice RFC !?

I am booking flights and accom this week, not happy Jan if ended up with no ticket ! but that's highly unlikely 'old fox too cunning'  ;D

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2009, 08:37:32 AM »
Tickets on sale in March for the July game?  Or is there going to be another game, apart from next weeks and the July game played up here?

Offline tiogar

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2009, 09:44:34 AM »
Understand the $$$ angle but personallyI am deadset against it.

I pay significant $$$ dollars for my membership and I don't see why I should lose a home game in Melb.

Having said that if playing a game on the Gold Coast means we are guaranteedall our remaining games at the MCG then this sort of deal looks appealing.

There is only one way to guarantee 10 games at the G. It is the way Colligwood do it. Average 60,000 there.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2009, 03:32:12 PM »
Tickets on sale in March for the July game?  Or is there going to be another game, apart from next weeks and the July game played up here?

The Lions vs Tiges NAB Challenge tickets are on sale today from 9am today according to the ticketmaster site.

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/13004242C7BF689C?artistid=800824&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=711

No mention of our "home" game up there on the ticketmaster site. The AFL site says H/A season tickets at the Gold Coast stadium go onsale on March 20.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2009, 03:56:17 PM »
So what is the replacement game
From memory it's out of 3 away games - Melbourne, Carlton or Essendon - in the second half of the year. Given the popularity of the latter two and trying to fit all members of two big clubs into the MCG at once, IMO they'll make the replacement game the Demons one. By then all their supporters will be up at the snowfields lol so there'll be plenty of room and good seats on offer.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2009, 04:34:04 PM »
Woohoo - got mine!

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2009, 01:35:08 PM »
Spot on MT with the replacement game.  :thumbsup

Thank-you for your email.

The replacement game for the Gold Coast game will be in Round 18 against Melbourne on Sunday 2nd August. More details about this match will be available closer to the match.

Kind Regards,

Shelley James
Member and Supporter Services
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2009, 07:36:12 PM »
Spot on MT with the replacement game.  :thumbsup

Thank-you for your email.

The replacement game for the Gold Coast game will be in Round 18 against Melbourne on Sunday 2nd August. More details about this match will be available closer to the match.

Kind Regards,

Shelley James
Member and Supporter Services
Cheers for that TA  :cheers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers announce replacement GC home game - R18 vs Melb
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2009, 03:43:08 PM »
Tigers announce replacement game
richmondfc.com.au | Wed 22 April, 2009

The Richmond Football Club will play one of its allocated 11 home games on the Gold Coast in 2009.

The Club has nominated the Round 18 match against Melbourne as a replacement game (in lieu of the Gold Coast game). All members with entry entitlements will receive admission to this game, by scanning their membership card at the turnstiles (subject to capacity).

Reserved seat holders will be allocated an area within the Ponsford Stand (further details to be confirmed). Your seasonal reserved seats (printed on your membership card) will not be accessible for this match.

Country/Interstate 5 members can nominate to attend the Gold Coast game by calling Member and Supporter Services on 1300 136 605 (numbers are limited).

Richmond 11 and 17 game members will not receive admission to the Round 14 Gold Coast match. If you would like to attend the Gold Coast game you can purchase tickets through Ticketmaster on 1300 136 122, online at www.ticketmaster.com.au or via any Ticketmaster outlet.

Social Club members will have access to the Yarra Park Room at the MCG as per normal home game procedures (subject to change – members will be notified of any changes).

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/75424/default.aspx