Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 349940 times)

tony_montana

Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #750 on: April 25, 2013, 07:48:57 PM »
The problem is Oren is slow, old, non agile and pretty much just not good enough to play afl as a forward option.
so dont play him as a forward.play him purely as a ruckman and send ivan forward  and play griffiths as a ff. what rule says he must play as a forward. other sides are playing two ruckmen.
big o will come up against griffen and possibly clark both second stringers. if it gets out of hand theres always ivan. ivan is definately sore and struggling why not give him a game where he spends 50% in the ruck 10 % forward and 40 % on the bench

My thought is that he will be slow, old, non agile and pretty much just not good enough wherever he plays, may as well as kept the King Island Cream Puff
what you hedging your bets. he is slow he is old and he lacks agility. no he will be anything.
 but as a ruckman he competes and he goes okay.  something both  graham and vickery dont didnt do.  certainly get more out of him in the ruck than vickery who has a heart the size of a pea. geez again mumford and pyke are slow and lack agility  pyke is what 29yo so one of them is old.
to me now is the ideal time to give this bloke a game and take some work load off big ivan who is clearly struggling.
your going to be real unhappy if ivan has to start taking every other week off to manage his problem. touchy things groins.

simply put stephenson is in better form than vickery atm play him and give ivan a decent rest. imo ivan has played some decent footy for adelaide prmarily as a forward. always taken marks forward and as such has to respected.
Pyke is a hell of an athlete. But yeah Iv prob run out of patience with Ty so not against giving the big old slow O a run

the claw

« Reply #751 on: April 25, 2013, 08:42:33 PM »
The problem is Oren is slow, old, non agile and pretty much just not good enough to play afl as a forward option.
so dont play him as a forward.play him purely as a ruckman and send ivan forward  and play griffiths as a ff. what rule says he must play as a forward. other sides are playing two ruckmen.
big o will come up against griffen and possibly clark both second stringers. if it gets out of hand theres always ivan. ivan is definately sore and struggling why not give him a game where he spends 50% in the ruck 10 % forward and 40 % on the bench

My thought is that he will be slow, old, non agile and pretty much just not good enough wherever he plays, may as well as kept the King Island Cream Puff
what you hedging your bets. he is slow he is old and he lacks agility. no he will be anything.
 but as a ruckman he competes and he goes okay.  something both  graham and vickery dont didnt do.  certainly get more out of him in the ruck than vickery who has a heart the size of a pea. geez again mumford and pyke are slow and lack agility  pyke is what 29yo so one of them is old.
to me now is the ideal time to give this bloke a game and take some work load off big ivan who is clearly struggling.
your going to be real unhappy if ivan has to start taking every other week off to manage his problem. touchy things groins.

simply put stephenson is in better form than vickery atm play him and give ivan a decent rest. imo ivan has played some decent footy for adelaide prmarily as a forward. always taken marks forward and as such has to respected.

The real odd thing is that you keep on going on about getting games into the young cubs but right here instead of getting games into a developing KPF you want to give a 30 year old games who isn't up to AFL standard.

It's like you have a personal issue against Vickery
first and foremost i have no personal issue with vickey thats impossible ive never met him. by the way vickery is not up to afl standard atm.
i dont have an issue with older players the preseason debates that went on should have made you aware of that.  yes i have a preference for youth but not at all costs.

its funny im pushing to play a young kpf in vickerys place his name is ben griffiths. todd elton or dave astbury would also do..
im also  pushing to give the only decent ruckman we have some genuine backup before he breaks down completely. unless you havent noticed the only real option to give ivan a genuine rest in the ruck is a 30 yr old. 
kids or not i dont believe we should be REGULARLY playing blokes who are terrible. give em a decent go with blocks of 3 or 5 games  and if they struggle back to coburg to work on what they have learnt.
vickery has stuggled for 90% of his career yet we refuse to drop him be stuffed if i know why. we do have other options so why gift 23 yo men games. time for vickery to EARN HIS KEEP.

damn right im pushing to play some of the cubs and by the way vickery while young is 23 in a months time hes hardly a cub who needs treating with kid gloves.
the only reason im into vickery is because he is bloody horrible as a player atm and hes been horrible for a long while.

finally. you will know i have an issue with vickery when i start calling for the club to delist or trade him . ive never done that because i think like most supporters he has some talent but he cant live on the potential tag forever.

the claw

« Reply #752 on: April 25, 2013, 08:52:22 PM »
oh by the way. we went out and got a 30yr old ready to play ruckman. i have to ask why?  if we refuse to play him when the circumstances require it why get him at all.

surely circumstances require it now.

ivan playing with injury its plain to see. he can do with a rest or at the least his load lessened  before he actually breaks down.  with  the other second string ruckman in vickery  constantly and badly  out of form but we keep on playing him rather than try the bloke we went out and got for just such a scenario..

one other question do people really think vickery riewoldt and mcguane sufficient genuine tall  forward depth to get us thru the yr. we have to play others and develop that much needed depth. if we cant play em when those first three  are badly out of form i have to ask when.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #753 on: April 26, 2013, 07:50:15 AM »
oh by the way. we went out and got a 30yr old ready to play ruckman. i have to ask why?  if we refuse to play him when the circumstances require it why get him at all.

surely circumstances require it now.

ivan playing with injury its plain to see. he can do with a rest or at the least his load lessened  before he actually breaks down.  with  the other second string ruckman in vickery  constantly and badly  out of form but we keep on playing him rather than try the bloke we went out and got for just such a scenario..

one other question do people really think vickery riewoldt and mcguane sufficient genuine tall  forward depth to get us thru the yr. we have to play others and develop that much needed depth. if we cant play em when those first three  are badly out of form i have to ask when.
I think TV needs to be given a Coburg stint if his insipid form continues. I agree, put Griffiths down front and see what he offers there. If he marks anywhere from 65m out its a shot at goal.

If you do bring in Griff for TV, who goes out for Orren? You'd need to make both changes to allow a rest for Ivan.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #754 on: April 26, 2013, 08:07:22 AM »
nah, just play the straw man in the ruck and stock up on baling twine to hold him together when he breaks.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #755 on: April 26, 2013, 08:14:24 AM »
nah, just play the straw man in the ruck and stock up on baling twine to hold him together when he breaks.
Go on, get back on the field

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #756 on: April 26, 2013, 08:18:23 AM »
 :lol
it never ceases to amaze me how few people give thought to the point you raise when calling for such and such to replace vickery.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #757 on: April 26, 2013, 09:08:59 AM »
Vickery is rapidly losing the 'brownie points' he gathered 2 years ago. Our reliance on him developing as a ruck/key forward has held up our improvement in both those area's with little to show for it thus far. Meanwhile several prospects are 'log-jamming' behind him. I hope he doesn't turn out to be the classic case of his type of  footballer not reaching his potential until changing clubs. BTW I agree with Claw in that we should have been right into someone like Hannath several seasons ago.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #758 on: April 26, 2013, 09:21:37 AM »
Very big game is needed from Ty tonight, very big game.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #759 on: April 26, 2013, 02:46:54 PM »
:lol
it never ceases to amaze me how few people give thought to the point you raise when calling for such and such to replace vickery.

On the flip side, atm big Ty is about as effective as Chief Broom -"put the ball in the hoop chief"
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #760 on: April 26, 2013, 05:01:51 PM »
even being ineffective, he is still relieving maric from ruck duties during the game.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #761 on: April 26, 2013, 05:17:25 PM »
missed just about a whole season, round 5 and
some are dropping off Ty who still hasn't matured as most
talls don't.

mmm i will wait before jumping the gun.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #762 on: April 26, 2013, 11:48:16 PM »
A return to his best form tonight with 8 marks and 3 goals. Our only tall forward who looked like taking a mark when the ball went near him. An improved game when in the ruck as well.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #763 on: April 26, 2013, 11:52:26 PM »
Was a winner for us on the night. Had a very good game.

tony_montana

« Reply #764 on: April 26, 2013, 11:53:17 PM »
If claw comes in a calls it a barely average game I will quit this forum  ;D