Author Topic: IT'S TIME TO GO THE TANK- IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE! [merged]  (Read 39391 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: IT'S TIME TO GO THE TANK- IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE! [merged]
« Reply #765 on: August 28, 2011, 06:42:47 PM »
I feel it's good to win today. Even If we end up 9th or so.

If tanking was the root the time was many Years ago. Not now With gws.

I did find it strange we had an older team on the parkto Adelaide.  :P

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #766 on: August 28, 2011, 08:13:40 PM »
I feel it's good to win today. Even If we end up 9th or so.

If tanking was the root the time was many Years ago. Not now With gws.

I did find it strange we had an older team on the parkto Adelaide.  :P
If we were older it's because both sides were young. Oldies Miller and Tucky would inflate the average age of our side but they are the only ones above 25 from memory out there today.

As for these wins the proof will be in the pudding next year especially round 1 if it's again against Carlton. Get flogged and again these will be meaningless wins. I still feel outside out top half dozen or so, who are very good footballers and matchwinners on their day, we have an ordinary 2nd tier who have/will fail against better sides than an Adelaide.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #767 on: April 10, 2013, 11:48:53 AM »
Some very estactic Demon supporters on their forum overjoyed they lost but Demetriou says it's not an issue  ::)

Title: Did you want McMahon to kick the goal?

Absolutely.
McMahon...ha! One of the worst players in the comp. Lucky to kick it, lucky to get the mark. About time things go our way, what a horrible thing to say.
I and about 10 others in the Bullring (I couldn't watch it from my seat) all cheered.
Horrible situation.

I danced around like we'd won the premiership... I love McMuffin.

Love it! The worst player in the AFL kicks a goal that delivers Scully to us - fantastic!

You should have heard the Tiges' supporters on the radio - they are soooo filthy that their team doesn't play for the future.

What a great day!!

YES YES GOD YES!

Mere seconds earlier I was fuming, filthy, devastated that I've sat through 3 years of utter garbage and it's all going to mean nothing when we beat the worst team going around, in a meaningless game.

I had to look away when McMahon was kicking it. Figures that the biggest dud in their side, who couldn't hit a target all day, was going to line up for the victory. I was ecstatic when he won it.

Some people around me must have thought I was crazy, but they will all be very happy when Tom Scully is dominating the competition for the next 10 years.

I felt like an absolute prick today. I wanted Mcmahon to kick that goal. I saw Melbourne fans walk out in dusgust when Ricky nailed that goal with less than 2 minutes to go and fans celebrating like we had won a flag after Mcmahon kicked the goal. Then I saw the players looking totally gutted laying on the ground and I thought to myself how can I possibly want my team to lose.

The priority pick has got to go! Clearly on todays performance, the players do not tank, but Bailey tanked like his llife depended on it today. At one stage we had Spencer, Miller , Jetta and Bate in the middle (look out fab four). Then Grimes n Cheney had a crack! I particularly liked Dunn(tagger) on Jackson(tagger) early in the 1st quarter. Warnock in the forwardline was a masterstroke as was Juice Newton in defence.

However, all I can say is, well done Bails. We didnt make the stupid rule, but we would be jeopardising our tilt at the flag in 3 years time if we didnt milk it for all it is worth today.

Something posters gloss over. Winning culture comes from having enough talented players to win constantly against ALL TEAMS.

Let's face it. The three wins we have had, we've still played like rubbish. It's not like we've played brilliant football and blown teams out of the water with great skills and class. The fact is that the three wins, opposition played even more poohouse then us.

Our only chance to win at the moment is hoping the opposition team plays like poo. How the hell do we win a premiership when our best chance is hoping the opposition doesn't turn up.

I want to beat Geelong and StKilda at their best and we need more talent on our list to ensure that.

Mcmahon is GOD and from this day I'll fight for his honour whenever Richmond fans bag him. I've got your back Jordan.

First thing I did after the game was buy a McMahon badge, 100% not joking

http://forums.demonland.com/index.php?showtopic=16138

Love the "tilt at the premiership in three years" comment. Poor bast#%^*
Unleash the tornado

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #768 on: April 10, 2013, 11:59:23 AM »
 :lol

I liked the guy buying a McMuffin badge. Constant reminder of the tanking saga and Tom $cully. Must burn him every day when he sees it.  :lol