Author Topic: Our Rucks  (Read 2725 times)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Our Rucks
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 08:34:32 PM »
Patto will be a good CHF in the Benny Gale mould, doesnt have to be fast, just needs to compete all day long, as he always does!

On form, who have we got that is better - he can also pinch hit in the ruck to allow Simmo to rest in the forward line.

Patto is one of the few that the Tigers owe, so dont be surprised if he gets first crack at CHF.

By the way, was playing injured for some of last year

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 09:08:31 PM »
Patto will be a good CHF in the Benny Gale mould, doesnt have to be fast, just needs to compete all day long, as he always does!

On form, who have we got that is better - he can also pinch hit in the ruck to allow Simmo to rest in the forward line.

Patto is one of the few that the Tigers owe, so dont be surprised if he gets first crack at CHF.

You've always been a big lover of the big fellow Camboon and I have to agree with you in terms of the club owing Patto for all his ruck work when both Simmo and Knobel went down in 2007 but we are getting to a stage where players will be given positions on merit and form alone, history will be ignored. I don't think he will be our best 2nd ruck option come 2010 nor best CHF option either despite his services to the club.

Hope I'm wrong mate because he seems like a top bloke

Stripes

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 10:35:48 PM »
You pirate, bet ya got a girl in every town - LOL

Still think hes the best 2nd ruckman, and should be given a crack at CHF! The other ruckman like Cleave at CHF must prove themselves and earn respect

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 11:11:15 PM »

Patto and Benny gale in the same breath, your joking right?

please tell me you are
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2009, 02:03:00 AM »
Patto is still quite young.I cant remember too many ruckmen dominating the game at his age.Could be a "slow burner" like bling.

From the outside looking in he seems like a popular clubman.I would give him atleast one more year to prove his worth to the team
Unleash the tornado

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2009, 03:32:31 PM »

Patto and Benny gale in the same breath, your joking right?

please tell me you are
Benny was a late developer to say the least. Coordination wasn't the first thing to come to mind when watching a young Benny lol. He was big and bulky. Hence the Patto comparison.

I'm more positive about our ruck stocks long-term after yesterday (Vickery especially) but we are still going to be overly reliant on Simmo this year. Gus was okay without setting the world on fire. Touchwood Simmo remains relatively injury-free  :pray.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2009, 05:07:23 PM »
Patto is still quite young.I cant remember too many ruckmen dominating the game at his age.Could be a "slow burner" like bling.

Careful Mat073, you will start the Richie bashers up again and then it will get onto Jordie and then end up like it always does with TW copping a spray :o

You got the slow part right anyway about Patto

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2009, 01:56:48 AM »

Careful Mat073, you will start the Richie bashers up again and then it will get onto Jordie and then end up like it always does with TW copping a spray :o

You got the slow part right anyway about Patto
Sorry did I say bing...meant to say benny gale.I always get those two mixed up.....Its like they are twins.
Unleash the tornado

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 05:31:33 PM »

From the outside looking in he seems like a popular clubman.I would give him atleast one more year to prove his worth to the team

who says Bling is burning.

The only time that guy will burn is if he goes outside now.

Lets not kid ourselves, he has done nothing in his football career to date
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 10:07:42 PM »
sorry chuck ....too late
Unleash the tornado

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2009, 11:38:09 PM »
So how do we now all feel about our ruck situation after seeing Graham in combo with Simmo tonight?

Ramps

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 11:46:01 PM »
I thought Gus was a positive, he seemed competitive tonight. Not a bad performance at all in the ruck from young Angus.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2009, 10:34:41 AM »
I thought he was good as well.

Negated Sandilands, tackled well and will be a handy backup if Simmo goes down with an injury.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do