Author Topic: Sad News  (Read 4007 times)

2JD

Sad News
« on: September 27, 2004, 08:44:19 AM »
 :'( Went away for a week to Halls Gap with 2 of the kids for the holidays. On our second day gone my daughter called to say the cat was acting sick but then got better so she let him outside as is normal. He never came back. Yesterday the lady 2 doors down called my 13 yr old to come see if this dead cat was his!!! >:( Stupid woman, why she didnt call me (i was out washing the car) I dont know. Very sad house at the moment, my 17 yr old daughter keeps crying cos she thinks its her fault, i keep expecting to trip over him, he had a habit of lying in doorways or the middle of the kitchen, the dog is moping around missing her best buddy. He was such a handsome cat, locked up every night, only went out for short times. He was so healthy when we left, we dont understand why he died. I'm gonna miss our Pudden :'(

froars

Re: Sad News
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 08:57:26 AM »
First of all, welcome back 2JD!
And second, very sorry to hear about Pudden  :'(  - i luv animals to death and i know how hard it is.
But most of all, tell your daughter not to blame herself.  Tis my experience that cats like to go away to die peacefully on their own - well my last cat did - and i don't think your girl should take blame for something i think is a natural thing for cats to do.
RIP Pudden  :'(

Online julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 08:59:56 AM »
Being a cat person I can relate to what you are saying.  Gizmo (see avatar) will be 12 years old in November which in cat years equals about 65.  Although both Gizmo and Patch are dirty on me at the moment as we all had a bit of a tussle whilst I tried to worm them this morning.

2JD

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 09:03:51 AM »
thanks guys, thought i was dealing with it ok, but just reading your messages bought a tear to my eye again, i better pull myself together, have to go to work shortly :P

froars

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 09:09:51 AM »
I give you permission to have the day off 2JD  :(

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 11:57:01 AM »
That is sad 2JD. I have five pets (2 dogs, 3 cats) living at my parents house. I've also lost 2 along the way (1 cat, 1 dog), so I know how hard it can be. They are part of the family after all. At least they both lived a full life...

One of my cats is about 14 now, so I guess he's nearing the end. I only see them when I see my family these days...maybe once a fortnight, or a week if lucky.

It's part of life I guess, but bad luck all the same.
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.