Author Topic: Essendon and Richmond don't deserve blockbuster tag: Andrew Bews (Geelong Addy)  (Read 3493 times)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
this country is full of lies , like many countries, and australian history books should be re-written
Haha! Yeah, rewritten to suit your opinion.   :wallywink

so the afl are a bunch of dumbbehinds for recognising moyston as the birth place of aussie rules. lmao
Moyston recognised Moyston, not the AFL. The AFL recognises Tom Wills and the game between Scotch College and Melbourne Grammar.
http://www.afl.com.au/AFLHQ/History/tabid/967/Default.aspx

tom wills derived the game from what he observed aboriginals playing, what part of that dont you understand.

yes the game with the rules as we play it today he developed, aboriginals for example never played on an oval and had no boundaries as such.

do your research a bit better as you well know that the history books do not always put in the facts

the poms say they invented soccar, but they got the idea from watching romans kick a decapitated head out of a village b/w 2 teams, sure then were brutal, but from that soccer/football was born

peoople always get ideas from elsewhere and then manufacture something else

aussie rules how its played now was designed by tom wills, but he derived it from a game the aboriginals played, it cant be explained simpler than that

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame

So my half truth's are where again?  And as for opinions, we all have them but if you do your research then I challenge you to find one thing I have stated above as incorrect.

And if I sound like I have jumped on a soapbox then it's probably because I have pretty strong ties to all this and I take uninformed comments like that quite personally.

Well based on a lifetime of teaching and researching Australian History we must agree to differ.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
73,000 Bewsy between 8th vs 15th. Someone's jealous  :wallywink. If you want Geelong to play in front of big crowds then get them to leave that chicken pen they play in  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame

So my half truth's are where again?  And as for opinions, we all have them but if you do your research then I challenge you to find one thing I have stated above as incorrect.

And if I sound like I have jumped on a soapbox then it's probably because I have pretty strong ties to all this and I take uninformed comments like that quite personally.

Well based on a lifetime of teaching and researching Australian History we must agree to differ.

Yep, as a returned serviceman myself and the son of a Vietnam Veteran and the 4th generation of a family with military service in both world wars I think we will have to.  Did all my schooling through the Vietnam years, missed the conscription lottery by 2 years, so I'm not exactly speaking third hand on a lot of this.  Funny coincidence - I'm writing this from a motel in Wagga - my son marches out of Kapooka tomorrow morning.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
I am all for celebratory rounds but I don't think certain clubs should be able to monopolies games (ala Dreamtime, Anzac etc).