Author Topic: Changes for round 13 against the Saints?  (Read 3265 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for round 13 against the Saints?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 11:40:41 AM »
I would like to see Silvester play. I was chatting to some of the Coburg players and they say that Rawlings is a big rap for Silvester and the big cat has improved his pace and confidence this year so deserves a chance. They said that they would expect him to play in the next 2/3 weeks  8)

I would also like to see Thomson play so we can see if he will make it. No use writing him off before he has even played a senior game in the H&A season. I would like to see is his footskills are as bad as some people make them out to be around here. Thomson should come in well before Cogs - we know what Cogs has shown us so far this year  :whistle

Stripes

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 12:25:02 PM »
In Schulz Silvestor

Out Patto Moore

I would like Schulz to be given an extended crack at FF, about three games where he isn't shifted into the back line when a hole needs plugging.  I dont know whether he can make it or not but I dont think he has gotten more than half a game at FF before he has been moved.

If he fails after an extended stay then fine back to Coburg for the rest of the year and then delist/trade.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 08:02:02 PM »
if any thing dont lose like collingwood  :lol :gotigers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 09:01:59 PM »
In Schulz Silvestor

Out Patto Moore

I would like Schulz to be given an extended crack at FF, about three games where he isn't shifted into the back line when a hole needs plugging.  I dont know whether he can make it or not but I dont think he has gotten more than half a game at FF before he has been moved.

If he fails after an extended stay then fine back to Coburg for the rest of the year and then delist/trade.

Chuck why would you take Moore out against the likes of Kosi & Riewoldt?? Schulz shot himself ages ago and should of gone before Wallace. Would like to see Silvestor have a crack but not at the expense of Moore.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 09:05:47 PM »
Moore is clearly carrying a bad shoulder and his form the past few weeks has been average because of it.

With the season gone, he might as well go and have surgery if needed or just take a break from playing  to get the shoulder properly healed
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 09:17:55 PM »
Moore is clearly carrying a bad shoulder and his form the past few weeks has been average because of it.

With the season gone, he might as well go and have surgery if needed or just take a break from playing  to get the shoulder properly healed

Ain't that the truth.  It is soooooo obvious to anyone watching you would have to wonder what reason they have for playing him.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 09:19:52 PM »

So, he would still go better than Schulz, how many chances and in different positions has this bloke had, good VFL footballer. Like I said I would like to see Silvestor have a go so if Moore does get dropped then he would be my choice.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 09:24:38 PM »
So, he would still go better than Schulz, how many chances and in different positions has this bloke had, good VFL footballer. Like I said I would like to see Silvestor have a go so if Moore does get dropped then he would be my choice.

I didn't say anything about Schulz, I just said why I'd drop Moore

I want to see Silvestor get a chance, ditto Post before the season is out

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 09:29:21 PM »

I didn't say anything about Schulz, I just said why I'd drop Moore

I want to see Silvestor get a chance, ditto Post before the season is out

Couldn't agree any more on the Post call, he is a must to play and soon I hope, I forgive you about Schulz.... :shh

"Rucks:

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 10:34:02 PM »
wp

if we are fairdinkum about building our future, quit ur love affair with silvester

post is the only one to come in if moore is unfit

ffs silvester is not and will not be part or any future success we may have

picking siklvester in the team is going backwards, would rather joel back in the team, at least he can play

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 07:28:25 AM »
wp

if we are fairdinkum about building our future, quit ur love affair with silvester

picking siklvester in the team is going backwards, would rather joel back in the team, at least he can play

Settle down  ;D

I have explained this a number of times. But I will again for your benefit.    ;D

Firstly, when was the last time you saw Silvestor play? NAB cup this year (2009) or perhaps 2008? If your assessment is based on the 2008 NAB Cup then you have a case but his effort against Freo in the NAB this year was good, not great but good. His form for Couburg this year = outstanding

He has again improved and the areas that people have queried look like they have been improved.

With that in mind, the ONLY way we are going to see if the improvement is enough for him to be an AFL footballer if he actually plays AFL football.

He is a rookie, this is the last year he can be a rookie, so we as a club need to see if he is up to it. We have nothing to lose but guess what if he does well we actually gain.

Post is going to be there in 2010 as he has a standard 2 year contract. Ditto Gourdis. Gilligan and BrownE as they can be re-rookied.

What I want to see is the majoirty of the "untried" or borderline blokes on the list be given a couple of games so it can be assessed what they have to offer, if anything. It's called list management ;D

Like I said above and have said many times with Silvestor if we play him we have nothing to lose but a helluva lot to gain   

Offline gtig

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 08:48:44 AM »
i agree bring in silvester.
can't see any downside to playing him or any of the marginals/kids. if they're up to it then great, if not, better draft picks await.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 10:40:40 AM »
wp

Settle down  ;D

I have explained this a number of times. But I will again for your benefit.    ;D

Firstly, when was the last time you saw Silvestor play? NAB cup this year (2009) or perhaps 2008? If your assessment is based on the 2008 NAB Cup then you have a case but his effort against Freo in the NAB this year was good, not great but good. His form for Couburg this year = outstanding

He has again improved and the areas that people have queried look like they have been improved.

With that in mind, the ONLY way we are going to see if the improvement is enough for him to be an AFL footballer if he actually plays AFL football.

He is a rookie, this is the last year he can be a rookie, so we as a club need to see if he is up to it. We have nothing to lose but guess what if he does well we actually gain.

Post is going to be there in 2010 as he has a standard 2 year contract. Ditto Gourdis. Gilligan and BrownE as they can be re-rookied.

What I want to see is the majoirty of the "untried" or borderline blokes on the list be given a couple of games so it can be assessed what they have to offer, if anything. It's called list management ;D

Like I said above and have said many times with Silvestor if we play him we have nothing to lose but a helluva lot to gain   

im settled dont worry, just concerned about ur love for the big cat

u say his form at vfl has been outstanding, so has jay schulz
but we are building for the future now, and silvester is not part of that and never will be. post is rance is mguane is moore is and thursty if his head is right is too. no room for the big cat and he is just a good vfl player like jay .
no need to "try" him in our team when we can further and fast track the development of post
if we are going to "try" players on our rookie list , surelly gourdis and gilligan must be "tried " b4 silvester

our backline is not our concern

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 11:29:20 AM »

im settled dont worry, just concerned about ur love for the big cat

Good  ;D ;D

u say his form at vfl has been outstanding, so has jay schulz
but we are building for the future now, and silvester is not part of that and never will be.

You have actually just given a reason why Silvestor should be given a go

You are correct Schulz has been given so many chances it isn't funny but at least we know where we stand with him

Silvestor hasn't been given a chance

How can you say a player is not part of the future if he hasn't be given an opportunity at the highest level?

Isn't the next 11 weeks about opportunity and rewarding players with a team first mind set?

Post will get his opportunity. Gourdis might, Gilligan at the moment doesn't deserve it. But Silvestor deserve a chance - if he fails I'll be the first to say thanks but no thanks

Will repeat again - nothing to lose, lots to gain
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 08:30:15 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 11:38:07 AM »
I still dont know whether Schulz has been given four qtrs in a row and kept at FF in a while (dont think its happended in 2009 or 2008).

He has played under Jade before in a team that has a tall structure and as such he may be worth a go under Jade's "game plan".

So many have bagged out TW's gameplan and how it didn't play to our teams advantage, I just reckon it would be worth it to give Schulz a go as FF but kept there for at least one full game.

Anyway best judge of that will be Jade as he has coached Schulz a fair bit at Coburg