Author Topic: Captain  (Read 5358 times)

bushranger

Captain
« on: October 10, 2008, 02:39:07 PM »
Captain Not So Marvellous, is he going to retire. Or are we going to have to suffer another year with a half ranked player like him.
I think he should be pushed out now and not make us suffer another year.  :banghead

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Captain
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 02:42:10 PM »
Ooh please no. We need to be put out of our misery right now.

He brings no value to this team whatsoever.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 03:08:37 PM »
I reckon Sugar will hand over the captaincy to Newy for next year and then we'll play Sugar in his final year of footy as a pinchhitter in the midfield off the bench and on a HFF minding an attacking opposition rebounder. Someone we can throw in and take the hits so our young mids aren't forced to do all the workload. Even though his body is showing his footy age (over 30), the club rates highly what Sugar brings to the club and team (professionalism on and off the track) and we did win 8 of our last 11 games so he can't be the worst captain going around  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 07:08:14 PM »
The "Bottom Line" is the players have his support.  ???

mAYBE THE PLAYERS NEED A KICK UP THE BUTT (geez I hate leaving caps lock on)  :shh Maybe ? Actually ! for sure the players and the club need to move forward here, I am just not sure who with.

I once again will say Richoman for 2009 and see who can stand up as not only a player but enforcer, for until we develop a team of tough bastards we will forever be treading water.
We are getting there, in 09 I want to see toughness come in, I want the Clarkson mentality of playerpushing the boundaries, nothing less will take us the next step forward to where we belong ....

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 07:26:13 PM »
Surely peeing on a police station wall does not constitute professionalism off the field MT. If the club had more backbone they would have taken the captaincy from him rather than take the easy way out and sanction him by offering a mandatory one game suspension. He can be used as a pinchitter at best if need be but he has run his race as Captain I feel and if the club is insisting and promoting this youth policy then possibly a younger captain Newy seems a logical choice is the go. Take the captaincy off him if he aint in our long term plans also it would be unwise from a leadership perspective to have him linger there when in 2010 he will more than likely not be at the club. Let him play without the restriction of it this year. If we have modelled ourselves on Cats model take a leaf out of the Hawk one as well and place a much younger player as captain with Richo as the spiritual on field and club leader much like the Mitchell and Crawford partnership at the Hawks.

Offline rufio_1991

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 10:06:46 PM »
well according to wikipedia
deledio's the new captin :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richmond_Football_Club

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 12:19:29 AM »
well according to wikipedia
deledio's the new captin :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richmond_Football_Club

dont make me pee my pants.

i feel like celebrating..

is this true or is brackets stuffin around again??
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 12:29:05 AM »
It's wiki, of course it's not officially true.

But I agree, would be an excellent choice.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 08:40:24 AM »

Not yet, not nearly ready or the right time for it.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 08:49:57 AM »

Disagree.  The kid is a leader and now knows his level at AFL.  If he wants it, he can have it imo.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 09:53:13 AM »

Disagree.  The kid is a leader and now knows his level at AFL.  If he wants it, he can have it imo.

Probably going to end up an "agree to disgree" thing but IMO he needs to be the one that others look up to and want to follow into 'battle' - he is still very much learning how to be that person.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 09:58:36 AM »
As much as I man love Lids I would be more inclined to give it to Newy or Foley.

I would like to see Lids able to fully develop as a footballer without the burden of captaincy.  I think he needs to establish himself as a full time midfielder with an improvement on his defensive side before captaincy comes into the equation for him.

In regards to Kane Johnson I can't deny he is hardly an on field inspiring player.  However I do appreciate he had a difficult job in difficult times and I believe he has fully given all that he could to the RFC.  

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 10:15:22 AM »
Think Cotchin long-term will be the leader in our team.

Would rather us pad it out than give it to Lids. Richo next year. Maybe Newman year after if Richo calls it a day. Then Cotchin.

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 10:41:47 AM »
Think Cotchin long-term will be the leader in our team.

Would rather us pad it out than give it to Lids. Richo next year. Maybe Newman year after if Richo calls it a day. Then Cotchin.

I could live with that.

Richo for 1 or 2 has a lot of appeal.

:cheers

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 10:44:19 AM »

Probably going to end up an "agree to disgree" thing but IMO he needs to be the one that others look up to and want to follow into 'battle' - he is still very much learning how to be that person.

Eh.  Perhaps.   Maybe Lids doesnt want to be the man in the firing line but just the way he conducted himself on the field in the last half of the season was simply excellent.  I'm not sure if Newy or Foley are any better than Lids in that regard.

Either would be fine choices though.
EAT EM ALIVE!