Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 350189 times)

Gigantor

Re: Tyrone Vickery - Standing tall (Age)
« Reply #270 on: February 25, 2012, 11:39:59 AM »
i think dawes is a fair to good footballer in an excellent team.However i think  Tyrone has the potential to be a match winner,something i dont think dawes is capable of.

dwaino

« Reply #271 on: February 25, 2012, 12:03:32 PM »
Here is Dawes' draft photo

Collingwood scouted him about 1400 generations ago from a family that lived in a cave just outside of modern day Siegburg.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #272 on: February 25, 2012, 01:03:39 PM »
Here is Dawes' draft photo

Collingwood scouted him about 1400 generations ago from a family that lived in a cave just outside of modern day Siegburg.

I've been sick as a dog today but thats some funny poo  :clapping :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #273 on: February 25, 2012, 04:27:13 PM »
Dawes has not been a difference for Collingwood in terms of winning and losing in his career as yet.
Tyrone to this stage of his career has stood up and been the difference for us in the end case in point the Adelaide game at AAMI late last year.
Dawes is just a big body who found himself in the senior side at COllingwood at the right time in 2010 when everything clicked and they won a flag.
Daws = David Mensch. Average player who grafted a longish career without being a match winner spectacular, brilliant, highly skilled or anything other than just an average ordinary footballer.
When the Pies start struggling on field he will be one of the first their fans will turn on and premiership medallions and cult statuses will be quickly forgotten.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #274 on: February 25, 2012, 08:24:18 PM »
Daino you funny beggar!  :lol

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: February 26, 2012, 02:50:56 PM »
Would be interested to see how Dawes went playing in a poo team. Reckon he'd struggle

Would fit in with a poo team.  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #276 on: February 27, 2012, 09:24:49 PM »
Ty aims high
afl.com.au
Mon 27 Feb, 2012

Ty Vickery enters the 2012 season in a vastly different frame of mind to this time last year.

Back then, Vickery, Richmond’s first pick (No. 8 overall) in the 2008 National Draft, was still feeling his way at the game’s highest level and hadn’t cemented himself as a regular member of the Tigers’ team.

He’d kicked five goals in nine games in his 2009 debut season, averaging just over two marks per match.  Then, in 2010, he scored three goals in 14 senior appearances and averaged just under two marks per game.

Last year, however, Vickery enjoyed a breakout season of AFL football.  He spent most of the season up forward for the Tigers, where he proved a major handful for opposition defences with his height, marking ability and all-round footy ‘smarts’.

The talented Tiger ‘tall’ was ranked No. 5 at the Club for total marks (95), No. 2 for contested marks (29), No. 2 for goals (36), and he capped off a fine season’s work by finishing fifth in the Jack Dyer Medal.

With his self-belief levels rising rapidly, Vickery appears well-placed to deal with the added expectations placed on him in 2012 . . .

“I think there is a lot of improvement this year.  I was pleased with my season last year just because there was so much of the unknown going into it,” Vickery told ‘The Age’.

“I didn’t know how well I was going, learning how to play forward, or whether I would play much seniors.  But with that year under my belt, I’m expecting a better return this season.”

Vickery is keen to put some more kilos on to his 200cm, 96kg frame, to further enhance his prospects in Richmond’s attack.

“It’s hard to tell standing next to opponents what I need to get to because I’m so much taller.  But you do notice it in some contests against the bigger centre half-backs,” he said.

“I probably need to put on another two or three kilos, then I’d be happy.”

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/129625/default.aspx

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #277 on: February 27, 2012, 09:30:21 PM »
Yep big year for Vicks coming up, really could be a difference between our success and failure...to some extent. Vicks firing with Jack and Miller (if elevated), Maric, King, Nahas and the centres, Cotch, Martin, Foley and Deledio kicking goals...... 8)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: February 27, 2012, 09:42:23 PM »
Frank copped some criticism for taking him at pick 8 but Tyrone's knockers have all shut up shop now.
So glad he is ours. :)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #279 on: February 27, 2012, 09:50:48 PM »
Frank copped some criticism for taking him at pick 8 but Tyrone's knockers have all shut up shop now.
So glad he is ours. :)

Yep, wanted this kid when I saw the snippets of how he performed against Nic Nat, I still think he is going to be very very good in a couple of years.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #280 on: February 27, 2012, 10:58:13 PM »
yep here you nuffs go putting players up on pedestals sheesh wonders never cease to amaze same mistakes time and time again sheesh i like balls for tea

gerkin greg

« Reply #281 on: February 27, 2012, 10:58:58 PM »
whoa  :shh just had a claw moment partners

gerkin greg

« Reply #282 on: February 27, 2012, 10:59:22 PM »
idiot  ::)

gerkin greg

« Reply #283 on: February 27, 2012, 10:59:35 PM »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

dwaino

« Reply #284 on: February 27, 2012, 11:04:54 PM »
yep here you nuffs go putting players up on pedestals sheesh wonders never cease to amaze same mistakes time and time again sheesh i like balls for tea

hhgggghhhhhh sheesh bad motor. no skillset. hasn't proved anything yet i would like to see him improve his kicking and play his natural position in the back pocket geez.