Author Topic: Terry vs Mike - Wed 6.30pm on 3aw  (Read 3950 times)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Terry vs Mike - Wed 6.30pm on 3aw
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 09:05:30 PM »
Well done Terry at least you still hold your head.

You insipid effers that call yourself supporters that still bag this person we call our coach..... thats right he is still a person...... you have the brains of fooled fleas. This club is better of keeping Wallace and peeing off un-supporters like you.
Out of all this some of us do forget that TW is a person, with feelings and yes he is in it for himself! Just like the rest of us are in this world! Terry, on the suface that we see in the media is not really my cup of tea, but i respect him as a person enough not to call him things like "solarium"!Good post WAT, stick to it like some others through thick and thin, or in our case, thin and thin :whistle

Moi

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 09:08:32 PM »
Unlike some, he is all class  :thumbsup
Very good interview and doesn't change my opinion of him

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 09:15:01 PM »
who is on the Richmond 'board'???

or who is in charge of the coaching etc decisions???

Moi

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 09:28:27 PM »

Tony Free

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 09:35:38 PM »

That took some balls - good on him.

Full credit to Terry...being on 3AW was probably the last thing he wanted to do ATM....I guess its my nature but I cant help feeling sorry for him.
Unleash the tornado

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 09:42:05 PM »

Tony Free

just Tony Free???

Moi

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 09:54:21 PM »
However if the club said they can't go on like this and the players said they wanted to change then he'll accept that. He'll do what's best for the RFC not himself.
This is what stood out for me.  As I said, all class.
He's laid it out on the table where he stands.
He's also saying, in a roundabout way, for the club to say to him, hey Terry, it's not working any more, we have to let you go.
Almost sounds like he's resigned to the fact of what might happen.
He'll continue on with what he's doing until otherwise directed.  So it's really up to the club, not him to walk away.  He's learned from his mistakes at the Bulldogs and he's just fulfilling his obligations he made to us.
Must be pretty tough on him at the moment, but he's handling the pressure well IMO.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 09:55:43 PM »
Well done Terry at least you still hold your head.

You insipid effers that call yourself supporters that still bag this person we call our coach..... thats right he is still a person...... you have the brains of fooled fleas. This club is better of keeping Wallace and peeing off un-supporters like you.
WA Wanker Tiger,
Hows about getting off your soapbox for a minute, it's getting really boring and you are starting to sound like a FLOG!
People are upset with the way the season/s have turn out with your mate Terry coaching us, you may think he has done a good job but facts probably don't suggest that! Let people have their say without your pathetic insults. And cut the crap about Terry being a person, he took on the job and now he has to face HIS music.
Grow up!!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2009, 10:03:35 PM »
It's a pity that Terry didn't get to answer that last caller's question about the slow and sideways ball movement. He seemed to be squirming in his seat a bit as that question was asked. It'd be pretty re-assuring for Tiger fans if Terry could have promised us that they'd at least TRY to play a more direct brand of footy.I'd love to think that we could rock up in future and not have to put up with the type of confused and indirect rubbish that they served up in the 2nd half of the Brisbane game
I think he did answer the question, he said that Brisbania was dominating so they threw extra numbers behind the footy. I feel for the bloke, this is such a cut throat game :-\ :'(

why???

500k a year im sure he will survive post football.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 10:09:41 PM »
bye bye Terry Ports your last gig  ;D

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 10:18:01 PM »
i dont think there are too many that bare TW any malice...however we're all bloody stakeholders in this great club and to see it meander aimlessly thru another season hurtzzzzzz it's for the betterment of the club that he lets go and allows someone with a different view to take hold and continue to progress this group of players coz since the first shot in anger was firewd in FEB we have gone backwards :gotigers
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Moi

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2009, 10:29:51 PM »
i dont think there are too many that bare TW any malice

:o

:rollin

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 03:17:53 AM »
Perhaps he should consider politics after football in the wake of that performance.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Terry Wallace 'won't walk' on Richmond Tigers (Australian)
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 05:35:58 AM »
Terry Wallace 'won't walk' on Richmond Tigers
Courtney Walsh | May 14, 2009

EMBATTLED Richmond coach Terry Wallace last night said he wanted to coach out the season amid speculation his career at the Tigers will end within a fortnight.

Wallace, who acknowledged pre-season that Richmond needed to play finals in 2009 for him to retain his job, reiterated that he had no intention to leave the Tigers despite their disastrous start to the year.

He said a reason driving his desire to remain at Punt Rd until September was his controversial decision to abandon the Bulldogs coaching job with a match still to be played in 2001.

At the time, it was widely held he was positioning himself for the vacant Sydney spot eventually won by Paul Roos, though Wallace has denied that.

"I am committed, from my point of view, to coach out the year," Wallace said.

"There are many reasons why. You have a group of players that you start the season with ... and I would not expect any of those to (finish the season now).

"I had a really unfortunate finale at the Western Bulldogs ... and it cut me really deeply."

Wallace last night revealed he had made a special request to address a meeting of the club's board next week.

But he denied he wanted clarification about his future.

"They have made it clear to me that I am coaching and carrying on," he told Melbourne radio.

"Nothing has changed. There is a monthly board meeting (and) I just thought that the time was right for the board to see that I am still at the top of my game ... and to know where things are at."

The Tigers board declared three weeks ago it would make no decision about Wallace until the completion of an internal football club review, due at the end of next month.

Since then, Richmond posted its only win for the season against North Melbourne, were competitive against Sydney despite the potentially season-ending injury to Matthew Richardson early in the match, and then were dominant for a period against the Lions before falling away.

Wallace said he had canvassed his players to see whether he retained their support ahead of Sunday's match with Port Adelaide at AAMI Stadium.

He was confident that was the case but said if that changed, he would walk.

"At any stage, if they came to me and said it is too hard for us ... or the playing group came to me and said we need a refresher, I would do what was right for the Richmond football club, not for me," he said,

Despite the pending demise of his tenure at the club, Wallace is confident the Tigers will reach their best form in the next month.

Outstanding youngster Trent Cotchin is likely to play his first match this year against the Power, with promising defender Andrew Raines and veteran forward Nathan Brown also in consideration.

"I think over the next month, we have a real chance to reach (our best)," he said. "If it is too late for me, that is fine."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25475789-2722,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Terry Wallace plans to see out Richmond contract (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2009, 05:37:07 AM »
Terry Wallace plans to see out Richmond contract
Jon Ralph | May 14, 2009

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace last night pledged to see out the rest of his contract.

Wallace vehemently denied claims the club had already decided he would be sacked, and revealed he had volunteered to front a board meeting next Tuesday.

He said president Gary March told him he would continue to coach on this year, saying he could lead the Tigers out of their dark hole.

But Wallace said if he was sacked by the Tigers or told he should stand aside for a caretaker, he would go without a fight.

He said he believed he would be coaching Richmond until the end of the season.

"Yeah, I do," Wallace said when questioned by Herald Sun chief football writer Mike Sheahan.

"But if the Richmond Football Club came to me and said, 'It's all too hard for us', and said, 'We need a refresher (or replacement)', I would do what was right for Richmond, not what is right for me. There won't be a war, there won't be a battle."

Wallace revealed for the first time his pain over his acrimonious departure from the Western Bulldogs.

In 2002 Wallace was happy to coach out the season after telling the club of his decision to leave, but was eventually pushed aside for Round 22 by president David Smorgon.

Wallace told 3AW he was determined not to play out that scenario again.

"I had a really unfortunate finish at the Western Bulldogs and it cut a lot of Bulldogs people deeply and it cut me very deeply," he said.

"If I did it again I would do if very differently. If you don't learn from mistakes, you are going down a bad path."

Wallace will speak before Richmond's board on Tuesday, but said he raised the idea.

"I asked. I just thought the timing was right for me to sit down with them and for them to see that I am on top of my game and OK, and comfortable with where things are at. I don't accept it being my last year. From where I sit I have to continue to do my job. The season is still on.

"(Richmond) have made it clear to me that I am coaching and continuing on. Craig Cameron has made that clear publicly."

Wallace said reports the club had "unofficially" decided to sack him were wrong. "I don't know where (they) get their information from. From the club president down it's not the information that's been given to me," he said.

Wallace was ambushed by a Channel 9 reporter on Tuesday and asked if he had lost the passion to coach.

He felt it was a cheap shot, after agreeing to provide a sound bite.

"I stepped out and said, 'If you want to get (shots of) us, you have to get here earlier than 7.15am'. They asked me if I would go on air and say it was business as usual. I said, 'I don't have to do it', but I was willing to do that because at least Nine would have their grab and could get onto the next story.

"I did that and they threw in the extra question, which I thought was disrespectful."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25476349-19742,00.html