Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 350254 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2011, 12:53:15 AM »
Prediction time I think TV will be a very good player 6' 7" safe hands,only young, and if you watch closely he is extremely quick across the ground. Makes matching up difficult. Let's not listen to the knockers there is a lot to work with. Also good below the knees
you forgot versatile. He plays ruck & forward. We can only hope he'll be as good as Benny Gale.   
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2011, 09:15:31 AM »
I actually think Ty will end up like our Benny Gale.... :shh :thumbsup...........wait and see!!

Hopefully an improvement on Benny.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2011, 12:54:06 PM »
I actually think Ty will end up like our Benny Gale.... :shh :thumbsup...........wait and see!!

C'mon MM,  ;)..Benny was very good for us, more so in his later years.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2011, 01:13:56 PM »

No doubt but I'd like to think TV could be even better.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2011, 09:53:56 PM »
Spida Everitt comment circa 1996-1998 at St Kilda is pretty much spot on.

If he can be better than that stay injury free and play in the GF if and when we get there and that will be more than Spida in his time at Moorabbin.

tony_montana

« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2011, 10:55:05 PM »

we all would but lets not get ahead of ourselves - first stop lets hope he becomes an afl standard player in a few years.

the claw

« Reply #141 on: March 01, 2011, 01:45:51 AM »

we all would but lets not get ahead of ourselves - first stop lets hope he becomes an afl standard player in a few years.

at last some common sense on this thread. anyone ever heard of jay schulz  and he managed to kick his 6 goals in the real mccoy.
 vickery kicks 5 goals having showed very little to date and its like we have a proven player on our hands. unbelievable the hype that happens with our players.

if vickery struggles again this yr,, and i reckon he will there are going to be some very disgruntled people about the place.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2011, 09:00:35 AM »

at last some common sense on this thread. anyone ever heard of jay schulz  and he managed to kick his 6 goals in the real mccoy.
 vickery kicks 5 goals having showed very little to date and its like we have a proven player on our hands. unbelievable the hype that happens with our players.

if vickery struggles again this yr,, and i reckon he will there are going to be some very disgruntled people about the place.
Who cares what those disgruntled people have to say. Vickery still should not be expected to do much this year.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2011, 11:03:28 AM »

So it's alright to hope he's as good as Gale but not to hope he's better?

tony_montana

« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2011, 02:50:37 PM »

So it's alright to hope he's as good as Gale but not to hope he's better?

hope is fine - the way you worded the first quote "I'd like to think he would be better"  just came across as a bit premature and unrealistic given what hes shown to date.

Actually reminded me of a poster on BF who said the same thing about Daniel jackson(when he debuted)in response to me when I said given his size, speed, strength and mongrel he could hopefully turn into a James Clement type medium defender and a poster scoffed saying I'd like to think he would be better than james Clement.  lol 

sorry probably being a bit picky with your play on words

the claw

« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2011, 09:12:35 PM »

Who cares what those disgruntled people have to say. Vickery still should not be expected to do much this year.
agreed. the expectations should be low. they should be lowered to where all we expect is some reasonable improvement mostly at coburg.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2011, 09:19:40 PM »

agreed. the expectations should be low. they should be lowered to where all we expect is some reasonable improvement mostly at coburg.

As The Wolf said in Pulp Fiction "lets not start sucking each others x$#&s just yet gentlemen"
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: March 02, 2011, 08:23:47 AM »
sorry probably being a bit picky with your play on words

That's fine tm.
We'll be able to form a better judgement on how Ty is tracking when the real stuff starts.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #148 on: April 02, 2011, 02:12:57 AM »
Ty is tracking nicely in his development so far this year. He's starting to impose himself on the game and his mobility and agility for someone his size is a real asset to the team. He probably drifted slightly out of the game in the final term but he really stood up after Jack went off playing high across the forward 50 giving a tall marking target that maintained our structure.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2011, 02:17:15 AM »
Thought he had a good game as well. I thought he made some nice small steps tonight as did a few of his teammates as well. :thumbsup