Author Topic: Draft "Who" in Pre Season  (Read 5730 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Draft "Who" in Pre Season
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 05:38:19 PM »
Hopefully the indigenous kids were Sharples and/or Sibosado.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 06:57:59 PM »
I know its only a 3 min video but watching Brown he reminded me of was Lance Witnall. I have doubts that with his size he would be quick enough for todays game stlye.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2008, 03:50:41 AM »
from today's Age

Richmond ... will also go down the youth path, with the Tigers keen on Murray Bushrangers' defender Kade Klemke.

Tigers general manager of football Craig Cameron, who this week dispelled rumours of selecting former Eagle Ben Cousins, said it was almost certain the club would opt for untried talent.

"Kade's's doing pre-season with us, but we've got eight other boys doing pre-season with us as well," Cameron said.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/bombers-sights-on-vfl-midfielder/2008/12/06/1228257389800.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Essendon are looking at Port Melbourne's Robin Nahas and also Hayden Skipworth.
Brisbane are weighing up young ruckman Joel Tippett or Nick Davis.
Carlton remains well-placed for Chris Johnson
Port Adelaide is almost certain to reacquaint itself with Josh Carr.

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2008, 10:36:39 AM »
there are others such as tom simpkin and jamie sheahan who have impressed me more than klemke

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2008, 12:22:45 PM »
I still don't know why we haven't go higher profile left overs like Sibosado, De Boer, Gaertner, Allwright, etc down to train
I know we would have to take Klemke in the PSD as Sydney can get priority access to him as a rookie, but still, not sure I'm that thrilled with his potential selection.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2008, 12:26:30 PM »
I still don't know why we haven't go higher profile left overs like Sibosado, De Boer, Gaertner, Allwright, etc down to train

Maybe they are training elsewhere? Still some time yet.
Neither Sheehan or Klemke impress me at all. Very sketchy disposal.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2008, 07:58:44 PM »
High profile doesn't necessarily mean better though. Roury Kirkby was a high profile junior key defender who missed out getting picked up in the 2004 National draft when some people's predictions had him going top 25. When it came to the rookie draft we took Thursty with the first pick ahead of Kirkby who was picked up by Hawthorn at pick 2. Some fans bagged us at the time but the rest as they say is history. One we got right.

I'm guessing the 8 are:
Klad Klemke
Jamie Sheahan
Andrew Browne
Justin Van Unen
Elroy Gilligan
Liddle
Fort Caruso
A tennis player lol  ;) :shh

Not sure about Tom Simpkin?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 09:23:29 PM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2008, 11:01:34 AM »
High profile doesn't necessarily mean better though. Roury Kirkby was a high profile junior key defender who missed out getting picked up in the 2004 National draft when some people's predictions had him going top 25. When it came to the rookie draft we took Thursty with the first pick ahead of Kirkby who was picked up by Hawthorn at pick 2. Some fans bagged us at the time but the rest as they say is history. One we got right.
I understand that, but at least we got Roury down to train, he went 1-1 with Thursfield in each session and Thursfield beat him every time. There's under a week left before the PSD so I'd hope we get them down this week some time, but it appears that we've already chosen our list and many have questionable disposal and many don't seem to be the type of player we need to help our list structure.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2008, 01:04:32 PM »

A tennis player lol  ;) :shh

Maybe they want dad to run the kiosk.

Before the current recruiters time, but Moore and Foley were both training at Melbourne when we picked them in the rookie draft. Possible they have an eye on someone who has permission to train elsewhere.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2008, 02:33:39 PM »

I'm guessing the 8 are:
Klad Klemke

Klad Klemke? You're Klidding me, MT.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2008, 05:20:36 PM »
lol GB. That should be Kade ...doh! :wallywink

A hawk fan on BF has outed the 'tennis player' so no point hiding his name any more. He's Patrick Nicholls and he was a budding tennis champion. I was told he even played at junior wimbledon. Nicholls is now playing footy for St Bedes Mentone in A section Ammos. He's a good size, solidly built at 188cm and 90kg. There's interest in him because he's only played competitive footy for a year or so, so he's seen as having plenty of upside. The guy on BF said Nicholls starred all year on bigger bodies and wiser heads and reckons he would flourish at AFL level. They call him 'buddy'. Has the same attributes - very tall lanky left footy with pace and alot of skill and flair.

So that makes around 10 guys training with us.....
Kade Klemke
Jamie Sheahan
Andrew Browne
Justin Van Unen
Bryn Weadon
Elroy Gilligan
Patrick Nicholls
Nick Liddle
Fort Caruso
Tom Simpkin?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2008, 05:29:48 PM »
I understand that, but at least we got Roury down to train, he went 1-1 with Thursfield in each session and Thursfield beat him every time. There's under a week left before the PSD so I'd hope we get them down this week some time, but it appears that we've already chosen our list and many have questionable disposal and many don't seem to be the type of player we need to help our list structure.
Well I hope with 5 rookie picks + the PSD we are also considering others outside those training with us. Not sure what happened to our rumoured interest in Adam Cockie.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2008, 06:01:21 PM »

A hawk fan on BF has outed the 'tennis player' so no point hiding his name any more. He's Patrick Nicholls and he was a budding tennis champion. I was told he even played at junior wimbledon. Nicholls is now playing footy for St Bedes Mentone in A section Ammos. He's a good size, solidly built at 188cm and 90kg. There's interest in him because he's only played competitive footy for a year or so, so he's seen as having plenty of upside. The guy on BF said Nicholls starred all year on bigger bodies and wiser heads and reckons he would flourish at AFL level. They call him 'buddy'. Has the same attributes - very tall lanky left footy with pace and alot of skill and flair.

Come again?  ???
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2008, 06:09:44 PM »

Come again?  ???

From the photos he does look taller than 188cm when compared to the other players he's training with.  But if he is 188cm, I wouldn't say he's 'very tall' or even 'tall' for an AFL player.  8cm shorter than Franklin.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2008, 06:26:17 PM »

A hawk fan on BF has outed the 'tennis player' so no point hiding his name any more. He's Patrick Nicholls and he was a budding tennis champion.

Ahhh! I thought you were referring jokingly about Jelena Dokic.

Damir still might want to run the kiosk anyway. Quality control on the fish.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott