Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 350159 times)

Gigantor

Re: Tyrone Vickery - 2012 expectations?
« Reply #330 on: April 01, 2012, 08:46:49 AM »
Tyrone was very poor thursday night...too many times he was an onlooker  rather than a participant..And i lost count how many times he and jack got in each others way..at least with miller you know pretty much exactly what you get...an honest toiler....one other point ,some here have questioned the merits of hurley.from what i see hes a gun..competes  and is hungry ..couldnt ask for much more

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #331 on: April 01, 2012, 10:28:19 AM »
Expectations?
To be able to out mark an opponent 11cm shorter than him on a regular basis. In fact, on Thursday night I was wondering if before every quarter he washed his hands and forgot to rinse off the soap!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #332 on: April 01, 2012, 12:12:48 PM »
lift son lift :thumbsup

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #333 on: April 01, 2012, 12:15:31 PM »
My expectations of Vickey are to get at least 8-10 Kicks in a game of footy, every week.
If he can achieve that, he would at least kick 2-4 goals a week, then we can win a game or two.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #334 on: April 01, 2012, 01:52:12 PM »
My expectations of Vickey are to get at least 8-10 Kicks in a game of footy, every week.
If he can achieve that, he would at least kick 2-4 goals a week, then we can win a game or two.

Jstar, i would add 5-6 marks and 8-10 hit outs.  He does that, he impacts the game - ty needs to be more about impact than intent.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #335 on: April 01, 2012, 01:53:35 PM »
I heard after the game on Thursday night that our talls dropped 17 marks which is a ridiculous amount. Ty obviously the main offender especially that dolly one in the 3rd quarter when we coming but he wasn't on his own. It was systematic of our whole play for most of the night which was lazy. Balls coming into the forward line were often aimless high long bombs and our forwards were slow to react and often playing from behind. As someone else mentioned our forwards got in the way of each other and all went up for the same ball leaving no one down. What was worse was it allowed Carlton to play the game on their terms in their defence which allowed them to put say Thorton as a permanent forward which he prefers after half-time and allowed Yarran to feel comfortable in pushing up forward and kicking two goals.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #336 on: April 01, 2012, 02:19:46 PM »
We don't need him to stagnate or go back this season.

Needs a form reversal and have an impact on Saturday night.

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #337 on: April 01, 2012, 02:22:16 PM »
TV hurt his left shoulder in the first round of the NAB Cup, but against the Blooze it looked like he was sick as well. Just never looked like getting a kick.

Gigantor

« Reply #338 on: April 01, 2012, 03:52:04 PM »
as the game progressed i also got sick..from watching him

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #339 on: April 01, 2012, 08:26:40 PM »
He's right off. Different player to '11 atm.

tony_montana

« Reply #340 on: April 02, 2012, 05:00:32 PM »
Im not dirty on him for last week and will cut him some slack, was robbed of a certain goal, so 2 goals on a dirty night is ok. Got there, just had one of those days with cement hands and nothing stuck, will get better

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #341 on: April 02, 2012, 05:33:11 PM »
Im not dirty on him for last week and will cut him some slack, was robbed of a certain goal, so 2 goals on a dirty night is ok. Got there, just had one of those days with cement hands and nothing stuck, will get better

Its important to remember he doesnt have a stinker week in and week out, last week is last week

Agree with montana on cutting him some slack, im sure hell come out firing this week
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #342 on: April 16, 2012, 01:15:54 PM »
Robbo has moved from Jacko last week onto getting stuck into Ty today...

9 THINGS I DON'T LIKE

8. Tyrone Vickery
What's happened to Tyrone? He finished fifth in the Tigers' best-and-fairest last year, and is playing like he finished 35th. In three games, he has recorded nine kicks, four marks, six handballs and kicked two goals. He's running to the wrong spots, he's dropping marks, and surely has his low confidence. Coach Damien Hardwick might need to give him a go in the VFL to ease his stress.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/expert-opinion/happy-handballers-at-north-melbourne/story-fn5937w8-1226327290972

Gigantor

« Reply #343 on: April 16, 2012, 08:58:19 PM »
Ty and jack look as potent as a wet lettuce leaf at the moment

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #344 on: April 16, 2012, 09:19:44 PM »
Not sure what's happened to vickery whether it's a matter of a changed game plan he is still getting his head around, loss of conditioning or most likely lack of confidence. If it is a confidence issue then I'm not certain whether getting dropped would help him regain that or strip him of it further  :-\ I think, if Dimma is true to his word on players earning their spot this year, then Vickery should be dropped and someone such as Derickx brought in to replace him. The only problem with this though is whether Derickx (or Elton I guess) have earned his place  :huh

Hopefully Vickery can find his form fast!  :pray