Author Topic: Robin Nahas [merged]  (Read 38899 times)

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Robin Nahas [merged]
« Reply #300 on: August 11, 2012, 02:02:49 AM »
Whatever floats ya boat...

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #301 on: August 11, 2012, 02:05:17 AM »
I have absolutely no stuffing idea what you're on about.

Persecution complex much....

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #302 on: August 11, 2012, 09:58:21 AM »

Why are you such a smart person all the time?

:wallywink
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 11:57:50 AM by 1965 »
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #303 on: August 11, 2012, 10:10:37 AM »
hey HEY HEY!  whats with the foul language old man?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #304 on: August 11, 2012, 10:33:17 AM »
hey HEY HEY!  whats with the foul language old man?

Foul language?

:lol
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #305 on: August 11, 2012, 11:02:11 AM »
This thread has degenerated, the only dick is Robbie - damn big one too. One, two, three goals a games and a few tackles is all you can and could ever ask of a small forward. That's Robbie. A small, big forward. Get a grip people. And if Robbies nearby, you'll need both hands  >:(
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

tony_montana

« Reply #306 on: August 11, 2012, 11:04:18 AM »
been talking about how these glass half full types let us down because of their deficiencies. got me thinking people are hanging their hat on the fact nahas has kicked 30 goals this yr and ignore everything else.
i asked myself what has he done against the current top 8 sides as far as impacting the goals goes.

co - o goals
syd - 0 goals we won that game
adel - 1 goal
wce - 0 goals
haw - 1 goal
gee - 2 goals
ess- 1 goal
nm - 3 goals.

total 8 goals  against top 8 sides.read into that what you will.
we complain about not getting over the line against the better sides we complain about our forward line not working well nahas is a part of those problems at least  against the better sides it seems

He averages 1.5 goals a game.  He betters that against 2 sides and just below against 3.  Not sure you're stats actually support your argument too much.  So 5 of 8 he's actually going to average.

The better sides are the better sides coz they win more games.  Thus they stop all our forwards not just Robbie.
when 1.5 is the total  a .5 drop off is enormous  thats a  33.3% drop off against the better sides.

unbelievable the length supporters will go to defend their favorites.

Thats rich coming from you, the lengths you will go to to show up players as mediocre is pee funny

Gigantor

« Reply #307 on: August 11, 2012, 11:38:40 AM »
At this point in time Robbie,jake ,Bacha,edwards,jacko etc get games and fair enough too.If we are going to challenge for a premiership then our depth will be so much better,and probably some of these guys will be kicking the dew off punt road.I hope thats what Dimma has in mind

the claw

« Reply #308 on: August 11, 2012, 12:03:27 PM »
been talking about how these glass half full types let us down because of their deficiencies. got me thinking people are hanging their hat on the fact nahas has kicked 30 goals this yr and ignore everything else.
i asked myself what has he done against the current top 8 sides as far as impacting the goals goes.

co - o goals
adel - 1 goal
wce - 0 goals
haw - 1 goal
gee - 2 goals
ess- 1 goal
nm - 3 goals.

we complain about not getting over the line against the better sides we complain about our forward line not working well nahas is a part of those problems at least  against the better sides it seems

He averages 1.5 goals a game.  He betters that against 2 sides and just below against 3.  Not sure you're stats actually support your argument too much.  So 5 of 8 he's actually going to average.

The better sides are the better sides coz they win more games.  Thus they stop all our forwards not just Robbie.
when 1.5 is the total  a .5 drop off is enormous  thats a  33.3% drop off against the better sides.

And in 2 games way above average.  And we also won the hawks game.

And btw:  You need to learn comprehension.  No where in any of my posts have I claimed he's a favourite.  All I'm trying to do is create some objectivity.  I don't have to agree with you.  Didn't realise that was a site rule.  I assumed that one could have a discussion and post a differing point of view without being derided.

Pot-kettle-black at all.....
i dont see where ive used derision at all. if i were to rip into you there would be no mistaking it.
you certainly come across as a person who likes nahas you certainly are defending him.  look i will concede and say perhaps of saying favorites i should have said players.

we have a total of 8 games  against the current top 8 sides where 8 goals have been scored at 1.0 ave a game.
 the only way to look at it is as a whole with such a small number base..
 i can easily say hes below his overall ave in 6 games and above it in just two against top 8 sides. or how about i say lets take the high of 3 against the roos and the low of 0 against collingwood out and work it out from there which is a done thing in a lot cases. his average against top 8 sides then drops even further.

what we are actually seeing is nahas kick 1 goal a game on average against the better sides and 2 goals a game on average against  the poorer sides. there really can be no arguing that. with such low numbers that is a  massive differential. that is the overall view.
 you can point to a game here or a game there and paint a pretty picture i can do similar and paint a poor picture.

believe it or not on this thread  im not complaining about goals being kicked.  what i do complain about is his overall game and the chronic weaknesses in it. it is these things that have me saying we should be looking for much better long term as nahas imo is a very ordinary player despite managing to kick 1.5 goals a game this yr.just my opinion but i think what he does poorly detracts too much from what he does well.

the claw

« Reply #309 on: August 11, 2012, 12:15:26 PM »

co - o goals
adel - 1 goal
wce - 0 goals
haw - 1 goal
gee - 2 goals
ess- 1 goal
nm - 3 goals.

Thats rich coming from you, the lengths you will go to to show up players as mediocre is pee funny
if simply pointing out a players weaknesses is going to great lengths then yes i go to great lengths. as far as i can see all i have done is stick to the facts and my own observations.
not my problem if you cant handle a bit of reality or constantly fail to see players deficiencies. i really do suggest you take those coloured glasses off.

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #310 on: August 11, 2012, 12:43:50 PM »

co - o goals
adel - 1 goal
wce - 0 goals
haw - 1 goal
gee - 2 goals
ess- 1 goal
nm - 3 goals.

And in 2 games way above average.  And we also won the hawks game.

And btw:  You need to learn comprehension.  No where in any of my posts have I claimed he's a favourite.  All I'm trying to do is create some objectivity.  I don't have to agree with you.  Didn't realise that was a site rule.  I assumed that one could have a discussion and post a differing point of view without being derided.

Pot-kettle-black at all.....
i dont see where ive used derision at all. if i were to rip into you there would be no mistaking it.
you certainly come across as a person who likes nahas you certainly are defending him.  look i will concede and say perhaps of saying favorites i should have said players.

we have a total of 8 games  against the current top 8 sides where 8 goals have been scored at 1.0 ave a game.
 the only way to look at it is as a whole with such a small number base..
 i can easily say hes below his overall ave in 6 games and above it in just two against top 8 sides. or how about i say lets take the high of 3 against the roos and the low of 0 against collingwood out and work it out from there which is a done thing in a lot cases. his average against top 8 sides then drops even further.

what we are actually seeing is nahas kick 1 goal a game on average against the better sides and 2 goals a game on average against  the poorer sides. there really can be no arguing that. with such low numbers that is a  massive differential. that is the overall view.
 you can point to a game here or a game there and paint a pretty picture i can do similar and paint a poor picture.

believe it or not on this thread  im not complaining about goals being kicked.  what i do complain about is his overall game and the chronic weaknesses in it. it is these things that have me saying we should be looking for much better long term as nahas imo is a very ordinary player despite managing to kick 1.5 goals a game this yr.just my opinion but i think what he does poorly detracts too much from what he does well.

Sorry but Nahas is not a favourite player in particular.  I'm not heavily defending him.  I'm trying to provide some objectivity.  A different view to yours.  I agree with some of your views of Robbie and not others.  I don't see the players in a binary sense (i.e. good/bad).  I watch for roles, I watch for team performance.  I am very comfortable with 5 or 6 stars (A grade players to use one of your terms) and a heap of role players.  I can see a team, even in the future, where Robbie plays a role.  Get a better 3rd and 4th string forwards and Robbie gets an even poorer defender.  He may or may not improve.

Some very ordinary footballers have played in premiership sides.  Some have even done well.

I don't have Robbie in the immediate vicinity of getting upgraded.  There are more pressing concerns imo.

You "claim" chronic weaknesses and have been stating he's a poor tackler.  He lays more effective tackles than most players that play the small forward role.  He's 3rd in the league from small forwards for effective tackles.  5th for goals.  so stats don't support your argument.  I disagree.  Yeah I see a guy who get knocked off the ball a bit (a bit too much) but his tackles stick.  He's too right sided, but it still works.

One of thing that he adds that I think that we as a team are getting chronically weak on is speed.  We are, imo, becoming a slow side.  I see that of greater concern.

tony_montana

« Reply #311 on: August 11, 2012, 01:46:14 PM »

co - o goals
adel - 1 goal
wce - 0 goals
haw - 1 goal
gee - 2 goals
ess- 1 goal
nm - 3 goals.

if simply pointing out a players weaknesses is going to great lengths then yes i go to great lengths. as far as i can see all i have done is stick to the facts and my own observations.
not my problem if you cant handle a bit of reality or constantly fail to see players deficiencies. i really do suggest you take those coloured glasses off.

:lol Your powers of perception are rooted. Anybody that knows me, knows Im far from a glass half full marker when it comes to the RFC players, I can handle the reality that players are deficient, Im not their mother... I also dont have a problem with facts, I merely like to point out that contrary to what you claim, you have a tendency to largely embellish weaknesses to prove ur point. They are not facts, they are your opinion which I see as being overly zealous and skewed to a fault.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #312 on: August 11, 2012, 03:26:39 PM »

Why are you such a smart person all the time?

:wallywink

Pull your head in, old man. HK and I are mates, so mind your own business.

:lol
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 03:56:48 PM by one-eyed »

the claw

« Reply #313 on: August 11, 2012, 10:00:06 PM »

co - o goals
adel - 1 goal
wce - 0 goals
haw - 1 goal
gee - 2 goals
ess- 1 goal
nm - 3 goals.

:lol Your powers of perception are rooted. Anybody that knows me, knows Im far from a glass half full marker when it comes to the RFC players, I can handle the reality that players are deficient, Im not their mother... I also dont have a problem with facts, I merely like to point out that contrary to what you claim, you have a tendency to largely embellish weaknesses to prove ur point. They are not facts, they are your opinion which I see as being overly zealous and skewed to a fault.
lol on this thread thus far what have i embellished.
fact against top 8 sides he averages just 1 goal a game,
fact he is one of the most one sided players in the comp how many little men do you see who have no opposite foot at all.
fact he constantly falls over.
fact he goes missing for huge chunks of games in particular this yr.
fact hes not getting a lot of ball.
opinion  he is costing us when he goes into the midfield.
fact hes lousy one on one pushed aside very easily
fact he is poor over the ball
fact his lack of polish and one sidedness has cost innumerable goals this yr.

finally i disagree with hk i see so many tackles that are ineffective but lets call that opinion.

i havent complained about him kicking goals this yr but i have complained that kicking 1.5 a game which is a decent return has papered over just how poor hes been in other areas.
its been others who keep telling me because hes kicked 30 goals to date hes a good player. in reply to that i pointed out he hasnt kicked to many against the better sides and hes been very poor in most other areas.

ive even said he not as bad as some on the list and is safe this yr. but if we want to improve we need to weed out the glass half fulls.

now you point out the embellishments and id be more than happy to debate them with you. in pointing them out you may actually have to tell us all exactly what he does so well and doesnt do well.

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #314 on: August 12, 2012, 02:18:45 AM »
You're not disagreeing with me, you're disagreeing with Champion Data.

They only count effective tackles and only register the dominant tackler, not second man in.

Nahas ranks 3rd in the AFL for small forwards in effective tackles laid.  Not my stats, not my opinion.  Something independent.

I'm just trying to provide some objective facts.  Not opinion.  Facts.  Hard numbers.  Quantifiable data.  Comparative data.

I thought that would be easy to understand and then discuss.  Well that was a wasted thought.