Author Topic: Terry Wallace told Mitch Morton `You've cost me my job' (Herald-Sun)  (Read 3337 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Terry Wallace told Mitch Morton `You've cost me my job' (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 02:33:50 AM »
It's an AFL footy club. It's big business. Professional (supposedly  ::) ) careers are on line all over the place and things are said in the heat of the moment all the time which don't need to be said especially straight after a bad loss like on Sunday. This should've been sorted out in house behind closed doors in the light of day when everyone had cooled off. But nup not a Richmond  :banghead. It's leaked out into the media that we have a coach who lost his cool at a player and a playing group that are soft sooky la las because they don't like being yelled out after stuffing up and grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory once again. God help the RFC  :help.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 07:37:35 AM »
Loose lips sink ships  :-\. We know who the worst leakers are too:whistle

We are way too media friendly for mine as well. We act out every decision the club makes in a media conference. We even seem to hold media conferences to tell them we are going to do something and hold a later media conference to say how we did it. It would be nice for a change that the club just shut up and leave out making midseason decisions  :banghead.
Most sensible thing I've read in days.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 07:56:51 AM »
How do we know this is true, as far i can read the operative word was "believe". Sorry guys im skeptical after yesterdays stunt. By the way, why not put the blame on some players? They are the ones in control

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 08:04:15 AM »
How do we know this is true, as far i can read the operative word was "believe". Sorry guys im skeptical after yesterdays stunt. By the way, why not put the blame on some players? They are the ones in control

of course everyone is to be blame bar your beloved Wallace.

The players have had enough of his game plan and on field crap. The tip of the iceberg was his spray

The writing was on the wall after the Geelong smashing, we all just fell for it yet again.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 08:20:13 AM »
 ;D l mentioned about Morton in another thread.
l'm backing Wallace on this one as Morton is not doing the team things. expect him dropped this week. Rewoldt in  ;D
Richmond should never have lost that game in those conditions but thats football this year, The tigers aint the only club suffering these loses.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 08:26:00 AM »
;D l mentioned about Morton in another thread.
l'm backing Wallace on this one as Morton is not doing the team things. expect him dropped this week. Rewoldt in  ;D
Richmond should never have lost that game in those conditions but thats football this year, The tigers aint the only club suffering these loses.

Sorry TM but i dont believe that for a second

how about the game plan, recruiting, playing players like Schulz and mcmahon. Of course that had nothing to do with his demise.

TM this was not the fault of Morton on this occasion. Our players have been playing like this for 5 years and only NOW he deicdes to instill some hard team disciplines.

GIVE ME A stuffin BREAK.

HE MADE HIS BED NOW HE HAS TO LIE IN IT
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 08:41:47 AM »
Daneil son  ;D who are Shulzs & McMahon  ;D

Morton was not the cost of the game but his not obeying the team rules thats what l'm pointing out & have done on another thread l bumped
There was more to Mortons game that he had caught Wallace attention
We lost the game because we should have manned them up,  instead we left them open to move the ball quicker & down the corridor is punishable
Tredrea is the reason we lost also as his in superform & Bowden being the 3rd opponant on him keeping him quite while we got ourselves back into the game was a good effort against a powerful man. Tredrea pushed Bowden in the dying moments to get that ball which should have been a resulting free kick to us. How many times has Richo been pinged for such actions
Rewoldt was run down against Sydney which was a free kick to them,  but we did the same action against Port & the result from the umpire was not the same umpiring result, Why is that ? l beleive the umpires have a huge impact on Richmond games this year alone

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 08:55:56 AM »

The writing was on the wall after the Geelong smashing, we all just fell for it yet again.

Geelong smashing? the one 3 years ago

This year Geelong beat us by 20 or so points

Daniel, if you are going to rant some FACTS would be appreciated  ;D :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 09:15:45 AM »
Sorry TM but i dont believe that for a second

how about the game plan, recruiting, playing players like Schulz and mcmahon. Of course that had nothing to do with his demise.
Considering neither Schulz nor McMahon played against Port I'm not sure what they had to do with it, McMahon has barely played seniors this year and Schulz has been in and out all year.

The coaching of the side got us into a winning position against Port after a pretty large defecit earlier on, so the game plan can't be that bad. It was the players stupidity that lost the game in the dying minutes. There's not anything a coach can do to change the game with 90 seconds to go, the players need to take some initiative to do the right things, things they should know from playing the game as a 10 year old.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 09:23:21 AM »
It still should have stayed behind closed doors - how did the media find out about it  :banghead

There would be 22+ ways I can think of that it got leaked.

Players get home, speak to parents/friends, and it snowballs from there.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 09:43:09 AM »
Players need to HTFU. Geez, if they're worried about what the coach says in the heat of the moment after a game that we had on toast, then they should take up tennis or golf.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 09:44:08 AM »
It still should have stayed behind closed doors - how did the media find out about it  :banghead

There would be 22+ ways I can think of that it got leaked.

Players get home, speak to parents/friends, and it snowballs from there.

Understand all that wayne

But Robbo said at least twice (it may have been 3 times) on SEN yesterday that he heard things from a senior person inside the club... that doesn't sound like player's families etc to me

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 09:47:31 AM »

Understand all that wayne

But Robbo said at least twice (it may have been 3 times) on SEN yesterday that he heard things from a senior person inside the club... that doesn't sound like player's families etc to me

I missed that bit.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 10:52:39 AM »
Players need to HTFU. Geez, if they're worried about what the coach says in the heat of the moment after a game that we had on toast, then they should take up tennis or golf.

If they get a new coach he wont be powdering their bums and tucking them in at night if that's what they want.
Easy to blame the coach - The players on the field lost the game we should have won simple as that.

In any business, when there is pressure on as there is at Richmond things are going to be said in the heat of the moment.
Bet it never has happened at any other club  ::)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 11:11:30 AM »
I've captained a side before and I honestly believe Newmans intentinos were correct.

Player/Coach relationship is so important.

Everyone knows that Wallace isn't going to be here next year. What does the group gain from working under Terry for a pointless few weeks. Newman has seen that his team mates are suffering. Let them suffer under next years coach.

It doesn't look perfect but all I see is that Chris is trying to mend the relationship and the most obvious way is to inject the new coach sooner rather than later. Its obvious Terry wont leave to make him self look better than he did when he quit the Bulldogs. For mine Newman just pointed out the elephant in the room. As a leader it's what I woudl have done.

From the board point of view I think they also did the right thing by saying that "Hey we run thr club, we'll decide when he goes."

Hopefully that is after the review in 3 weeks. = Perfect scenario
Go Tigers!