Author Topic: Cotchin out until round 8  (Read 3536 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Cotchin out until round 8
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2009, 11:13:18 PM »
I've got some positive news on Cotch. He did some straight line 100m running today at training with a trainer while the others were warming up. I wouldn't say sprinting but it was at a decent pace nevertheless. Good to see him at least back running. We had a quick chat with Trent after training as he was sitting in the dugout with an ice pack around the ankle and he said he'll be fine it's just taking a while.

Thanks MT.
I think I'll wait until he plays before getting carried away but it's a start I guess.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2009, 07:22:03 AM »
Tezza briefly mentioned Cotchin last night and said he may be back in a few weeks which ties into what they've been saying for the past couple

I suppose it depends on whethe it flares up again.... at the moment it seems to have settled down  :pray
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2009, 08:29:01 PM »
Tezza briefly mentioned Cotchin last night and said he may be back in a few weeks which ties into what they've been saying for the past couple

I suppose it depends on whethe it flares up again.... at the moment it seems to have settled down  :pray
If Cotch is still running next week at training then that will be a positive sign that the achilles hasn't flared up again.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2009, 02:53:45 PM »
More positive news on Cotch. He was running again today at training (100-200m runs around the boundary) and also had a couple of kicks to warm up. So he obviously pulled up okay from last week's runs. Hopefully he's now back on track and we'll see him back in the senior side by round 8 as scheduled.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2009, 05:03:33 PM »
That's great news Thanks MT  :thumbsup

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2009, 08:57:57 PM »
Best news for a while Mighty. :thumbsup

Gently, gently Trent.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2009, 09:25:17 PM »
More positive news on Cotch. He was running again today at training (100-200m runs around the boundary) and also had a couple of kicks to warm up. So he obviously pulled up okay from last week's runs. Hopefully he's now back on track and we'll see him back in the senior side by round 8 as scheduled.

Without rushing him through just hear me out. He was super fit before this injury so really if he comes good soon wouldn't you expect him back by round 3-4?? He was no ware as fit as he is this year last year and he had the same injury, then he debuted in round 11 didn't he??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2009, 09:27:31 PM »

Without rushing him through just hear me out. He was super fit before this injury so really if he comes good soon wouldn't you expect him back by round 3-4?? He was no ware as fit as he is this year last year and he had the same injury, then he debuted in round 11 didn't he??

yeah but he's been in hibernation for last 8-10 weeks , must seriously setback his prep ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2009, 09:32:35 PM »

yeah but he's been in hibernation for last 8-10 weeks , must seriously setback his prep ::)

poo has it been that long and how does that time frame compare to last years out of interest as I cant remember.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2009, 10:20:04 PM »

poo has it been that long and how does that time frame compare to last years out of interest as I cant remember.
Last year he only started running just before round 1 similar to this year except he hadn't trained or played at all since the TAC Cup PF in September 2007 when he broke his foot and then the achilles side-effects from that. It is better in that respect as this year he now has 14 weeks of AFL footy behind him plus the initial (too) hard preseason training in October before the achilles on the opposite foot played up. Still missing basically 3 months of preseason means it'll take a similar time frame as last year before he plays senior footy again.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2009, 11:49:01 PM »
Well it would be nice if we could get a few wins on the board before he comes back and its too late.

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2009, 03:59:08 AM »
Monaghan said star young midfielder Trent Cotchin was "progressing" in his comeback from an achilles injury and was about three weeks away from starting full training.

"He's running and going ahead in leaps and bounds, but when he returns he will need a few games in the VFL," Monaghan said.

Cotchin's fitness is a long way behind that of the bulk of his teammates. His time frame for a return to the elite level is now about round seven or eight.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25252593-5012432,00.html

The Herald-Sun or Age I can't remember which said he'll be back by round 5 in the VFL.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2009, 04:21:56 PM »
Some great news from Anduril on Y&B from Club 80 yesterday

"Cotch has started full training and says he’ll be right for Coburg in 3 weeks."

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=236342#post236342

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2009, 05:25:01 PM »
What a fine note to finish off a Wednesday arvo. :) :) :)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2009, 10:02:34 PM »
Some great news from Anduril on Y&B from Club 80 yesterday

"Cotch has started full training and says he’ll be right for Coburg in 3 weeks."

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=236342#post236342

Hmm I was a bit confused... Reading that one sentence it sounds like Cotch was there - he wasnt  :-\

then I flicked over the Y&B and read the whole thing... ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)