Author Topic: Are you going Thursday night?  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Are you going Thursday night?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 11:00:03 PM »
I'm in Perth for the week with work - it better be on one of the channels in my hotel room or I'll be very unimpressed.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 11:06:30 PM »
i will be going.

it is on Channel 10 at 8:30pm, the match starts at 7:10pm.

prediction for the attendence?

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 07:35:06 AM »
 ;D

bushranger

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 07:51:22 AM »
We are getting the game live her to so I will be watching it on the big tv in the lounge room instaed of going to the bedroom to watch it.
Like I usually do when the footy is on.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 08:54:50 AM »

prediction for the attendence?

They're saying over 40,000
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 09:13:02 AM »
Nope too far have to watch it on TV  :'(

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2009, 10:15:51 AM »
I'll be there and will try and try and be there by 5.30 to get a good seat. Madness really considering it's a preseason game.... 8)

We are going in with a weaker side than the Pies so unless our young fellows step up this week (I'm not convinved they were the difference last game) we will be beaten.

I'm just excited to see the new recruits, including Rance, and of course Cuz. It will be an amazing sound when he comes on the field - the Tigers suporters cheering  :gotigers and the Pies booing  :wallywink.

Hope we win. I can't stand the Pies supporters....

Stripes

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009, 01:32:23 PM »
Come early, see Cousins: Wallace

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace has declared that Ben Cousins will start Thursday night’s NAB Cup match against Collingwood on the ground.

Wallace said he couldn’t see much point in starting the Brownlow Medallist’s career at Richmond from the bench.

“I think there’s probably been enough razzamataz,” he said before training on Tuesday at Victoria Park.

“I think probably get out there and just play would be the best idea [for Cousins].

“Look, we haven’t finalised our side yet, we’ve got to get through training today before we do that, but I’d suggest that we’d be more likely to just throw him out there and let him get on with playing.”

The ‘no mollycoddling’ theme will mean game time for the 30-year-old.

“Certainly he’s looking forward to playing – we haven’t rushed him, and we said that was going to be the case the whole way through.

“He’s just slowly built up his progress over a period of time, and so first game, I think he’d be pretty keen just to get out there and get a kick.

“He’ll play a reasonable amount of game time – how the game’s going will sort of depend on how it goes from there, but certainly I’d see him playing 60-plus per cent.”

Wallace said Cousins, who won a flag with West Coast in 2006, would be expecting more of himself than the club was.

“It’s a practice game where we’re getting ready for round one – it’s his first genuine hit-out, so others are ahead of what he’s done at this stage, so what you’re looking for is him getting through safe and sound, that he gets a kick and just see how he starts to gain a little bit of confidence.”

Young gun Trent Cotchin (achilles) and 2003 Jack Dyer Medallist Mark Coughlin (meniscus tear) are both still unavailable for selection – Coughlin is a couple of weeks away while Cotchin is still in doubt for the start of the season.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/72486/default.aspx
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2009, 08:44:23 PM »
Yep, I'm going with two bloody Collingwood supporters

God I hope we win, although I'm driving so if either of them start getting lippy then she can walk home

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2009, 08:50:05 PM »
yes :gotigers
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 12:21:02 AM »
For sure ill be there.

Most looking forward to seeing the new recruits.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 07:20:41 PM »
Getting there around 4.30-5pm. It's going to be choccers and we all know how quickly the Dome's ticketing system works  :help.

With a large crowd expected to attend the clash between Collingwood and Richmond at Telstra Dome on Thursday 26 February, the venue is encouraging all patrons to pre-purchase tickets for the match to avoid queues at the ticket sales windows.

Tickets are available through the Ticketmaster network. Call 136 100 or visit www.ticketmaster.com.au for more details and to secure your tickets to the game.

Any patrons planning on purchasing tickets at Telstra Dome on the day are advised to get to the match early to avoid queueing.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/default.aspx?newsid=72535
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 07:26:07 PM »
Yep, I'm going with two bloody Collingwood supporters

God I hope we win, although I'm driving so if either of them start getting lippy then she can walk home

one in particular huh lolol

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 07:54:39 PM »
 My Brother(a OER regular) and me along with our bloody Collingwood suporting Brother in  Law are going.

Looking forward to seeing the big Vick in action as well as a few of the other new boys , but remember its a pratice match to get us ready for round one - they will use different tactics than what we would use in the real season.
Unless of course we win!!!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 08:15:27 PM »
Cant believe it just found out we dont get the game in the country here on TV until 12.30am - 3am can you believe that poo!!! I will have to listen on the AFL web site, not stuffing happy Jan.... :banghead Although I do have Fox so I could watch it at 9pm... unbang head... ::)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"