Author Topic: Cogs is back!  (Read 3357 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Cogs is back!
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2009, 08:50:06 AM »
Smokey old fella  ;D

See your lad is doing a great job there you   ;D be getting your cake soon  :thumbsup

A good result for all concerned!  ;D

This week was the first week I have been confident that he still has enough to offer the senior side.  I saw glimpses in the first couple of weeks but this was his best game by far and showed that although pace might not be his strong suit, you can't underestimate courage, work ethic and a football brain.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Cogs is back!
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2009, 09:19:35 AM »
I have to say this and I am expecting to get battered for saying it but I still have major concerns

The game is just so quick and the opposition run off him so easily at times  :-\

I actually think it is in the oppositions plan to run off him.

Thought some of his kicks were poor - I know his kicking has always been his biggest weakness but a times he struggled to kick it 10 metres forward.

I hate getting seduced by stats but I read with interest that with 28 odd touches his effiecency of disposal was only 57%. I wanted to do the appropriate research before I posted this  ;D

If we are going to bag others for their poor disposal we should be prepared to share it around

NB: not sure how it all looked on the TV but at the game some things can look very different - just my opinion

Bash away folks  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)