Author Topic: Richo out for 10 weeks  (Read 5958 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richo out for 10 weeks
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2009, 03:48:48 PM »
On the RFC site...

Richo reveals his future - Read Matthew Richardson's exclusive column from 6pm AEST 

Tigermonk

Re: Richo out for 10 weeks
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2009, 03:59:01 PM »
Yeah  :clapping  :clapping Richmond did it again to the favorite son Richoman this time THEY WILL NEVER LEARN
l have said it for years over & over & so many times recently that unfit players shouldnot take the ground.  They cost games, Cost moral around the club, they cost punters, & its a stuffing disgrace
we had fit forwards in Shulzs or could have even blooded Vickery or even played Simmonds at FF for a change but no they had to go in with unfit players & lose again
l'm sure Wallace is coaching this way for his beloved Hawks cause the idiots heart does not lay at Tigerland.
Richmond is the laughing stock of the football world & there is no excuses
As for the Coburg side going down shows very dull years ahead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
(Golf) swings and roundabouts: Richo (RFC)
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2009, 03:32:20 PM »
(Golf) swings and roundabouts
richmondfc.com.au
By Matthew Richardson  Thu 21 May, 2009

IN MOST situations, there's good news and bad news.

My good news is that I'm healing quickly, and I'm well on track to be back later this year, nicely ahead of schedule.

The enforced layoff means I've had plenty of time to think about what I want to do, and it's just reinforced to me that I'm really focused on getting back to full fitness, playing again this year and giving myself a chance to go again.

My bad news? I'm still pretty ordinary at Tiger Woods Golf on the Playstation. See, my brother stole the Playstation for a couple of years and I didn't get to use it so I've gone backwards – I used to be alright at the NBA basketball as well, but it's taking me a while to get back into it. I think I just have to realise that I'm no good at it now.

The good news out of that, though, is that I can now sit down, I don't have to lie on the couch like I did straight after the op. It's still uncomfortable and I have to keep getting up, but we're getting there.

The great news is that as of this week, I'm back at the club and immersed in a full rehab program. I saw the surgeon, Julian Feller, on Monday and he was really happy with the way things were going. He has given me the option to start ramping things up.

The first couple of weeks I wasn't allowed to do anything, just to let the wound heal, so that drove me crazy, but now, I can start jogging whenever I feel comfortable, so I think we're looking at early next week for that, which is fantastic.

A the moment, I'm working on strengthening my glutes and working on my core stability, just keeping all my muscles switched on – my calves, my quads (which waste away very quickly when you're not moving for a few weeks), my hamstrings.

Pilates and yoga are right out, because we don't want to stretch out and put pressure on the repair, but the bad news is that the pool looms. Coming from Tasmania, swimming's not something you do too much of, but as long as it helps me keep my fitness up, I guess I'll have to do it.

Game days are still tough. I try to avoid the coach's box, because I'm not real good in there. I'll be just sitting back watching, concentrating on the forward line, because that's an area I reckon I can pass on a bit of expertise. I'll try to see what's happening in the forward line and try and help out any of the boys in any way that I can.

I understand where Gary Ablett is coming from when he says he goes home and just listens to it on the radio. You never want to watch, and it's very frustrating. But I've had enough injuries now to know that you've got to get along to the games, and try to help out whichever way you can. Just being there and supporting your teammates is pretty important.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/77245/default.aspx