Author Topic: How will folks react if.....  (Read 5636 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: How will folks react if.....
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2009, 11:00:54 PM »
Lets not forget that we could send players off to have required opps so they recover and are cherry ripe for next year.

Could we as a rule not use the term Cherry Ripe on this website.
I'm still haunted by it and refuse to eat them today. Move on please people. :rollin

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2009, 12:13:25 AM »
Serious question

What happens if our caretaker plays all the kids and we win games?

I'll be happy if we play the kids and they TRY to win as many games as they can.

I won't be happy if the caretaker allows them to.

Last untarnished draft..we need to utilise the system.

Heaven knows we need more talent.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2009, 01:45:28 AM »
Lets not forget that we could send players off to have required opps so they recover and are cherry ripe for next year.

Where can we send them to get a lobotomy?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2009, 07:33:01 AM »
Rawlings - as Coburg/development coach will he still be around next year in either of those roles? If we were to tank then Coburg wins the VFL flag does that hurt his future coaching chances?  Yes it will, especially if we are true to our word and engage a third party to find the next coach - Slade I believe it is?  He is already largely linked to the failure of this group to 'come on' and tanking will just top his chances off nicely - not.  And honestly, can you see Coburg winning the flag?

Coburg are currently 3rd and playing great footy. Massive test this weekend against North Ballarat.

Can they win the flag? If the keep playing like they are at the minute - they are a chance.

They are definitely a show for a top 4 finish. I am not sure about the arguement about being him tied to failure as he has only been there 2 years (this is his 3rd and first in development role at the RFC).

McRae - development coach. Too early to be considered for a senior position. May head elsewhere for an assistant coaching role (GC?).  Still has aspirations.  Won't want the caretaker role if he has to tank without a guarantee.

Is any interesting one IMO - does he actually have aspirations to be senior coach? Has he actually ever said that?

Campbell - assistant coach who does have ambitions to be coach. Yeah won't touch it unless it came with a guarantee he's got the gig next year.  Correct.

There's my 3 as I said.  And I stand by my point - none of them will want the role and accept being directed to tank if it doesn't come with some sort of guarantee, and we can't guarantee anyone anything if we are publicly hanging our hat on due process and the use of an external agency.

My view is if Campbell was offered the caretake role he must take it....

Which leaves King & Royal - not sure about King

If you want to give it to someone who is absolutely NO chance for the gig in 2010 then Brian's the man ;D

For mine it's out of Campbell & Rawlings for caretaker

Full time 2010 and beyond ... that's a debate for another time  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2009, 09:06:36 AM »

Coburg are currently 3rd and playing great footy. Massive test this weekend against North Ballarat.

Can they win the flag? If the keep playing like they are at the minute - they are a chance.

They are definitely a show for a top 4 finish.

I certainly respect your opinion on this WP because you see most Coburg games and I see very few but I don't see them as good as the side that made the finals a couple of years ago and blew it.  Would love to see them win it but if we tank is their current form going to hold up?

I am not sure about the arguement about being him tied to failure as he has only been there 2 years (this is his 3rd and first in development role at the RFC).

Reality-wise no, but guilty by association yes, and in this industry it is very hard to remove sticky mud.

My view is if Campbell was offered the caretake role he must take it....

Which leaves King & Royal - not sure about King

If you want to give it to someone who is absolutely NO chance for the gig in 2010 then Brian's the man ;D

For mine it's out of Campbell & Rawlings for caretaker

Full time 2010 and beyond ... that's a debate for another time  ;D

Which brings us back to my point - unless we give the gig to King or Royal, can you honestly see any of the others accepting a caretaker role and being told to tank without a guarantee of coaching next year.  I can't.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2009, 10:47:19 AM »
I certainly respect your opinion on this WP because you see most Coburg games and I see very few but I don't see them as good as the side that made the finals a couple of years ago and blew it.  Would love to see them win it but if we tank is their current form going to hold up?

I actually see the Coburg list as being better this year than last year and as good as it was when they made a GF under Andy Collins. It is the strength of the Coburg list that will determine how hfar they go in finals as the 12/10 rule apllies

Would think if the RFC tank (which I am against) Smokey then Coburgs form will be fantastic with the players that will be there  ;D

Which brings us back to my point - unless we give the gig to King or Royal, can you honestly see any of the others accepting a caretaker role and being told to tank without a guarantee of coaching next year.  I can't.

I agree with you.....as I said Royal is the logical choice if you want to have some now who has no chance of being there in 2010
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2009, 12:43:54 PM »
Royal is off to the Gold Coast with Terry and Clayton going by KB's show.

WP I found out today at training how some supporters react when you mention you're in favour of the "T" word. I'll just say one in particular that I know didn't take too enthusiastically to the idea to say the least :rollin.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2009, 01:03:45 PM »

Would think if the RFC tank (which I am against) Smokey then Coburgs form will be fantastic with the players that will be there  ;D

I have a suspicion that if we decide to tank (and it becomes obvious to the players) then we might see a couple of mid-season retirements.  Don't know if all our vets will be as committed to the long term club goals as some have been in the past.

And I hope you are dead right about Coburg's current list - bode's well for the future.

bushranger

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2009, 02:29:25 PM »
Serious question

What happens if our caretaker plays all the kids and we win games?

This is likely to be what he is instructed to do - play the kids

But what about the wins if they happen?

And I don't mean 1 or 2 wins

I am talking about 6 or 7

So many on here want to tank but what happens if the kids get us more than 4 wins?

How will people react?

I know I will be happy with a win no matter who is on the feild.
I rather had a red hot go and lose with kids, than what we have been doing.
I hate the tanking crap 100%.