Author Topic: Tigers offer bushfire assistance / Supporters team photo  (Read 2028 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tigers offer bushfire assistance (RFC)
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 08:33:54 AM »
Eddie McGuire was saying how Orlando Bloom was answering phones at the telephon. Most of the women were sighing in raptures.  One bloke rings up and ask who he is speaking to. Orlando tells him it's Orlando Bloom.  The bloke says "oh ok - any chance I can speak with Nathan Brown from Richmond". :lol

bushranger

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 08:39:35 AM »
Eddie McGuire was saying how Orlando Bloom was answering phones at the telephon. Most of the women were sighing in raptures.  One bloke rings up and ask who he is speaking to. Orlando tells him it's Orlando Bloom.  The bloke says "oh ok - any chance I can speak with Nathan Brown from Richmond". :lol
Now this has got a real good laugh out of me and i think this post should be sent to the fire victims as I would say they to would get a great laugh out of it.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers rally to the cause (RFC)
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 02:04:01 PM »
Tigers rally to the cause
richmondfc.com.au
By Tony Greenberg
Sat 14 February, 2009

Tiger captain Chris Newman, flanked by Nathan Brown and Matthew Richardson, handed over a cheque for $100,000 on last Thursday night’s (February 12) national telethon on Channel Nine.

The majority of the money came from Richmond supporters taking up the opportunity to have their photo taken with the 2009 Tiger team, at a cost of $500 each.

Last Monday morning (February 9), the Club’s playing leadership group met to work out a practical, but quick way, for the entire squad to assist the bushfire victims.

They adopted the photo plan, which struck a real chord with Tiger fans, who flooded the Club with phone calls and emails, in their quest to be part of the special fundraiser.  The photo shoot will take place at Punt Road next Thursday (February 19).

“We have been overwhelmed by the good will and support of the Richmond faithful,” Newman said.

“It is hard to even comprehend the devastation suffered over the past weekend and ours is only a small gesture, but we hope it will go some way towards helping these communities.”

Newman also was part of the Club’s playing leadership group that travelled to Healesville on Thursday to meet with local children and kick a footy with CFA volunteers and local residents.

The Tigers are planning another couple of events to help victims of the worst natural disaster in Australia’s history.

http://richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/default.aspx?newsid=72112

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 05:15:34 PM »
well done Richmond!

100,000 and another 50,000 for the photos!

very good Richmond!

Not that is matters but just to clarify...the $100k includes the $50k from the photos

COnfirmation on the RFC web-site see:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/default.aspx?newsid=72112

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Birdie Num Nums bushfire fundraiser (RFC)
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 02:14:33 PM »
Birdie Num Nums bushfire fundraiser
richmondfc.com.au
6:13 PM Tue 17 February, 2009

Joel Bowden’s co-owned café, Birdie Num Nums in North Carlton, has joined the relief effort in the aftermath of the devastating Victorian bushfires.

The Nicholson Street café is hosting a fundraiser next Sunday February 22, in the afternoon following Richmond’s Family Day at Jells Park.

All proceeds from the day will go to the Red Cross Appeal, supporting the victims of the bushfires.

“The bushfire disaster has touched us all, and if we can make a small contribution, it all adds up,” Bowden said.

”With RFC supporter group Club 80 supporting the event and other local inner-north communities and residents pitching in, perhaps we can contribute to something that will help in some small way,” he said.

Beer, wine, soft drinks and finger food will be served, and raffles and other giveaways will be offered on the day.

Day: Sunday, February 22
Time: 4-7pm
Place: Birdie Num Nums Café
Address: 745 Nicholson Street, NorthCarlton
Cost: $50 per person, $75 for families, kids free

http://richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/default.aspx?newsid=72241

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wallace on SEN talking about the photos for the bushfire appeal
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 04:23:07 PM »
Wallace on SEN

* 180 photos (Ed. 180 x $500 = $90,000 )

* 4 to 5 people per photo in some cases so it feels like there's about a 1000 people down here at Punt Rd.

* Fantastic seeing so many Tiger supporters supporting the club and more importantly supporting the bushfire appeal.

* Phone calls were going around on the Sunday once the boys realised how bad it was and the leadership wanted to do something. The idea of the photoshoot then came from those discussions.

* There's even a Melbourne supporter having their photo taken. Another bloke brought his pet bulldog.

* Happy to play on the Thursday as a GF is a GF so no issue with it.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 05:03:23 PM »
Yes very good numbers at Punt Road for the "shoot"
 ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 05:36:09 PM »
Fantastic effort and well done to all those involved  :clapping. It makes you once again proud to be a Tiger supporter :gotigers.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Too much for a cub (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 06:19:53 AM »
I couldn't find this on the web so I typed it out...

Too much for a cub
By Chris de Kretser and Daryl Timms
Fri 20 Feb 2009, Page 95

DON'T be surprised if Richmond players are camera shy for a while - they spent most of yesterday patiently posing for team photographs with their benevolent fans.

Crying babies, pet dogs or over-earnest supporters were no problem for the Tigers as they did their bit for the Bushfire Appeal.

The team had separate photographs taken with 180 supporters, who paid $500, and the club raised $90,000.

"Initially we were going to cap it at 100 people but we were inundated with requests, and given it's for such a good cause we wanted to raise as much money as possible," captain Chris Newman said.

"It's a really good initiative from the club and I'd like to thank all the supporters who have got behind the cause."

Newman and vice-captain Nathan Foley had the task of flanking each fan, coping amiably with Christine Maynard's six-month old son Kai and Ian Chisholm's yellow-and-black-clad bulldog George.

High-profile Tigers Matthew Richardson and Ben Cousins stayed out of the limelight, although Andrew Raines did try to make a bunny out of Cousins by giving him some rabbit ears.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers offer bushfire assistance / Supporters team photo
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2009, 06:51:34 PM »
It was a good afternoon, beat being at work anyway, the players were clearly happy to do it, and welcomed all sit in. Terry was very charming too, greeting people, introducing himself, having a laugh and a chat. Glad I went...Good on ya Tigers!