Author Topic: More Eddie whinging - "Richmond can't have lion's share in Polak-Cousins deal"  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Good luck Ben and the Tigers: Eddie (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 07:35:02 PM »

A fair article by Eddie.  :)

You get the strong feeling that Eddie's PR machine - just like Cousin's a few weeks ago - has kicked in and said "pull your head in d-head, you aren't winning any friends or making any headway here".   ;)

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
I agree smokey, never believe anything in the media....back pedal and damage control, too late buddy! :gotigers

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Eddie you bloody sycophant! You make me want to puke.  :chuck

Talk about hedging your bets in case Cousins has a ripper of a season with us!

I still remember you as the channel 10 sports reporter swaggering into Edwards Tavern in the late 80's acting like you owned the joint, full of your own self importance and trying to flog VIP memberships to your own mutual appreciation club.

You get far too much airtime you turd!!  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
An attempt by Eddie to try and justify to Pie supporters why he passed on Cousins just in case Cousins comes good and makes a fool of the Pies as well as the Saints and Lions. He must be spewing that Richmond is getting all the attention and is flavour of the month. No one could give a stuff who is captain of Collingwood Eddie. Then again announcing it on the same day as Cousins press conference maybe was deliberate. Maxwell is/was hardly a certainty to be in the Pies best 22.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Good luck Ben and the Tigers: Eddie (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2008, 09:50:37 AM »
Demetriou may have been tough in handing Cousins a 12-month suspension and demanding three-times-a-week urine testing and four-times-a-year hair testing, but those things will constantly remind Ben to strive to stay off drugs.

Pardon? I thought it was the AFL not just Demetriou acting on his own.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 03:31:49 PM by Beren »
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Eddie you bloody sycophant! You make me want to puke.  :chuck

Talk about hedging your bets in case Cousins has a ripper of a season with us!

I still remember you as the channel 10 sports reporter swaggering into Edwards Tavern in the late 80's acting like you owned the joint, full of your own self importance and trying to flog VIP memberships to your own mutual appreciation club.

You get far too much airtime you turd!!  :banghead

ROFL, good vent Tiga  :thumbsup

bushranger

Team Eddie pick a close to a nobody to captain his team in 09 just incase they fail badly. He then has something else to hang his coat on.
He is becoming his own worse enermy. He really has to learn when just to shut up. Could be he is too closely related to Joffa.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
An attempt by Eddie to try and justify to Pie supporters why he passed on Cousins just in case Cousins comes good and makes a fool of the Pies as well as the Saints and Lions. He must be spewing that Richmond is getting all the attention and is flavour of the month. No one could give a stuff who is captain of Collingwood Eddie. Then again announcing it on the same day as Cousins press conference maybe was deliberate. Maxwell is/was hardly a certainty to be in the Pies best 22.

Exactly right MT! Just Eddie trying to justify why the Pies didn't pick him up now that the football world has so whole-heartedly embraced the Tigers decision to give Cousins a second chance. I am certain that if Eddie, the Collingwood football club, the Pies supporters and their sponsors had foreseen all the positive media attention and AFL supporters support they would have snapped him up in a heartbeat. Now that they could be made to look like fools Eddie is pretending to be supportive of the decision just in case Cousins stars in 2009.

Bad decision Eddie - the Tigers can't lose either way in picking up Cousins but you and your club will look like fools if he has a great season next year....and what a great feeling that would be for not only Benny and the Tigers but for all the other 15 clubs.

Back in your box Eddie

Stripes

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
The shine is off Eddie, even his loyal Magpie supporters are starting to doubt his rhetoric.  That entire Channel 9, Footy Show click has started to unravel.

Now would be a good time for either Channel 7 or 10 to take on the Footy Show.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

bushranger

Anything, but not the footy show.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame

Sorry, I meant take on the Footy Show with their own football show - not light hearted, unfunny, in jokes that none of us understand but another type of football show that is entertaining and informative.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

bushranger

Sorry, I meant take on the Footy Show with their own football show - not light hearted, unfunny, in jokes that none of us understand but another type of football show that is entertaining and informative.

Sounds better now I have to say.

Ox

Eddie somehow thought that if Collingwood made a song and dance about getting Cousins and then deny the guy in such a PUBLIC way,nobody else would be interested.

He's a dog and a suck.

A suck-dog,if u will.

Tiga,another edi story:

One night at the Metro nightclub in the city a younger edi became a little to heavy handed with a Serb named Jim.

Needless to say,Jim was unimpressed with dikwads attempt to promote his broadie upbringing and laid,"The GREATEST Headbutt I have ever seen" to send the coke-snorting journo onto the top of the bar.

Out Cold.

LMAO U Fat nut.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 01:50:41 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Pure PR fluff piece.

He has his tongue firmly implanted in Dem's arse.

The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Eddie in the Hun today whining about the stick his copping for earning $5million at Channel 9 for doing SWEET #$@* ALL!!!!
Imagine the guilt on Eddies face on the 15th of every month when $500k gets paid into his bank account.  He must blush like this bloke :banghead and do a bit of that head banging stuff given he has no job after a year off the air....
It's that simple Spud