Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 350121 times)

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #435 on: June 02, 2012, 05:37:04 PM »
As already mentioned, we have no one else that could offer anymore than Vickers as a pinch hit ruckman.

And if you heard Hardwick's press conference he was happy with Ty's movement inside 50 as he drew his player away from Jack allowing him to isolate.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #436 on: June 02, 2012, 05:41:32 PM »
Post cant seem to cut the mustard at this point
Derryx just cant get enough of the footy in the magoos
Gus and browne are one trick ponys(ruckmen)
The others are coming back from injury
Maybe griff can be tried in that role in the coming weeks?

No way. Griff is thorough bred.

Only.play him chf or chb

Vickery will come good. Much better than miller.

Will we bring in a 3rd key forward in the future?
Jack. Vickery. Astbury/Elton?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #437 on: June 02, 2012, 06:43:55 PM »

Vickery will come good. Much better than miller.

Yep, fully agree Bents.  16 disposals last night was a good sign of intent, if not immediate improvement.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #438 on: June 02, 2012, 07:03:30 PM »
As already mentioned, we have no one else that could offer anymore than Vickers as a pinch hit ruckman.

And if you heard Hardwick's press conference he was happy with Ty's movement inside 50 as he drew his player away from Jack allowing him to isolate.
top post.

I still remember MANY on here berating me when I said Miller shouldn't be playing. I know that MT & Bents were in favour of this also as were others but not many.
All the talk that Miller was important for forward structure and his so called hard work was all just  hullabaloo.
The fact that Jack is playing so well goes to show how detrimental Millers presence was in the team. And vickery is so much better at creating space & drawing players away from Jack as he is already known as a much more damaging player than Miller, especially 40 + metres from goal. 
And on top of all this he can pinch hit in the ruck something Miller was absolutely terrible at.
And one more thing Vickery is still very young and has many many years of improvement in him. 
The club that keeps giving.

the claw

« Reply #439 on: June 02, 2012, 11:42:21 PM »
Observation
When Maric went off the ground.Saints kicked quick goals in last quarter while Vickery in ruck
Maric comes back on.we kick goals in last quarter
Maric needs support
hhhhaaaarrrgggghhhh the obvious or is it for some.
at least he got a boit of ball. did nothing in ruck other than give the odd contest did not take a contested mark all night but hit a few packs at times.
take out the first quarter and he was  very poor.
got peeed watching the game and lost a bit of perspective but will watch it again and i will watch for him.

jack gets 8 thats the game there. when blake went back in the third jack struggled. he needed to dominate considering who he was up aginst most of the night and he did.ffs simpkin gilbert and gwilt as kpds unbelievable. thats not structure thats nothing but trouble.
ivan dominates even with blake in ruck   and i reckon he would have been the dominant ruckman with mcevoy and stanley there. but not as dominant as he was. three players cost them big time i look back scratch my head and ask would we have won if fisher mcevoy and stanley had played. mcevoy gives at the least a contest against ivan fisher goes back blake stays back and stanley stretches us forward and hurts us as a second ruckman.
just putting it out there but structurally they were a compromised side before they even got on the park.

clearly the best side on the night won and we should have won by more but i have to ask the obvious.

at the least it was great to get a monkey off the back it was good to again dig in and find  a way to win when challenged im not trying to be negative there are lots and lots of positives im just trying to offer up some perspective.

of course the usual nuff nuffs who abhor any sort of balanced criticism will get on here and name call. of all our games this yr this is the least impressive imo.we dominated key areas of the game but could not put away an undermanned side. the turnovers and basic mistakes  in particular were really disappointing.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #440 on: June 02, 2012, 11:46:21 PM »
Yes we would have still won if we had Grimes in too. Every team has injuries. Jack has kicked 7 on Fisher before. Grimes would take Stanley. Maric would beat McEvoy too like he has done all year. Add Matty Dea in too. He would have taken Saad apparently who he flogged in the VFL.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #441 on: June 02, 2012, 11:46:57 PM »
Fair points, claw. Sometimes we should just enjoy a win for at least the weekend though. Crack open a beer mate

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #442 on: June 03, 2012, 12:07:12 AM »
I agree with Claw the game was error riddled and whilst we manufactured our goals I thought they got alot of theirs through our errors.

Yes it was a high intencity game with pressure but we should have wrapped that game up much earlier and won by a more comfortable 5 goal margin.

Yes ecstatic with the win always knew the mental hurdle to get over St Kilda would have produced a tight result on the scoreboard but we need to improve and eradicate that sloppiness in over using the ball that can still cause critical turnovers against the more classy sides.

the claw

« Reply #443 on: June 03, 2012, 12:14:01 AM »
Fair points, claw. Sometimes we should just enjoy a win for at least the weekend though. Crack open a beer mate
mate i know im over the top at times.but 26 yrs of the nd  has taught me we have an opportunity here to actually build something. we do have a decent foundation i just dont want to see it frittered away like we have done in the past.
as i have said before i will at every opportunity point out why we should still go hard.

you have no idea when i was young we fought in the outer we wore our club on our sleeve.im a bit like jekyll and hyde im feral at the footy but im clinical away from it and the last 26yrs have made more clinical than ever.

i can promise everyone if we do the right thing at the end of this yr and there are for me kpis at the end of the yr i will just disappear from  all footy boards.

ya know we are now 5 and 5 but just 3 or 4 injuries away from a supporter implosion.

im critical of a fair few things  and i debate those things hard.  for three yrs ive agreed  with most that we are improving but ive argued we have to be ruthless and single minded even bloody minded in what remains to be done.i go out of my way to look at the pros and cons of everything they do.
to listen to some on here one would believe in the last three yrs they have got everything right. i can understand that because at last we improve but improvement does not mean we have got everything right or we need to do better at certain things despite improvement.

said it about a month or two ago we are at a crossroads we have a choice take the right road and we will at least be a top 4 side. take the wrong road again and we will remain mired in mediocrity. i pick holes because i think thats what we need to do.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #444 on: June 03, 2012, 12:31:07 AM »
That's fine Claw and the way we go about things in terms of our player will be shown by Dimma and the boys in the number of players who'll be cut and the type of players we bring in at draft time who personally I think will use the draft wisely to get players we need to fill needs etc....

Whilst many here appreciate the content of your posts and where you have come from in terms of the frustration you have for your club, trust me you are not alone we are all in that same age demographic pretty much the fact that the same agenda gets crammed in our face time and time again tends to lose its impact after it has been repeated time and time again.

Enjoy the win mate and next week presents a new opponent and a new challenge. :thumbsup

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #445 on: June 03, 2012, 07:21:16 AM »

i can promise everyone if we do the right thing at the end of this yr and there are for me kpis at the end of the yr i will just disappear from  all footy boards.

No you won't.   ;D

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #446 on: June 03, 2012, 09:10:39 AM »
why would you dissapear from the boards when you think things are going well craw?

just enjoy the ride  :cheers

Bents raises a good question about our forward structure and its a point that tiagra seems to have missed with his blah blah blah.

due to the match comittee not seeing anyone ready/fit enough/good enough to take tys spot when he was injured, we went into games with a different forward structure and it seemed to work better for us. Sometimes the best discoveries are made by accident and it seems the coaching staff have changed their thinking on our forward set up.

so miller went out when ty was fit again. I doubt we would have done this, at this point in time, if it meant dropping a young, developing KPP, given coburg havn't played for 2 weeks. Miller though was recruited for a certain, short term role and is basically expendable, something he understands and accepts.

For the immediate future, as long as we are kicking winning scores, I cant see us reverting back to a three tall set up in the forward line. I dont have any real hope of elton demanding selection yhrough performance this year, and there seems to be a variety of options if we loose one or two mid/small forwards rather than having to change the structure again due to necessity. Post looks to be be bookmarked as a backman or nothing, something i find a bit perplexing after his performance up forward lately, but with miller likely to be playing up forward for coburg in the immediate future, this seems unlikely to change.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #447 on: June 03, 2012, 10:30:13 AM »
Thought he went well Friday night, great goal from that angle, will develop and be a big part of our team. He also did some very good things around the ground.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #448 on: June 03, 2012, 12:40:28 PM »

Bents raises a good question about our forward structure and its a point that tiagra seems to have missed with his blah blah blah.

what are you on about Al? 
Bents and I were on the same page when it came it this issue as was MT. And now clear for almost everyone on this forum now that Miller is gone and the forward line is working so much better without him. 
The club that keeps giving.

Gigantor

« Reply #449 on: June 03, 2012, 12:55:51 PM »
i still have a lot of time for Ty and think in the future he will develop into a great contributor for us,but Friday night other than that clutch goal the only real effort i saw from ty was at the end of the game when he ran along the fence giving HI 5s to the crowd