Author Topic: Robin Nahas [merged]  (Read 38900 times)

the claw

Re: Robin Nahas [merged]
« Reply #315 on: August 12, 2012, 11:39:26 AM »
You're not disagreeing with me, you're disagreeing with Champion Data.

They only count effective tackles and only register the dominant tackler, not second man in.

Nahas ranks 3rd in the AFL for small forwards in effective tackles laid.  Not my stats, not my opinion.  Something independent.

I'm just trying to provide some objective facts.  Not opinion.  Facts.  Hard numbers.  Quantifiable data.  Comparative data.

I thought that would be easy to understand and then discuss.  Well that was a wasted thought.
do they count missed tackles and then average em all out. one other thing be  just a little bit wary of stats.  his high tackle count may mean nothing more than hes second to the ball too often.

look im prepared to concede he tackles but thats not enough he tackles and kicks a few goals as a small forward rotating thru midfield. i expect much more. at the end of the day i dont rate him and people on here do.
 i dont see an upside with him because of the many weaknesses that have been mentioned.
 i think hes a type that is easily replaceable you only nee to look at shane edwards  heshas kicked 19 goals in the last 10 11 games since hes played as a forward.

the claw

« Reply #316 on: August 12, 2012, 07:40:00 PM »
another sublime game of falling over fumbling and running past the ball by robbie only today there were no goals. have i mentioned hes vfl standard only before,  im sure i have.
if he had kicked three goals today people would be telling me he had a good game. how far from the truth would that be.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #317 on: August 12, 2012, 07:49:44 PM »
another sublime game of falling over fumbling and running past the ball by robbie only today there were no goals. have i mentioned hes vfl standard only before,  im sure i have.
if he had kicked three goals today people would be telling me he had a good game. how far from the truth would that be.
I thought he kicked one in the last......
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

the claw

« Reply #318 on: August 12, 2012, 07:59:26 PM »
thats it then his game was great.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #319 on: August 12, 2012, 08:05:16 PM »
I am sick of watching this guy in a Tiger jumper, so soft and always goes to ground.

Get rid of him.

Edwards, King and White are all better IMO.

Gigantor

« Reply #320 on: August 12, 2012, 08:09:19 PM »
Thought matty white was ordinary today

the claw

« Reply #321 on: August 12, 2012, 08:11:59 PM »
I am sick of watching this guy in a Tiger jumper, so soft and always goes to ground.

Get rid of him.

Edwards, King and White are all better IMO.
would have king white and nahas in the same boat the lack of polish for these types is mindboggling. there are better skilled wafl players running around.no let me rephrase there are better skilled u12s running around.
edwards imo has at least had a good consistent 10 12 weeks. i ask myself will he slip back i hope not, hes where he needs to be and stay, at a minimum.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #322 on: August 12, 2012, 08:13:03 PM »
I thought we were bagging Post this week?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #323 on: August 12, 2012, 08:15:37 PM »

If he kicked 3 goals his game would have been totally different and you'd have to judge it on that

the claw

« Reply #324 on: August 12, 2012, 08:34:40 PM »

If he kicked 3 goals his game would have been totally different and you'd have to judge it on that
what we judge it solely on the goals he kicks do we. isnt there other areas of the game that he should be proficient at. he could have kicked 5 today and it would not have covered over how fumbly ineffective  and ordinary skillwise this bloke is.
take cotchin and deledio out of the team today and that reserves team would have kicked our arses. we need blokes like nahas king white jackson houli etc to step up and give these blokes a chop out. every time they were rested the dogs bit back. the depth is scary the simple fact we have so many who are basically role players is killing us. would have been a real interesting exercise today to see both teams at full strength.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #325 on: August 12, 2012, 08:43:17 PM »

what we judge it solely on the goals he kicks do we. isnt there other areas of the game that he should be proficient at. he could have kicked 5 today and it would not have covered over how fumbly ineffective  and ordinary skillwise this bloke is.
take cotchin and deledio out of the team today and that reserves team would have kicked our behinds. we need blokes like nahas king white jackson houli etc to step up and give these blokes a chop out. every time they were rested the dogs bit back. the depth is scary the simple fact we have so many who are basically role players is killing us. would have been a real interesting exercise today to see both teams at full strength.

You missed my point. If he did kick 3 goals as the example you used then he would've had to be involved in some other way. What if those 3 goals were from crunching tackles that resulted in holding the ball?
I think we both agree but your to busy trying to make everyone out as stupid and yourself as a footy genious.

the claw

« Reply #326 on: August 12, 2012, 09:03:20 PM »

take cotchin and deledio out of the team today and that reserves team would have kicked our behinds. we need blokes like nahas king white jackson houli etc to step up and give these blokes a chop out. every time they were rested the dogs bit back. the depth is scary the simple fact we have so many who are basically role players is killing us. would have been a real interesting exercise today to see both teams at full strength.

You missed my point. If he did kick 3 goals as the example you used then he would've had to be involved in some other way. What if those 3 goals were from crunching tackles that resulted in holding the ball?
I think we both agree but your to busy trying to make everyone out as stupid and yourself as a footy genious.
nope im a pretty and i should not say this because i can see people having fun with it but im a pretty simple person with  no complications. i can assure you im not big noting im just driving home a point as hard as i can.

you know we talk finals even now.  my thinking all yr and now has been we are a bottom 6 side.  its blokes like nahas and king white jackson mcguane etc that makes me think we are a bottom 6 side. on this thread ie done all i can do to show how ordinary this bloke is. ive compared him against his peers he doesnt stack up. ive gone thru his numerous weaknesses and strengths and on top of that his overall performances. in any mans language he does not stack up.

i dont see many defenders of him talking strengths and weaknesses.  because the weaknesses far outweigh the strengths. in fact if he was 18 in a nd you wouldnt touch him wioth a barge pole.
 i dont see to many talking about over all performances. in the main they have been below standard.
 i dont see any comparing him against his peers and giving an opinion where he sits. why because any honest person will have him well down the pecking order.
some things are obvious but not to rfc supporters it seems.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #327 on: August 12, 2012, 09:20:14 PM »
Thought matty white was ordinary today

Thought Matty White played his role on Murphy well today. Murphy didn't has his normal impact or cut to ribbons like he normally does. His job was shut down one and he did well IMO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #328 on: August 12, 2012, 10:25:23 PM »
thats it then his game was great.

He also dished off two. :lol :rollin :lol

Today he had 8 touches of the highest quality. :thumbsup

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #329 on: August 12, 2012, 10:35:23 PM »
 i dont see any comparing him against his peers and giving an opinion where he sits. why because any honest person will have him well down the pecking order.
some things are obvious but not to rfc supporters it seems.
Statistically and end result wise he stands up very well against his peers.

All sides play 1 small forward and many play 2.  For argument's sake I'll go with half the teams in the league.

That means 27 small forwards.  Statistically he's 5th for goals (or was last week) and 3 rd for tackles.

As I said previously, he aint the problem.

I don't need a battering ram to be offered a differing view to my own.  But you offer no statistics no comparisons, just criticise him based on your own view and opinion.  Publicly available KPI's and stats would indicate he's performing his role.  Then you don't even accept them.  You argue compare him to his peers and he stacks up OK.

It get's pointed out that you're wrong on his tackling and it becomes "he's second to the ball".  I see lots of intense chases where he shouldn't even be in the contest but wills himself to it.  (Remember the 4th quarter vs Lions.)

You claim it's obvious but wont accept counter arguments and deride people with a different view.  Given the facts (note:  facts not opinions, not perceptions) it's no where near as obvious as you make out.  I could suggest the obvious bit...