Author Topic: Campbell would be mad to coach Richmond: Jewell  (Read 2017 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Campbell would be mad to coach Richmond: Jewell
« on: May 19, 2009, 05:12:27 PM »
Francis and Ox interviewed Tony Jewell just before 5pm. TJ said we have the worst list in the comp and are nowhere near a flag in the next 5 years so the club needs to decide whether it wants a teaching/development coach or a coach expected to win a premiership. Cambo would be mad to take the job on now. Why should he ruin his reputation and future coaching career.

Jackstar is back

Re: Campbell would be mad to coach Richmond: Jewell
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 05:15:28 PM »
Will tell you all this. no one wants the position as TJ is correct.. Thanks Terry for agreat job you have done at rebuilding the list and even a better job at developing the players ::)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 05:16:14 PM »
Francis and Ox interviewed Tony Jewell just before 5pm. TJ said we have the worst list in the comp and are nowhere near a flag in the next 5 years so the club needs to decide whether it wants a teaching/development coach or a coach expected to win a premiership. Cambo would be mad to take the job on now. Why should he ruin his reputation and future coaching career.

Pretty disappointing stuff from an old tiger. An opinion is an opinion, but that sort of slander is just uncalled for. How true it may be what does Tony gain from saying that nothing.

Another stupid comment to come out of a mouth further digging the hole at Tigerland.
Go Tigers!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 06:08:16 PM »
Typical media response  :sleep. Get the old foggies and nuffers in when they can't get anyone from this century or from the club itself. Next they'll get Spud to comment ::).

If no one wants to coach us it won't be because of our list. It'll because of all this off-field garbage ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar is back

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 06:13:20 PM »
Tell you something Mightytiges, TJ is a great richmond person who loves the club.
Tony only stated a fact

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 06:30:27 PM »
Tell you something Mightytiges, TJ is a great richmond person who loves the club.
Tony only stated a fact

Funny way of showing how much you love the club.
I can give you a million examples where the truth is NOT stated to the media to avoid angst.
In fact, there is a simple technique call "bridging" to help avoid directly answering questions and be dragged into controversy.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 07:00:11 PM »
Tony only stated a fact
He use to be on the Board on the football subcommittee and even the members voted him out because father time had passed him by. It's not the 60s/70s/80s anymore  :sleep and as bj said getting on the radio bagging the club is a strange way to show your love for it.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »
That is all these so called Richmond "ledgends" seem to do these days is bag the poo out of this club when the chips are down. Perhaps we would have a better culture if these people left our club in a better condition in the first place.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 07:36:55 PM »
O.K. After todays events and all of the inuendo and chest pumping going on around here about how ex-Richmond people should be acting atm consider this.

What would G.R. be thinking right now ? I'll tell you what he would want to grab every member of the Board, Coaching staff, Admin, Playing Group, Members, Supporters, Ex - Players, basically anyone who claim to be anything minutely Richmond by the bloody scruff of the neck and bang their heads together, whilst screaming in their ears " Wake up to your bloodyself !! We are Richmond !!! "

Grow some balls everyone Richmond young and old.
And the rest can get stuffed !!!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 07:39:59 PM »
Tony only stated a fact

I am sure he does Jack.

However, sometimes it is best (and there seems to be alot of people unable to comprehend this) to just SHUT UP and say nothing.

Making comments true, false or indifferent just doesn't help

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 09:37:57 PM »
Tony only stated a fact

let me tell you something partner, once the job is open there will be a queue from Punt rd to Flinders to for the gig ..the only two that would decline interest would be Hird and Buckley, open slather for the rest bar none ...how many senior jobs are there ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 01:12:12 PM »
If no one wants to coach us it won't be because of our list. It'll because of all this off-field garbage ::).

I'm pretty sure Gary Ayres would still be available  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 02:50:33 PM »
O.K. After todays events and all of the inuendo and chest pumping going on around here about how ex-Richmond people should be acting atm consider this.

What would G.R. be thinking right now ? I'll tell you what he would want to grab every member of the Board, Coaching staff, Admin, Playing Group, Members, Supporters, Ex - Players, basically anyone who claim to be anything minutely Richmond by the bloody scruff of the neck and bang their heads together, whilst screaming in their ears " Wake up to your bloodyself !! We are Richmond !!! "

Grow some balls everyone Richmond young and old.
And the rest can get stuffed !!!

....and GR would go out and buy the best players he wanted from other clubs and playing in different states....but of course that was when there was no draft, not trade period, no salary cap, no real rules. We are in a different era and have only just started to realize it....another supporter and culture problem!

Stripes

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »
Just out of curiousity does anyone know the last time a coach of the RFC has gone onto another coaching role and enterained success or retired from coaching the RFC with their coaching reputation/credibility intact and thought highly of in general by tiger fans.

Does it go back all the way to Jack Dyer?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 04:37:12 PM »
Tommy Hafey?

He's always been repsected by tiger fans IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)