Author Topic: Linking to forum from Google  (Read 2803 times)

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Linking to forum from Google
« on: February 26, 2009, 09:07:54 AM »
Hey Guys,

Just a note to say that if you connect directly into the forum from Google, www.oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php there seems to be a malicious program which re-directs the page to download an online scanning program.  If you say no to installing it, it begins scanning anyway.

Thought it would be good to flag it.  Been happening for a couple of weeks, but no problems connecting directly

Cheers

LT

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Linking to forum from Google
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 01:18:43 PM »
Is anyone else noticing the same problem with the OER forum link on Google as LT?

Can you post here if you are or aren't just so WP and I know.

I've clicked the OER forum link via google using both IE and Mozilla Firefox and it's working fine for me so any further info would be much appreciated.

LT in the meantime try running your antivirus, anti-adware and anti-spyware programs just so we can eliminate the possibility that your computer has picked up a trojan or some kind of virus.

Cheers and ta for letting us know LT.

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 11:10:00 PM »
It happened again in the last hour.  Has happened on two seperate pcs over 4 different ISPs.

Maybe it is UK specific, as its google.co.uk as the google link.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 08:41:58 PM »
Cheers LT.

I still wasn't able to find anything even doing a search via google.co.uk so I logged onto a UK web proxy and the first time I tried accessing the forum via the google uk link I got the scanning site you are talking about. I went back and tried the link a few times again and it was fine. Bizarre! I'll contact google to see what they can do to fix it.