Author Topic: Wallace vs Newman on the Footy Show Thursday night  (Read 2329 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Wallace vs Newman on the Footy Show Thursday night
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 10:19:33 PM »
Richo would've enjoyed whacking Hutchy with the fold up seat lol
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 10:37:33 PM »
yaaaaaawn
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 10:38:53 PM »
Wallace again mastering the perfect spin.

he proved what an absolute loser he really is

Since he became our coach i dont think i have heard a more idiotic response when he said " I REFUSE TO TAKE THE HEAT FOR THE RECRUITING AT PUNT ROAD, UNLESS I CAN ALSO TAKE THE CREDIT FOR THE BULDOGS RECRUITING"

what a stuffin loser seriously??

have you ever heard a coach talk up his old club like the king of spin has tonight and actually the last 3 weeks.

Good riddons to the prick
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 10:43:41 PM »
hopefully a few on here would of watched tonite.
We will improve heaps with him gone.
he is full of crap, always has been , always will.
tonight only reinforced that.
Couldnt answer the questions.
Everyone knows about his involvement with the swans and how he walked out on the doggies for more money.
As for his answer to the Chris Newman question, weak as pee Terry,
Cant wait for the final siren tomorrow night ;)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 10:49:10 PM »
crocmedia.com
What a fitting name for Hutchy.

it works for him $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Only for the people colecting the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Jack! Not the lives the on sold stories wreck

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 10:51:19 PM »
Rough summary  ...... feel free to correct or add anything

* Took an hour to clear out his office tonight while no one was around. Doesn't like going in the day and getting sympathetic packs on the back.

* Will be there tomorrow night. Took the main training session yesterday. Today held the team meeting and then let the boys run around today by themselves.

* Sam asked if Terry believe's in Karma (walking out on the dogs)?
It's the nature of football what happened. Nature is sometimes you go to a club that is 16th and it doesn't work. Look at Pagan at Carlton.

* Leaving the Dogs....
2 weeks before he left then new CEO Campbell Rose came in with a job to strip the footy dept. Cut a $1.5m.
Didn't want his assistant coaches cut.
So had a handshake agreement to leave.
Thought at the time both side handled it badly. Apologised the other day because people got caught up in it and got hurt.
Management spoke to other clubs if positions were available. Never had an agreement with the Swans. Management believed he had an opportunity to go to the Swans though.
Told Sam his financial matters are no one's business when asked if the Swans paid him out because they reneged on an agreement.
Sam said a Swan executive he spoke to said Terry was paid out. Terry said get the Swans executive on and ask him. Terry said why would he be working hard in the media if he got paid. Sam said because legally the Swans may have been obligated to do so.
Terry said he went to Dogs CEO and Prez and said there were opportunities elsewhere. Then they all shook hands and agreed for him to leave.

* Newman asking him to be sacked?
Private conversations he won't discuss.
Asked Sam if he preferred a bloke come up to your face, have a discussion and then shake hands afterwards or a bloke to go behind his back. sam said obviously you want the former.
Terry said if that happened then why have a meeting with 15 people about the coming weeks.
Sam said a non-answer to him meant he could assume it was an admission Newman did tell Terry to step down. Terry said that's your assumption.
Terry said he doesn't believe he lost the players but you'll have to ask them.

* 20 years ago KB had no chance to pick sides and succeed due to lack of finances. Forward to Frawley and he had the same problem. No chance whatsoever. The club was a basketcase as far as finances - eg: he had no development coach until his 3rd year. Finances are a lot better now Terry added.
Sam asked about Sheeds saying we could win the flag. Wallace said everyone has opinions.
Sam asked about our recruiting. Terry said well if I'm responsible for recruiting at the Tigers then I also get credit for the Dogs recruits during his time as coach. Likewise if I'm not responsible then it's at both clubs. Sam said fair enough. Terry said some coaches are the whole package while others are managers who leave it to others to do their job. Terry said he is a coach not a recruiter so won't take any responsibility.
Sam then said what happened? Terry said it's the way it's worked out. We've been competitive this year in every game except against Carlton. The five years was up and something has got to give.

* Future? GC?
Get tomorrow over first. Then sit down and decide what next over a coffee.

* Won't publicly suggest his replacement at Richmond. One of the assistants obviously. Not his decision. Doesn't want to make 1 friend and 4 enemies. Up to the Club.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 10:53:41 PM »
look at Pagan he said, thats a beautiful deflection ::)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 10:56:54 PM »
Hutchy on Richmond....

* Club has yet to tell any of the assistants if they have the caretaker role as of tonight.

* Royal not interviewed as he didn't want to go through the process.

* Campbell leading. King, Rawlings and McRae want it too.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 11:00:02 PM »
rawlings or campbell.
Rawlings was offered at the meeting 2 weeks ago, players werent keen.
See what eventuates

Ramps

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 11:00:21 PM »
My main concern watching tonight was that Sam asked questions that to me seemed relevant to this specific situation as long ago as 5 years ago. Questions that you would expect to ask a prospective coach for an AFL club in the circumstances that had existed in the previous 2 years ie. leaving bulldogs and the sydney rumours. Based on the answers I saw tonight, I dont understand how a board would give someone a job with those types of answers.

So either the Board asked the questions and disregarded the answers or some questions that were asked tonight were not asked 5 years ago. Based on tonight, I think it was a botch up from 5 years ago.

Unless of course I am wrong and that those types of questions would not have been asked 5 years.

Can anyone clarify.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 11:03:45 PM »
Ramps, you are right.
Problem is that dont take it for granted the people on the board know what there doing either.
On tonights interview, you could never of appointed him in any role.
 :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Ramps

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 11:08:44 PM »
the issue is that even after watching tonight, Im actually not quite sure about the whole situation involving leaving the bulldogs, the whole dislike of the footscray fraternity towards Plough, the sydney rumours, and then the appointment to us. There was to much going around in circles tonight when to be honest it would have been better if there were just Yes or No answers. And if the answers were the same to our board 5years ago ... then how could a board getting those types of answers- give him the job? I dont get it.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2009, 11:11:04 PM »
Ramps, I wouldnt be having one cent of us tomorrow night.
the dogs are fired right up ,apparently to give Terry a send off he wont forget.
there is still plenty of hatred there

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 09:34:40 AM »
rawlings or campbell.
See what eventuates
So the players are still calling the shots are they?
Unbelievable, who's the idiot who asked their opinion in the first place?

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 11:36:34 AM »
rawlings or campbell.
See what eventuates
So the players are still calling the shots are they?
Unbelievable, who's the idiot who asked their opinion in the first place?

The players still running the place by the looks of it Infamy.  :banghead