Author Topic: Richo on SEN  (Read 629 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richo on SEN
« on: June 03, 2009, 02:10:53 PM »
Here is the audio link of Richo's interview with Watson and Maher on SEN this morning

http://www.sportsentral.com/pro/main/storyreader.aspx?sid=11918&sr=all

Richo: It's not that bad
03-06-2009
By Jacqui Reed

Richmond veteran Matthew Richardson believes that the Tigers could be enjoying finals success within the next three years.

Off the field, Richmond is in limbo while club officials decide who will replace sacked coach Terry Wallace.

On the field, the Tigers have been disappointing, languishing near the bottom of the ladder with just two wins for the season so far.

But despite the turbulence of this season, Richardson has reassured fans that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and the future at Tigerland is not as bleak as some would think.

Narrow losses have soured the year for the club; Richardson saying all it takes is a bit of luck, and the club can turn things around quickly.

Drawing from their strong finish last season, where they won nine of their last eleven matches, the 34 year old says nothing is impossible.

Speaking to SEN's 'Morning Glory', Richardson insisted finals glory is in their short term future, and that he desperately wants to be around to enjoy it.

"There is no doubt that my time is starting to come to an end," Richardson said.

"I'm as desperate for success as anyone."

"I genuinely believe that we are better than a two and eight team."

"I don't think it's as far away as people believe."

"It only takes a few things to go your way, and your playing finals footy."

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond will threaten in 2-3 years - Richardson (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 02:13:09 PM »
Richmond will threaten in 2-3 years - Richardson
Finn Bradshaw | June 03, 2009

MATTHEW Richardson believes Richmond is only a few years away from becoming a contender for the flag.

The Tigers currently sit second last on the ladder with just two wins from 10 games, but the Richmond veteran doesn’t believe that’s an accurate reflection of the team’s competitiveness.

"(We can be a threat) in a two or three year window. I don't think it's as far away as people believe. We just missed finals last year. This year has been very disappointing (for Richmond) but you can throw a blanket over the competition other than two teams,” he told SEN’ radio’s breakfast program this morning.

"It only takes a few things to go your way, and you’re playing finals footy."

While the 34-year-old Richardson is coming the end of his career, he thinks the Tigers list is strong enough to become a contender sooner rather than later, even if it’s after he retires.

"There is no doubt that my time is starting to come to an end," Richardson said.

"I'm as desperate for success as anyone. (Even if) I’m not playing, it doesn’t mean I’m not going to be rapt and be a part of it if they do reach the top in the next two or three years.

“It doesn’t have to be five years away. People are underestimating our list. I genuinely believe that we are better than a two and eight team."

The 282-game veteran said the Tigers’ hierarchy had not asked for his input on choosing a caretaker coach to take over from Terry Wallace after Friday night’s match

“I think they pretty much know how (the players) feel about the assistant coaches. Craig Cameron and Gary March will make that decision … I haven’t spoken to them about that. All of the guys who are there are very good candidates."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25580550-19742,00.html

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Richo on SEN
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 03:25:32 PM »
Along with the same line of thinking and Lids 'finals not out of reach', yep I agree.

Only takes 1 or 2 to take a step bit of luck and whammy we're on the way.

Kinda goes along the lines of my previous 8 + wins theory.

If I can be the glass half full man for a second.

remaining games.

ROUND 11
FRIDAY, JUNE 5
Richmond v Western Bulldogs TD  Dount it but who knows, If we can pull one out - GAME ON

SPLIT ROUND 12
SATURDAY, JUNE 13
Richmond v West Coast TD (N) - WIN

ROUND 13
SUNDAY, JUNE 28
St Kilda v Richmond TD (T) - LOSE

ROUND 14
SATURDAY, JULY 4
Richmond v Adelaide C (N) - WIN (Line ball but here's where the X factor comes in)

ROUND 15
SATURDAY, JULY 11
Carlton v Richmond MCG   PAYBACK Biatch (As per above)

ROUND 16
SUNDAY, JULY 19
Richmond v North Melbourne MCG - WIN

ROUND 17
SUNDAY, JULY 26
Essendon v Richmond MCG - WIN - Essendon way overated - I picked Geelong 60 + LOL

ROUND 18
SUNDAY, AUGUST 2
Melbourne v Richmond MCG - WIN

ROUND 19
SUNDAY, AUGUST 9
Richmond v Sydney MCG - Nother Line baller X factor/luck game

ROUND 20
SATURDAY, AUGUST 15
Richmond v Collingwood MCG - WIN

ROUND 21
SATURDAY, AUGUST 22
Richmond v Hawthorn MCG (N) - 3 strikes ur out - we beat them last year nother X

ROUND 22
FRIDAY, AUGUST 28
West Coast v Richmond S (N) - WIN

So that's 7 WINS - 4 Line Ball - and maybe upset against Dogs  :pray

So the 7 would get us to - Oh shivers there's that Magic number again 9 wins - Just miss.
2-4 of the line ballers and it's a line baller  ;D - and maybe a fluke if you would call it that against Dogs or Aints.

Anyway I agree with Richo don't think we are that far off albeit how bad it looks at the moment.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richo on SEN
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 04:34:36 PM »
I still like to indulge in unrealistic fantasies too CUB

Richmond after round 11 2008 3 1/2 wins

If we win Friday .....3 wins after round 11

You never Know.....10-11 wins might be enough.

Im still a hopeless optomist.

Unleash the tornado