Author Topic: Changes for next week for the doggies game?  (Read 4471 times)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week for the doggies game?
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2009, 07:19:13 PM »
dont like to disappoint you, but im fit healthy, no fillings what so ever in my teeth , blood sugar perfect, cholesterol spot on, my last FBA was perfect have produced 2 healthy kids, have a third on the way and successful at what i do. life is good/  the important people in my life support and stand by me, that is what matters. unlike you, i can sleep at night even, even when some oer tools dont like me. as i said life is good

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2009, 07:24:54 PM »
hey ramps whats with the personal attack?
well seeming that you stooped to that level, ........

are you stressed today, have not you found a butt hole to play with today?

You call that a personal attack lol ... You seem to be very thin skinned lad. :whistle

thinned skinned coming from a greek lol
now i have heard it all

Problem with ethnics i see you loser.

if only RFC had more Ethnics we might have played in more finals.

Bring back Merenda i say

no not at all, are not we all ethnics in australia
Merenda good italian boy, ian stewart even had an italian father
no problem at all with ethnics, maceos, turks, italians, malteses, germans, french  , etc etc etc
even met the occasional ok greek, pretty rare i might add lol
but just because i am anglo saxon and dont like you does not mean i have issues with ethics. 

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2009, 07:41:31 PM »
Tigertime,

Thank you for your feedback.

On behalf of some on this forum may I make a few points.

1. Tambling 4 goals in a quarter against W Coast. Once in 5 seasons has he had a standout matchwinning quarter. Too bad it was the first and we lost the game cos the other 3 were crap, just like the many others. Did you notice his 1 possesion game against the Hawks later that year? 1 quarter in about 90 games.That's 1 quarter out of 360.

2. Edwards like a piece of fairy floss. If the wind picks up he may float. Not hard enough at the footy and no defensive skills. Incident on outer wing on Saturday proved this kid is not built or equipped as well as mentally up to playing footy at this level.

3.Jon the less said the better. If he was that good he'd be established in the Richmond side now, not running around for Coburg.

Your point on Michael Long. Arrived in 1989 from St Mary's and played in a GF in 1990 and won a Norm Smith in 1993 in his 5th season. So Tambling is not going to play in the Grand Final this year can't blame him for that but when he runs through the heart of the MCG the way Longie did in the 1993 GF his 5th season Tambling has 20 games to left to emulate this feat. Once achieved maybe just maybe may I slightly acknowledge something you write.

Personally I don't want to know about your personal life but horses for courses.............

Furthermore I don't need you to tell me

a) What sort of Richmond supporter I am or aren't as who the f*** are you to decree that on anybody on this forum.

b) Anything to do with heritage of certain posters and the politics of the country of origin of certain posters. This is not the place it is a footy forum not the UN Assembly.

c) Racist bigotted views. No time no place on here just like racial vilification has no time on the footy field.

Just a few things that are concerning me as a forumite here and watching the quality of posts degenerate as soon as you come on.

Its not about having a thick skin when somebody steps over that imaginary line in the sand we all draw its about having a thing called courtesy, self respect and manners. Something which I feel is lacking but then again you aren't even controversial if that is your agenda.

To the rest of the posters I urge you all to ignore Tigertime and not get sucked in by his personal posts, racism and insults. If you ignore it, it will go away. Let's just focus on the issues that concern the RFC and the week to week ebbs and flows that is our great and proud club. Moderators please take note and act accordingly. This is about RFC not anyones mother, heritage,lifestyle, wealth or status.

I am almost inclined to feel sorry for you. Almost.............

Tuckerbag

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2009, 08:19:34 PM »
Well done Tuckerbag top post.

One thing about those guys mentioned. I cant fault that they try hard when they are out on the park, mainly JON when he played and Tambling.

Sadly i dont think its enough.

JON was never meant to play seniors. He does not have the footy smarts nor does have he have the skills.

People at Tigerland seem to hang on to far too many players who are not ready made Footballers and i hope im wrong but i cant see any of them 3 being anywhere near the calibre of Michael long, in fact probably more closer to Chris Egan and skills houlilan those 3 are.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2009, 08:24:00 PM »
Coughlan is still at least 3 weeks away and that's if he doesn't get re-injured.  If he makes it back to the seniors then it won't be until he can run out 4 quarters for Coburg.

Lets hope Coughlan can return to football & have a good year, l be really rapped if his body would let him so he gets peace at mind
it would take him at least a year at senior level off the bench just to come to terms with the pace of the game.
Rushing him in & expecting him to be the same player he once was will only destroy the young fella & end his career if injuring his legs again
No-one in the football world would like to see that happen so we wish him all the good luck this season.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2009, 08:34:26 PM »
An INTERNET TROLL is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off topic messages in an online community with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response.

This will be the only non football comment I will make on this forum.
Unleash the tornado

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2009, 08:42:54 PM »
I will repeat yet again - enough with the insults and sniping.  :banghead

Also another reminder about the swear filter, we are very lenient as you all know but constant avoidance of it in particular to snipe at people is crossing the line. Take this as a warning

I refer to the below link that I posted back in August 2007 and it appears that it is more than relevant today

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=3581.msg71393#msg71393

It said in part:

Snide or childish comments directed at particular genders, religions etc are also totally unacceptable because directly or indirectly they are personal attacks and go outside our guidelines

We have during the time this forum's been running avoided having to issue warnings or worse still ban people from the site. Actually we've been very fortunate that we have only had to do this on very rare occasions.

However, we now find that are being left with absolutely no alternative but to issue warnings and look at banning people who continually abuse other posters.

I suggest everyone have read and take note of the forum guidelines at:

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=13.0

Regards
WP, Mr OE & MT

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 09:06:24 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2009, 09:00:54 PM »
Curious about how poor people feel Tambling is as a player. Tambling is not in our best at the moment but he is far from our worst too. When fit, his form warrants his place in the team.

JON is a lost cause IMHO despite his sudden good form for Coburg. He has been moved to the forwardline but this year is his last chance.

I think the reason why both Tambling and JON are judged so harshly compared to others on our list is because they were high, first round draft picks. If Bling had of been taken in the second round he would been given more slack. JON is a contant embarrassment to our clubs recruiters and supporters.

If Bling can finally be given a permanent spot/position I think this will give him the stability to focus his performance, strategy and role rather than have to contantly be changing his play each week.

Stripes

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2009, 10:31:41 PM »
I agree Stripes
I hear all the time on this forum that Richie has played only one good quarter in his career but the fact is he has got brownlow votes in four games -round 9 2006,round 3&10 2007 and round 5 2008.However I do believe it is now time for Richard to repay the faith
Unleash the tornado

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2009, 08:08:18 AM »
Thought Tambling was in our best (not saying much) for the Blues game.
Not the world beater we hoped for when drafted but still improving IMO.
In our best 22.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2009, 10:37:47 AM »
Curious about how poor people feel Tambling is as a player. Tambling is not in our best at the moment but he is far from our worst too. When fit, his form warrants his place in the team.

JON is a lost cause IMHO despite his sudden good form for Coburg. He has been moved to the forwardline but this year is his last chance.

I think the reason why both Tambling and JON are judged so harshly compared to others on our list is because they were high, first round draft picks. If Bling had of been taken in the second round he would been given more slack. JON is a contant embarrassment to our clubs recruiters and supporters.

If Bling can finally be given a permanent spot/position I think this will give him the stability to focus his performance, strategy and role rather than have to contantly be changing his play each week.

Stripes

Yes correct

you can add Schulz to that list as well.

For a guy who is over 190 cms he does NOT do enough. He should be a Barry Hall type and a lot bigger than what he is.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2009, 07:45:03 PM »
Gonna be hard to stop the Doggies goalsneaks who will definately kick 3 against us=the umpires. :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Squad for Round 3
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2009, 10:14:14 PM »
According to the footy show

Richmond

In: Thursty, Collins, McMahon, Patto, Cogs, Tambling
Out: Nil.

Bulldogs

In: Everitt, Tiller, Reid, Welsh, Callan
Out: Nil

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Squad for Round 3
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2009, 10:38:52 PM »
Batten down the hatches if Jordie comes back in  :-\. Strange Thursty and Jordie are named when by all reports they both did nothing for the Burgers to warrant a return to the seniors.

According to Anduril on Y&B Patto is playing for Coburg this week so that's one we can strike off.
Blingers didn't train so unless they are giving his hammy a set time to recover before Monday he won't play either.

Good to Collo named. Hopefully he gets his chance to debut. It must be tempting to bring Cogs back in but are just one full game at Coburg they should be mindful of his body especially after seeing what happened to Cuz in his comeback.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Squad for Round 3
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2009, 09:04:55 AM »
as expected i knew Jordie would play, thats just how Terry operates.

Send him back to Coburg and who cares if they play crap we will still give him a recall meanwhile others bust their guts at the burgers