Author Topic: Changes for next week against Freo?  (Read 2135 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Changes for next week against Freo?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 09:30:29 AM »
Thank you 1965 :cheers
I need some advice though.
I take my 6yo daughter each week, and she came home crying last night.
She went straight to bed wearing her RFC jumper, she was so upset, dont think I can take her anymore.

my lad said cant watch this anymore its too painful / his a teen,  Hope Saints or Hawthorn draft me
looking at the screen at times thier were many kids crying
Richmond players should be ashamed of themselves
me l had enough also. wont be going to anymore games or bother watching them
l can find out the way thier going by my mobile phone constantly going off with messages Richmond are poo
worst one was cant wait for them to come over here next week,  are you coming over or hiding. phone went off

bushranger

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 09:36:05 AM »
Tigermonk I hope your son gets what he is after.
I turned my phone off in the 2nd quarter as I could see last week all over again.
Whipping boy we are now. Other teams will use us to try things out on as we stand no chance of winning.
It is time to rip up all contracts and place them all on a performance pay. No kicks or what ever little to no money.
I think this might spur a few on, as there are some just take money for nothing.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2009, 04:43:28 PM »
In: Tank
Out: Hope

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2009, 09:14:26 PM »
In: Tank
Out: Hope

Very good, your not on your own with that thinking.

Let give two or three of the kids a go who havn't played before just for the hell of it. They mighten even  get a kick but they will get a feel of the level they have to reach.

Also why do all other clubs play their first year players and we dont?

Edited to crrect quote
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 09:59:00 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2009, 09:37:16 PM »
Out: Cogs (suspended), Raines and Connors and one more not sure who.

In: Gus, Cuz, Riewoldt and Gourdis
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2009, 10:02:56 PM »
Outs:
Cogs (suspended for his own good and ours  ;D),
Raines (can't hit a target 15 metres away),
Simmonds (sorry Troy times up),
Connors (why was he there exactly - team sport kid),
Pattison

Ins: Cousins, Graham, Reiwoldt, Vickery, Thomson
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2009, 10:56:28 PM »
Outs

Raines   summed up perfectly by others. Disposal deficient and can't hit a target.

Simmonds   Guy has the aggression off field to milk deadly snakes and the discipline to be a master in martial arts yet somehow plays footy like he is wearing a tutu with his footy jumper. Time is up for this brontosaurus and if last weks events did not prove it then after his game on Saturday he must never play for the RFC again.

Connors.  Very very selfish game of AFL footy. Of all his senior games was the worst of the lot.

Pattison  Too slow and cumbersome at this level. Is an honest trier but that's about it.

Bowden   Too slow and too predictable. Time to euthanase him at this level for good send him to Coburg and give his spot to a kid. To those who will say he has leadership I agree with you to a point........ but there is so little of it out there in the current playing environment that him being out there won't make much difference.

Cogs Whether he gets rubbed out or not that incident in the 2nd quarter with us 22 up where we broke upfield and Cogs marked on the 50 with two players inside 50 on their own only for Cogs to hesitate have his kick smothered and the Bombers go up the other end to reduce the margin back to 16 encapsulates us and our deficiencies as a footy club to a tea. Sorry Cogs but you should have got rid of that ball 20 seconds earlier. That was faaken poo.

In

Cousins (Hometown Return) Oh Geez we are in the news again. What a club we are 1-8 and we are in the news again with lots of hype and fuss.
Riewoldt
Hislop
Thompson
Vickery
Graham

I would also like to see either Rance in also if fit or Thursfield if Alex isn't. Terry needs to make at least 7 changes.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 03:35:37 AM »
out:

Simmonds
Raines
Bowden
Pettifer
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 03:51:41 AM by Bentleigh-esque »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 07:14:55 AM »
Cogs Whether he gets rubbed out or not that incident in the 2nd quarter with us 22 up where we broke upfield and Cogs marked on the 50 with two players inside 50 on their own only for Cogs to hesitate have his kick smothered and the Bombers go up the other end to reduce the margin back to 16 encapsulates us and our deficiencies as a footy club to a tea. Sorry Cogs but you should have got rid of that ball 20 seconds earlier. That was faaken poo.

Arghhh Tucker...thanks for reminding me of that gem  :'(

Defining moment in the game to be honest - COSTLY

And I forgot about Rance - if he his fit to go then he is an automatic IN - to replace Joel

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 07:47:49 AM »
Thank you 1965 :cheers
I need some advice though.
I take my 6yo daughter each week, and she came home crying last night.
She went straight to bed wearing her RFC jumper, she was so upset, dont think I can take her anymore.

Was it her that sen where talking about jack??
was she crying during the third quarter.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cousins to make Subiaco return (RFC)
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 05:54:25 PM »
Cousins to make Subiaco return
richmondfc.com.au
By Mic Cullen 12:09 PM Wed 27 May, 2009

RICHMOND midfielder Ben Cousins is set to return to Subiaco Oval this weekend, less than a fortnight after breaking his hand in Adelaide.

Cousins suffered the injury early in the first term of the Tigers’ heartbreaking last-gasp loss to Port Adelaide in round eight, but still managed to gather 24 touches in a brave and eye-catching performance.

If passed fit, it will be Cousins' first appearance at Subiaco Oval – the ground where he appeared 110 times for West Coast in a decorated career that saw a flag, a Brownlow and four club champion awards – since his sacking from the Eagles in late 2007.

Richmond football manager Ross Monaghan told afl.com.au that Cousins was recovering nicely.

"He did what was required, so he's progressing well," Monaghan said.

"We'll make a final decision on Thursday when we train properly, but all indications are that he should be okay, but a firm decision hasn't been made yet."

In more good news, Alex Rance will play this weekend, just three weeks after his sickening head-on collision – likened by coach Terry Wallace to a "car crash" – with Lion Troy Selwood, which saw him spend the night in hospital with concussion after being operated on to have various plates inserted in his head.

"He's good – he'll play this weekend," Monaghan said.

"I don’t know with which team it will be, yet, but as long as he gets through all the training on Thursday, he'll be fine."

Emerging ruckman Angus Graham missed last weekend with hamstring tightness and the Tigers are less enthusiastic about his chances of getting up for this weekend, while Shane Edwards' speed would be a considerable asset at Subiaco.

Coburg, Richmond's VFL affiliate, had a strong win over the Bendigo Bombers on the weekend, and Monaghan said several players had put their hands up for promotion back in to the AFL.

"Jack Riewoldt has kicked six, two weeks in a row, so he's found some pretty good form,” Monaghan said.

"Shane has been up and down between the Richmond and Coburg sides, but he's another one who will certainly come under consideration."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/77663/default.aspx

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 10:22:32 PM »

I would also like to see either Rance in also if fit or Thursfield if Alex isn't. Terry needs to make at least 7 changes.

yep that episode by cogs has kept me awake at night was bloody horrible and I sincerely hope he improves on that or he may be a way off another contract...sounds like rance is available...pencil him back in for raines or Polo :thumbsup and vickery wont come in if gus is fit...never know though simmo was USELESS so vickers couldnt be any worse :-\
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 10:29:40 PM »
Out:

Pettifer, Simmonds, Connors, Bowden, Tuck

In:

Cousins, Graham, Reiwoldt, Rance, Thursfield

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2009, 10:29:48 AM »
Cryptic comment from the coach in EOTT this week - something about someone who had a reasonable game last week will miss out because we need to have a running team ......

Sounds like Edwards and/or McMahon in .... and a couple of non-runners out.  Cogs??  Connors??

Seems like Petts, Brown and Morton are safe by his words......

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2009, 10:51:52 AM »
Cryptic comment from the coach in EOTT this week - something about someone who had a reasonable game last week will miss out because we need to have a running team ......

Sounds like Edwards and/or McMahon in .... and a couple of non-runners out.  Cogs??  Connors??

Seems like Petts, Brown and Morton are safe by his words......

does it matter what terry thinks? is he selecting the team? seems he has lost power to me