Author Topic: There's a hole in Punt Rd Oval  (Read 670 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
There's a hole in Punt Rd Oval
« on: May 20, 2009, 07:16:33 PM »
Ch 10 news showed workmen drilling a hole into the oval at Punt Rd. Does anyone here know what that was all about? Has the redevelopment started?

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
Re: There's a hole in Punt Rd Oval
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 07:22:10 PM »
A core sample maybe ??

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 07:53:32 PM »
A core sample maybe ??
Apparantly the workmen were not told that Terry survived and continued to dig his grave for him! Terry wants to be buried at Punt Rd oval just to prove to Tigertime, Jack and Daniel that he will never leave the place!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 08:44:31 PM »
A core sample maybe ??
Apparantly the workmen were not told that Terry survived and continued to dig his grave for him! Terry wants to be buried at Punt Rd oval just to prove to Tigertime, Jack and Daniel that he will never leave the place!

I thought the hole was dug as it symbolises the public toilet that the RFC is with all the leaks and the poo that is eminating from there. RFC one big open transparent public toilet. Just drop your dacks and leave your mark. Skid mark in the hole that is.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 09:02:10 PM »
A core sample maybe ??

I thought the hole was dug as it symbolises the public toilet that the RFC is with all the leaks and the poo that is eminating from there. RFC one big open transparent public toilet. Just drop your dacks and leave your mark. Skid mark in the hole that is.
True Tucky, and when it is full it will symbolise our season; deep poo!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 09:12:28 PM »
Ch 10 news showed workmen drilling a hole into the oval at Punt Rd. Does anyone here know what that was all about? Has the redevelopment started?

You will find it has something to do with the re-surfacing/re-configuring of Punt Road which includes major works to drought proof it (drainage etc)

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)