Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 345067 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #2130 on: March 10, 2016, 01:12:31 AM »
Mr Funny has entered the building
Why thank you young man im glad you get the humour. :snidegrin

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2131 on: March 11, 2016, 03:42:35 PM »
One great thing about Vicks is that he is a good set shot.

This is true. Still prefer him on ball though.

I can agree with this. Was useless against Port up forward for the most part, could barely make a contest and the moment he went on ball he got a string of touches. He's actually quite good around packs, agile for a big man and doesn't have time to think and uses his instincts and usually gets the ball rolling forward quite effectively

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2132 on: March 11, 2016, 03:53:49 PM »
In fairness to him, our delivery inside 50 was awful last night.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2133 on: March 11, 2016, 03:55:04 PM »
Did he actually wait until the ball came into the forward 50 before he tried to mark it?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2134 on: March 11, 2016, 04:07:52 PM »
Did he actually wait until the ball came into the forward 50 before he tried to mark it?

Yeah but he was back to waiting behind his man to do it

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2135 on: March 12, 2016, 12:25:36 PM »
I don't think Ty will ever be better than an average forward. His numbers are inflated by kicking cheap goals. His attack on the contest and general presence is still poor tbh.

I agree with a few others here that he looks good in the ruck at times. His agility stands and clean hands stand out in this part of the ground. If, and it's a big if, he can develop some agro I still hold out hope he could transition into a decent ruck.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2136 on: March 12, 2016, 12:29:15 PM »
Ronaldo scores from 3 yards every goal

A cheap goal is worth as much as an 'expensive' goal
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2137 on: March 12, 2016, 12:39:47 PM »
Ronaldo scores from 3 yards every goal

A cheap goal is worth as much as an 'expensive' goal

Not exactly. Ty's 2nd cheap goal actually cost us 3 points.

Finding blokes who can kick 40 goals a season isn't particularly hard. There are plenty of Jack Anthony's, Mitch Morton's etc. who eventually get found out. I reckon if we played Sam Lloyd deep forward all year he'd kick 40.

I'm not saying Ty plays the same role as these blokes just saying that generally blokes who kick a lot of cheap goals don't offer a lot else.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2138 on: March 12, 2016, 12:47:37 PM »

I agree.
This is one of two huge weaknesses in his game.
He should put himself in front more and use his bum to keep the defender behind him from spoiling him. At 200cm you should have an advantage. No use waiting at the back for cheapies. Our smalls should be positioned front and centre and out the back waiting for that. Tyrone should be competing for the mark creating the contest.

His other weakness is letting his defender rebound too easily.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2139 on: March 12, 2016, 01:10:13 PM »

I agree.
This is one of two huge weaknesses in his game.
He should put himself in front more and use his bum to keep the defender behind him from spoiling him. At 200cm you should have an advantage. No use waiting at the back for cheapies. Our smalls should be positioned front and centre and out the back waiting for that. Tyrone should be competing for the mark creating the contest.

His other weakness is letting his defender rebound too easily.

I know I will get slammed for this but I think Griffiths is a better forward. If Griffiths didnt get injured every second game (slight exageration) he would be miles ahead. Vickery was poor against Port and apart from a small patch towards the end of last year and a patch about 3 years before he has not been great. Lets hope we see some more of that end of last years stuff soon.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2140 on: March 12, 2016, 01:48:44 PM »
Too bad Griffiths hasn't been able to hit the side of a barn for two years....if we have to play him , I'd rather play him down back ahead of Chaplin...if nothing else, at least he can clear the forward press and get it back to the middle in one kick...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2141 on: March 12, 2016, 01:54:35 PM »
I think Griffiths has really stagnated , he looks like a more natural footballer than Vickery ( who looks awkward in comparison) but results don't lie.

31.9 to 12.14 ....its not even a contest.

I wouldn't mind seeing how Griff goes in defence again as an alternative to Chaplin.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2142 on: March 12, 2016, 03:18:18 PM »
Too bad Griffiths hasn't been able to hit the side of a barn for two years....if we have to play him , I'd rather play him down back ahead of Chaplin...if nothing else, at least he can clear the forward press and get it back to the middle in one kick...

Can't wait for another Hampson dud to monster Griff in the backline so we can recruit them

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2143 on: March 12, 2016, 03:20:03 PM »
I think Griffiths has really stagnated , he looks like a more natural footballer than Vickery ( who looks awkward in comparison) but results don't lie.

31.9 to 12.14 ....its not even a contest.

I wouldn't mind seeing how Griff goes in defence again as an alternative to Chaplin.

you and half planet earths population
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2144 on: March 12, 2016, 03:21:51 PM »

Can't wait for another Hampson dud to monster Griff in the backline so we can recruit them

Yeah we're much better off sticking with a bloke who get's monstered by Nahas....

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.