Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 350244 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2011, 11:14:41 AM »
has improved out of sight in recent weeks, well done

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #181 on: May 22, 2011, 11:17:39 AM »
:thumbsup

10 FLAGS

« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2011, 11:27:44 AM »
SENS Robert Shaw and co. reckon we should move heaven and earth for Mitch Clark from Brisbane to get him and Vickery working together.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #183 on: May 22, 2011, 11:51:59 AM »
SENS Robert Shaw and co. reckon we should move heaven and earth for Mitch Clark from Brisbane to get him and Vickery working together.

:lol :rollin

:nope :nope

:rollin

On the same show Mark Fine called Simon Black a cheat  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2011, 11:53:59 AM »

Been very unimpressed with Clark this year.  Don't know if he is sulking or wanting out but his body language and general effort has been poor.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2011, 01:45:49 PM »

another player making u eat your words lol

keep em coming  :wallywink

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2011, 01:49:48 PM »
I guess you didn't like him because of his dad but I reckon it might be time to apologise to him on this forum just as I will if browne can back it up a next week. Vickery has made a giant leap forward this year and he looks like he'll be a great player for us.
The club that keeps giving.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #187 on: May 22, 2011, 01:52:29 PM »
I guess you didn't like him because of his dad but I reckon it might be time to apologise to him on this forum just as I will if browne can back it up a next week. Vickery has made a giant leap forward this year and he looks like he'll be a great player for us.

actually like his dad, no issue there
All I have said that he needs to get more than 5 possesions a game
Last night he had 10, but more importanly won the ball in dispute.
Great game last night by Ty :thumbsup

TigerTimeII

« Reply #188 on: May 22, 2011, 01:55:18 PM »
his dad dont like u lol

the claw

« Reply #190 on: May 22, 2011, 10:14:55 PM »
okay where is vickery at.
personally i wanted him at coburg playing as a ruckman. they saw fit to primarily play him as a forward with some stints on ball.
as a forward hes kicked some goals 8 in 3 weeks and averaging 1.6 goals a game this yr. for a third yr player hes been passable and a 30 35 goal haul for the yr if he sticks to that average is nothing to be sneezed at and would be a very good return.

my concerns well hes not getting much ball.  averages under 10 possesions a game. as the back up ruckman hes not great in the ruck he averages just 7 h/o a game and has little impact at stoppages.  thirdly and my most significant concern hes averaging just 3 marks a game of which few would be contested. one other lesser concern is he needs to be much more physical but that will come i hope.

yep for a third yr player hes done okay but bloody hell he has a long way to go.he needs to significantly improve in critical areas for a big bloke. i still dont think hes going to be a good ruckman. i dont think he has the neccesary ticker to play there, harsh maybe, i hope he proves me wrong  time will tell.

he can only improve with size and strength hopefully some of my criticisms will be rectified when he does get to ideal playing size. i will  reserve judgement on him for two seasons thats how long it will take to get to ideal size and strength and he will have a decent amount of games behind him.  for sure and certain atm hes showing some good signs in certain areas. his movement and ball use for a bloke his size is excellent.

personally i would like to see him played as our second permanent kpf and bring in a second ruckman as a ruckman derickx and browne as a combo.
one thing for sure three of vickery riewoldt miller post up forward makes for very good structure, we can add griffiths to those 4 when hes up and about.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2011, 10:29:52 PM »

my concerns well hes not getting much ball.  averages under 10 possesions a game. as the back up ruckman hes not great in the ruck he averages just 7 h/o a game and has little impact at stoppages.  thirdly and my most significant concern hes averaging just 3 marks a game of which few would be contested. one other lesser concern is he needs to be much more physical but that will come i hope.

Frankly I dont care much for those stats. Blind Freddy could see that Vickery is improving and contributing well.
was very good last night. 3  telling goals.
Really happy with how Vicks is progressing.   :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2011, 10:31:12 PM »
Frankly I dont care much for those stats. Blind Freddy could see that Vickery is improving and contributing well.

2 things stood out to me

1/ His composure - he is not panicing

2/ He is now demading the ball and his team mates are showing belief in him
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2011, 10:39:01 PM »

2 things stood out to me

1/ His composure - he is not panicing

2/ He is now demading the ball and his team mates are showing belief in him

astute pickups WP.

also, during the third quarter when Jack sharked a ball off the pack and ran in for a goal. There was a bit of hoo-ha goin on after and Vickery was getting right up in Hooker's face and absolutely giving it to him. Hooker was backing away from him like Ryan Lonie from a hard ball! Great to see.

gerkin greg

« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2011, 10:50:44 PM »
Hooker was backing away from him like Ryan Lonie from a hard ball! Great to see.

:lol

old school