Author Topic: Robin Nahas [merged]  (Read 39084 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Robin Nahas [merged]
« Reply #255 on: August 06, 2012, 12:08:45 AM »
just thought id bring this thread up.

some having a go at me because i continue to criticise this bloke despite him kicking a few goals.

what i see.

1/ skills -  has no penetration in his kicking.
hes so one sided its not funny  lost count of the times this has cost us goals. totally lacks polish for a little guy.

2/ always falling over its a constant.

3/ size- well that encompases several things.
is constantly brushed aside, hes just not strong enough one on one  or when over the ball.

4/ just does not get involved in games enough. a common theme is him going missing for huge chunks of games.
all these things and more have been and remain constants with this bloke. he is not a afl quality small and despite him bobbing up in the odd game kicking goals we must do better than him.
There you go Claw we agree again.  :thumbsup

I think Nanas has done a great job for himself but let's face it he's never gonna be big enough, skillful enough or have enough impact for finals footy.

I think he'd definately be a great option for trade.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #256 on: August 06, 2012, 02:18:21 AM »
I worry long term how many smalls can fit in the side.

Nahas and king might be one too many. Let alone white. A maric. Foley etc.

That said nahas has tricks and he's proven at vfl level.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #257 on: August 06, 2012, 07:10:42 AM »
The secret is not how many smalls you have but how good they are!

Example: Geelong
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #258 on: August 06, 2012, 07:48:05 AM »
If i was opposition list  manager and Nahas came up for trade would take him in a heartbeat
Might wanna watch the 3rd quarter against the saints again  that was 30 minutes of cream
Does go missing not consistant but he does impact games in small amounts of time

the claw

« Reply #259 on: August 06, 2012, 11:15:12 AM »
people wonder why we missed finals again too many like nahas. the lack of quality is screaming at us.
yes hes kicked some goals, and in that one regard hes done well.  by seasons end 30 or more small/med players will have kicked at lest 20 25 goals. the good ones like milne lecras betts will kick 50 plus again and again this is what we should be aiming at.

he chases he applies tackles every single sml forward good poor or average must do these things. theres one thing laying a tackle and another laying an effective tackle.

someone said hes our second biggest goal scorer what does that mean, andy collins was our second highest scorer one yr.

i can categorically say this bloke will let us down time and time again when we need players to stand up the most, i can say this because of his weaknesses they will always crumble under pressure.
arent people sick and tired of seeing players with poor skillsets wearing the richmond jumper.

the work load and weight of the club has been on the shoulders of the likes of deledio cotchin tuck grigg and will continue to be when the likes of king nahas white edwards are getting a regular game. these blokes should be making a significant contribution thru the midfield yet most of the time they struggle to get their hands on the ball to compound matters they have little polish or class and usually waste opportunities when you need them to stand up and be clean and concise with their skills.
we cant continue to play these types if we wish to takle the next step. we must find players who are more well rounded and whos skills wont crumble under pressure.
i for one have been waiting far too long for us to become a good side im sure oeveyone else has too. we need to go to the next level and the simple facts are some players are not going to take us there.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #260 on: August 06, 2012, 11:16:53 AM »
If i was opposition list  manager and Nahas came up for trade would take him in a heartbeat
Might wanna watch the 3rd quarter against the saints again  that was 30 minutes of cream
Does go missing not consistant but he does impact games in small amounts of time

Like nearly all good small forwards.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #261 on: August 06, 2012, 12:12:05 PM »
people wonder why we missed finals again too many like nahas. the lack of quality is screaming at us.
yes hes kicked some goals, and in that one regard hes done well.  by seasons end 30 or more small/med players will have kicked at lest 20 25 goals. the good ones like milne lecras betts will kick 50 plus again and again this is what we should be aiming at.

Like all of our weaker players claw, until we have someone who can take him place he is our best option by a large margin. We have no one else who has the pace or skills to crumb and earn us opportunist goals. Perhaps this is an area we need to look into. Could our PNG rookie fill the role?

We are very light on in the crumbing forward department particularly now that the role includes time in the midfield  :-\

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #262 on: August 06, 2012, 12:27:58 PM »
The secret is not how many smalls you have but how good they are!

Example: Geelong

Not many teams win flags with a fleet of midgets

the claw

« Reply #263 on: August 06, 2012, 08:00:58 PM »

Like all of our weaker players claw, until we have someone who can take him place he is our best option by a large margin. We have no one else who has the pace or skills to crumb and earn us opportunist goals. Perhaps this is an area we need to look into. Could our PNG rookie fill the role?

We are very light on in the crumbing forward department particularly now that the role includes time in the midfield  :-\
stripes it been shown time and time again with us that we keep them and the tmptation is to play them regardless.  if they arent there you cant play em.

the claw

« Reply #264 on: August 07, 2012, 11:48:30 AM »
ive pointed out his weaknesses how does he stack up against his peers at other clubs.

just about every small/med forward at other clubs id prefer to nahas based mainly on their strengths and weaknesses. just some that spring to mind
adelaide - porplysia, knights who cant get a game.
carlton - betts and garlett. garlett has had a lousy season but kicked 21 goals to date.
collingwood - dont really have small forwards,  their genuine  small forwards  are expected to be a significant part of their midfield rotations  beams sidebottom thomas blair fasolo are all infinatey better players than nahas, add krakouer as well when fit a bloke we cut and rightly so is better than our so called best small forward.
 essendon -  geez hands up who think alwyn davey is a good player i certainly dont.  hes kicked 26 goals so far this yr they have monfries and jetta as well all better options than nahas.
freo -  fyfe mayne and ballantyne.
geelong - chapman motlop varcoe menzel johnson even stokes all better players than nahas and they give something in the midfield. they rotate thru and takee the load of their mids they dont drop away when these blokes rotate thru

gcs  - harley benell comes straight to mind.
hawthorn - rioli, bruest, osborne, lewis all come to mind. all better than nahas.
melbourne - green yes green hes an infinately better player than nahas.
north - harvey harper edwards id take over nahas every day of the week. i dont include thomas because hes too like nahas with his skills and other areas yep hes kicked 30 goals as well.
port - robbie gray comes straight to mind ebert as well both are better than nahas.
stkilda milne saad scnieder i would take all three in front of nahas.
sydney - jetta mcglyn okeefe 
wce - lecras and nicoski who they havent had this yr hill and hams  are either better in hills case and hams is skill wise as well. these are their 3rd and 4th stringers
wb - you woulld take higgins every day of the week.

simply put if we want to catch and pass most clubs in this area we must do better than nahas king white and company.that is what we are about atm catching and passing other clubs in all areas.

its only my opinion but nahas does not have the skillset or physical attributes for the level and he does not stack up against his peers.
yes he kicks a few goals but fails in nearly every other area needed to play at the level. sheesh including talls there must have been 90 odd players last yr kick 20 or more goals.

Tigermonk

« Reply #265 on: August 07, 2012, 12:24:52 PM »
ive pointed out his weaknesses how does he stack up against his peers at other clubs.

just about every small/med forward at other clubs id prefer to nahas based mainly on their strengths and weaknesses. just some that spring to mind
adelaide - porplysia, knights who cant get a game.
carlton - betts and garlett. garlett has had a lousy season but kicked 21 goals to date.
collingwood - dont really have small forwards,  their genuine  small forwards  are expected to be a significant part of their midfield rotations  beams sidebottom thomas blair fasolo are all infinatey better players than nahas, add krakouer as well when fit a bloke we cut and rightly so is better than our so called best small forward.
 essendon -  geez hands up who think alwyn davey is a good player i certainly dont.  hes kicked 26 goals so far this yr they have monfries and jetta as well all better options than nahas.
freo -  fyfe mayne and ballantyne.
geelong - chapman motlop varcoe menzel johnson even stokes all better players than nahas and they give something in the midfield. they rotate thru and takee the load of their mids they dont drop away when these blokes rotate thru

gcs  - harley benell comes straight to mind.
hawthorn - rioli, bruest, osborne, lewis all come to mind. all better than nahas.
melbourne - green yes green hes an infinately better player than nahas.
north - harvey harper edwards id take over nahas every day of the week. i dont include thomas because hes too like nahas with his skills and other areas yep hes kicked 30 goals as well.
port - robbie gray comes straight to mind ebert as well both are better than nahas.
stkilda milne saad scnieder i would take all three in front of nahas.
sydney - jetta mcglyn okeefe 
wce - lecras and nicoski who they havent had this yr hill and hams  are either better in hills case and hams is skill wise as well. these are their 3rd and 4th stringers
wb - you woulld take higgins every day of the week.

simply put if we want to catch and pass most clubs in this area we must do better than nahas king white and company.that is what we are about atm catching and passing other clubs in all areas.

its only my opinion but nahas does not have the skillset or physical attributes for the level and he does not stack up against his peers.
yes he kicks a few goals but fails in nearly every other area needed to play at the level. sheesh including talls there must have been 90 odd players last yr kick 20 or more goals.

cant beleive you not mention a brownlow medallist who does the most damage in thier forward line DANE SWAN

gerkin greg

« Reply #266 on: August 07, 2012, 12:57:18 PM »
Fyfe a small forward?  :huh

A lot of medium forwards and mids in that list Claw

Offline Big Papa Bear

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #267 on: August 07, 2012, 02:54:41 PM »
The kid's produced 3 improving & consistent years - goals, goal assists, tackles. Though his average disposals is down from last year he has already beaten last year's goal tally by one and has 4 games to go.

There are times when he gets smashed ( i.e last few minutes against Roos) and he struggles the following week - but he shows courage despite not being built. I suppose those are the occupational hazards of the lightly built types - and most teams have them.

PS Collingwood will have Andrew Krakouer in a similar role when he gets back.

the claw

« Reply #268 on: August 07, 2012, 07:13:33 PM »
Fyfe a small forward?  :huh

A lot of medium forwards and mids in that list Claw
well i did say mediums and smalls.  i include mediums because if we had any at all we would play em instead we play 3 or 4 smalls that have no polish.
fyfe started as a forward and has quickly shown he can be a big part of their midfield. much like sidebottom thomas beams have.

did not mention swan as i consider him a mid but your right  monk he does go forward and do a bit of damage. didnt mention didak either.

this is just opinion we all have em im just letting people know after people have ahd a dig  what i think of nahas where i rate him and what  i think is wrong with his game.its opinion its no more right or wrong than the next blokes.

the claw

« Reply #269 on: August 07, 2012, 07:17:02 PM »
The kid's produced 3 improving & consistent years - goals, goal assists, tackles. Though his average disposals is down from last year he has already beaten last year's goal tally by one and has 4 games to go.

There are times when he gets smashed ( i.e last few minutes against Roos) and he struggles the following week - but he shows courage despite not being built. I suppose those are the occupational hazards of the lightly built types - and most teams have them.

PS Collingwood will have Andrew Krakouer in a similar role when he gets back.
did mention krakouer bpb.
but lets not get caught up in who should or should not be ranked as a forward what for me is plain as day is nahas is well down the pecking order when copared to his peers.