Author Topic: Team vs. North Melbourne  (Read 2320 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Team vs. North Melbourne
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 07:40:05 PM »
Funny the club rates Connors highly. He had little to no preseason once again. Agree Beren he shouldn't have been picked last week. He needs more time to gain some match fitness at Coburg before coming back in.

They do rate him highly ..."X factor" type player but.....

I don't think his "effort" last week was just related to his lack of match fitness. I just don't think he work hard enough
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 09:42:36 PM »
Funny the club rates Connors highly. He had little to no preseason once again. Agree Beren he shouldn't have been picked last week. He needs more time to gain some match fitness at Coburg before coming back in.

They do rate him highly ..."X factor" type player but.....

I don't think his "effort" last week was just related to his lack of match fitness. I just don't think he work hard enough
True WP. He had plenty of mates on that front too  :P. But as a match committee you're asking for it when you select a player after what 1 or 2 VFL games and no preseason. Even a freak like Cotch needed 3-4 VFL games before coming in.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 09:47:14 PM »
Matt White very lucky.

Simmonds and Brown should be brought back in through the 2s, the whole injury excuse is actually getting a bit boring, so are the excuses.

Luke Hodge - see his GF performance last year?

He was injured.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 10:08:46 PM »
Seems we've picked quite a few players so far this season that we shouldn't have due to injury/lack of fitness. :P

Pressure will do that to you but it has backfired big time. :P

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 10:13:06 PM »
I had tipped a tiger victory till i saw Tambling, JON and patto in the same team.

Tambling one good game and his back. SHOCK HORROR.

another nail in Terry's coften on its way.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 10:35:00 PM »
I had tipped a tiger victory till i saw Tambling, JON and patto in the same team.

Tambling one good game and his back. SHOCK HORROR.

another nail in Terry's coften on its way.

daniel GROW THE stuff UP

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 12:05:09 AM »
Can tell you that Connors is on the solarium ones dartboard.
Might as well leave the tiges at the end of the year. This kid has been slaughted

mmm, not quite correct. :sleep

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 02:24:57 AM »
welcome back Mark Coughlan  :)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cogs back, Troy pays price (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 05:59:47 AM »
Cogs back, Troy pays price
Jon Ralph | April 24, 2009

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace survived the axe this week, but it has fallen on under-performing ruckman Troy Simmonds.

Simmonds has been dumped, along with recruit Tom Hislop, after the Tigers' loss to Melbourne, while Nathan Brown is out with groin soreness.

The Demons had been thrashed in the ruck all year, but Wallace pointedly mentioned his team's failures in the centre square after last week's loss.

Simmonds, 30, in the last year of a five-season contract, has been one of several senior players to disappoint for the Tigers this year.

In more encouraging news, the club has confirmed Mark Coughlan will play his first game since Round 12, 2006, after recovering from knee surgery.

Ruckman Adam Pattison replaces Simmonds, while Richard Tambling has been given another chance and forgotten midfielder Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls will play his first game of the year against North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium tomorrow night.

Star second-year midfielder Trent Cotchin will play in the VFL tomorrow alongside defender Andrew Raines, returning from knee problems.

But midfield recruit Ben Cousins will wait one more week before testing his injured hamstring in the VFL.

Richmond football manager Ross Monaghan said yesterday Simmonds was a victim of his poor form.

"It was just that Adam Pattison has been in really good form," Monaghan said.

"He had ankle surgery that restricted him in the NAB Cup series, but he has been in really good form with Coburg, and Simmo's form hasn't been at his absolute best."

Despite a horrific week at Richmond, Coughlan's return will be heartwarming for the Tiger faithful.

"He has been so persistent. A lot of people would have turned it up and said it was all too hard," Monaghan said.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25377323-19742,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond's Brown forced out (Age)
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 06:00:50 AM »
Richmond's Brown forced out
Martin Boulton | April 24, 2009

RICHMOND has been dealt another blow before tomorrow night's match against North Melbourne, with Nathan Brown's groin complaint ruling him out.

Brown was among four changes to a side that has had its fourth consecutive loss: Troy Simmonds, Tom Hislop and Daniel Connors have been dropped. In a bad week for the club, the big positive has been Mark Coughlan's inclusion.

Operations manager Ross Monaghan said Brown was "touch and go" early in the week after pulling up sore from last week's loss to Melbourne, but a six-day break sealed his fate going into the crucial game at Etihad Stadium. "He was restricted last week, got through most of training this week, but the decision was made to give him a week's rest."

Adam Pattison replaces Simmonds. Richard Tambling and Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls have also been named.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/richmonds-brown-forced-out/2009/04/23/1240079801811.html

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 10:52:32 AM »
HF: Tambling, Riewoldt, Bowden
F: Pattison, Morton, Deledio

Anyone think we can kick 16 goalswith that forward line?
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 11:20:54 AM »

Maybe over two games we might manage it.

With that forward line there are going to have to be a lot of input from the mids to kick goals plus Richo kicking about 4 to get anywhere near 16.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 11:44:01 AM »

:lol

With the amount of Inside 50's we have per game, we won't even get close.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 12:53:11 PM »
welcome back Mark Coughlan  :)

Well said.

Ge would have been nice to open this thread to the amount of excitment for Cogs to come back but it's all Tambling and Connors bashing.

All the best of luck to Cogs really hope he gets through the game and sings the song at the ed of the game. Stuff like that sets up seasons.

As for Tambling maybe 1 game too soon but I'll tip that he'll have a cracker of a game. Had a steller pre season, was in our best 5 against Carlton missed Geelong with a hammy strain and played one shocker. I'll be looking forward to calling up radio stations when Bling plays a blinder this weekend.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 12:59:32 PM »

With that forward line there are going to have to be a lot of input from the mids to kick goals plus Richo kicking about 4 to get anywhere near 16.

Something called working as a team.

Richo = 3
Morton = 2
Pattison = 2
Nahas = 2
Riewoldt = 2
Bling = 1
Bowden = 1
Deledio = 1
Foley = 1
White = 1

= 16

Not hard lads. It's what is called 100% contribution.
Go Tigers!