Author Topic: Team sheet: Rich v Port, and future team structure  (Read 2406 times)

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Team sheet: Rich v Port, and future team structure
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 04:27:27 PM »
If Daniel Jackson wins the B&F then the rest of the playing group should be ashamed of themselves.
No offence to Daniel but he is a honest toiler who along with Tuck and White should be traded for draft picks. Maybe a good showing might increase his value. 

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 04:29:28 PM »
I agree with what you and Popelord are proposing. I also think we should get rid of the majority of the players over 26 but disagree that every one of them should go. Cousins and Richo are the only players I would keep but given their injury woes and a new coach coming in they may be given their marching orders regardless of what the Richmond faithful desire.

I don't think financially we'd be able to cut all 6 senior players as we still need to pay 92.5% of the TPP and cutting those 6 would probably be taking up around 20-25% of the TPP by themselves. We'd need to front load everyone else's contracts to be able to get to the minimum amount.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 04:33:22 PM »
Outs: Anyone who cant use the footy which is most of the team: plus Rance (Inj)
In Morton, Vickery, Post, Connors, Cotchin, Pattison, Hughes

Offline gtig

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 06:45:06 PM »
I don't think financially we'd be able to cut all 6 senior players as we still need to pay 92.5% of the TPP and cutting those 6 would probably be taking up around 20-25% of the TPP by themselves. We'd need to front load everyone else's contracts to be able to get to the minimum amount.
that's interesting Infamy. Perhaps we need to load in some options into the player's salary packages, that pay off dependent on ladder position, b&f ranking, that sort of thing. If the total payout to the group was right, you'd be able to reach the cap with big performance based bonus incentives that the players would have to play for. I assume performance bonuses are part of packages now?

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 06:55:31 PM »
There are already bonus structures in place at all clubs
They are usually determined by # of games played in the year, B&F ranking, All Australian selection, Brownlow, etc, etc, etc

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 08:11:50 PM »
I agree with what you and Popelord are proposing. I also think we should get rid of the majority of the players over 26 but disagree that every one of them should go. Cousins and Richo are the only players I would keep but given their injury woes and a new coach coming in they may be given their marching orders regardless of what the Richmond faithful desire.

Very interesting Infamy. You wouldn'y want to increase a young players salary too quickly as this would impact heavily later as the young players come on but perhaps you could get around it using the incentive based 'wages' like pmac has suggested. I wouldn't want to keep senior players on the list just for financial reasons particularly if they are holding back the progress of the club and list.

Stripes

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 10:21:16 PM »

Very interesting Infamy. You wouldn'y want to increase a young players salary too quickly as this would impact heavily later as the young players come on but perhaps you could get around it using the incentive based 'wages' like pmac has suggested. I wouldn't want to keep senior players on the list just for financial reasons particularly if they are holding back the progress of the club and list.

Stripes

If we finish on the bottom and have a lots of room in the cap = a good player in the pre season draft!

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 10:23:55 PM »
But I dont belive all the senior players should go as they are better than some thers who just wont make it or have run their race at this point in time.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 10:38:15 PM »
It's not just the financial side, I really think it's too big a change in one year to cut 6 senior players plus some of the kids. I think Richo and Cousins should stay, they can still both offer plenty on gameday and show the youngsters how to gut run.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 09:22:18 AM »

Agree with the outs but dont think the Ins will help a great deal (apart from Cotch).

Pattison Not the best user of the ball
Morton/Connors  Can be selfish in their use of the ball
Post      Needs to work on disposal
Hughes  Doesnt get the ball
Vickery  Needs to develop/Form up and down at VFL

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 05:02:27 PM »

Agree with the outs but dont think the Ins will help a great deal (apart from Cotch).

Pattison Not the best user of the ball
Morton/Connors  Can be selfish in their use of the ball
Post      Needs to work on disposal
Hughes  Doesnt get the ball
Vickery  Needs to develop/Form up and down at VFL

Morton - has more up side than down side, only 22 yoa. keep in side
Connors - might be selfish, but is class. Give him a chance!
Post - at least he is tall. would be worth a punt at FF or in a back pocket
Vickery - would be worth a run in the goal square. At worst forward target and could do forward line rucking.

Last two would be better options than bloody Morton or Bowden FF/CHF  :P