Author Topic: Morgan & Ilhan should run Richmond  (Read 3663 times)

RonBranton

Re: Morgan & Ilhan should run Richmond
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2004, 01:11:53 PM »
Jack - if you know two I know three - lol

David Morgan (married to ex Labor Minister Roz Kelly) is a Melbourne High School old boy. Worked with the Treasury as an adviser and is close to the Labor Party. Left Treasury when he didn't get the job as head of reserve bank and ended up running Westpac.

Over-achiever as a kid - almost played VFL, was in movies and TV show (Secret Five or something)

Went to school with Ron Branton. 

Jackstar

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2004, 01:15:10 PM »
Very funny Ronnie :lol :thumbsup.
Now Ronnie, a person can never over achieve, you just achieve to your maximum potential silly !

RonBranton

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2004, 01:18:04 PM »
touche - he certainly maxed out.

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2004, 02:41:14 PM »
Sorry but Ilhan can pee off......I dont want him near any club that I am associated with.....
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »
John Ilhan who says he is a mad passionate Richmond supporter - ins't even a member >:( :banghead

So he is unable to run for a position on the board

Why isn'the a member?

I think I may nominate myself. :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2004, 04:01:09 PM »
I'd vote for you WP except I don't think "On the Bench" membership gives you voting rights. :-\

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2004, 07:46:56 PM »
I really think more people would nominate for the board seeing its 9 seats up for grabs, but with this ticket option, they would think they wouldn't have a hope, as people would vote for this ticket or that one and if i ran as an independent i'd just get lost in the process.

The interesting thing is the names must be listed in alphabetical order so both tickets plus any independents will be all mixed together. In actual political elections you're allowed to state which group you belong to (ALP, LIB, NAT, DEM, NLP  ;D, etc) on the ballot paper but there's nothing I can find in the RFC constitution that either allows or forbids such listings.

They are creating a war at this club which will turn very, very bitter i think.

I think it already has and will only get worse. In a kind of stange way it's weeding out the hot-shots into the public spotlight that normally float around in the background. Maybe I'm just taking notice of them this time around.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 10:13:23 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2004, 08:29:13 PM »
Ok I have a new idea...for the leadership of Richmond....and this is it...Drumroll please :lol

RAMPS for PREZ!

whod vote for Ramps?....Infact...who wants to be on my ticket? Any interested parties can just indicate there interest below :cheers

Offline shawry

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2004, 01:43:02 AM »
I'll vote for you Jackstar if oyu give me some policies.  I'll vote for anyone with vision adn some actual policies nad a defined way of getitng us out of the mess they are in and can convey it to us members.

Jackstar

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2004, 07:01:03 AM »
Thanks Shawry, this mighten be as stupid as it sounds.Get back to you on it ! ;)
One thing I will say it that I am all for everyone rowing in the same direction.
The club as an identity is not predictable to itself thus the discontentment which is caused within. eg Outsourcing of Corporate sales and marketing etc.
To go even further, we arent predictable on the ground either but that is a football issue which should be left to the footy dept. Terry Wallace will sort that out fairly quickly though ! Doesnt need board members sticking their nose in footy issues does it ! ;)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 05:29:04 PM by Jackstar »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2004, 05:49:30 PM »
The club as an identity is not predictable to itself thus the discontentment which is caused within. eg Outsourcing of Corporate sales and marketing etc.

A clear sign of a Club that chooses quick short-sighted fixes instead of following a clear long term agenda that everyone follows no matter who is holding onto the reigns. There are also those within the Club that believe in following certain ways because they worked 30 years ago. We need to become a professional 21st century footy club. I'm sick of hearing about how great we were in the late 60's and 70's.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd