Author Topic: World Cup 2022 Bid [merged]  (Read 33606 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: Will a World Cup in Australia damage the AFL?
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2010, 09:21:03 AM »
Australia does not deserve the World Cup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2010, 01:47:15 PM »

More importantly we dont need it

We are not a money pit  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2010, 02:31:52 PM »

and your reasoning behind that statement is what exactly?

we have played a fair bid for the World Cup unlike some other countries.

I bet the people that dont want the World Cup here dont like the sport at all and thats pathetic. A bit like the fools who complained about Tiger getting paid 3million to come play here when it made our state what was it close to 30mil.

I hope we get the World Cup not because i love Soccer that much but i think it would be great for our country and our economy
It will also get more juniors playing the sport instead of in the streets.

We do deserve the world cup and i hope we get it. What will make me laugh is the idiots who will jump on the bandwagon if we do make it.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: World Cup 2022 Bid [merged]
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2010, 03:49:48 AM »
Decision time is 2am tomorrow morning.

Here's the 30 minute presentation Australia made overnight complete with a CGI kangaroo stealing the World Cup trophy from FIFA HQ (last 10 mins)

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/bidders/live/newsid=1343803/index.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2010, 12:36:27 PM »
A high risk for high return presentation. It was so different to the other 4 bids that the 22 FIFA delegates will love it or hate it. Lowy spoke very well. The Kangaroo bit was cliched and cheesy but overseas people seem to like that stuff when it comes to Oz. However the most cringeworthy bit was Elle sucking up to Lowy. It came across at it was all Lowy's dream rather than Australia's.

Very nervous about Qatar  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2010, 05:08:49 PM »
A high risk for high return presentation. It was so different to the other 4 bids that the 22 FIFA delegates will love it or hate it. Lowy spoke very well. The Kangaroo bit was cliched and cheesy but overseas people seem to like that stuff when it comes to Oz. However the most cringeworthy bit was Elle sucking up to Lowy. It came across at it was all Lowy's dream rather than Australia's.

i really thought they could've thrown in that John Alouisi goal at the G or Fed Square erupting. Something anything.

Its not a question if we wont do a good job or we dont have a sound economy its about what the others have put on the table.

I got this to say if it werent for Loewy and Rudd we would not be in this position. Could you imagine Howard kick starting this campaign.

Not a chance!!

If we dont get it then i hope Qatar do so they can sit there and sweat their arses off and wish they had chosen us.

It will be another boring uninspiring World Cup after the South Africa debacle.

Good luck Blatter and co with that 45 degree heat. I have been to Dubai and that was heat like you have never experienced before.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2010, 10:17:02 PM »

i really thought they could've thrown in that John Alouisi goal at the G or Fed Square erupting. Something anything.

Its not a question if we wont do a good job or we dont have a sound economy its about what the others have put on the table.

I got this to say if it werent for Loewy and Rudd we would not be in this position. Could you imagine Howard kick starting this campaign.

Not a chance!!

If we dont get it then i hope Qatar do so they can sit there and sweat their behinds off and wish they had chosen us.

It will be another boring uninspiring World Cup after the South Africa debacle.

Good luck Blatter and co with that 45 degree heat. I have been to Dubai and that was heat like you have never experienced before.

They had footage in the video of Goddard's mark in the GF. A rare reference to Aussie Rules. Even the list of stadia in the evaluation report doesn't mention our indigenous code nor Rugby League. For example Kardinia Park under the title 'current use' it states "no information". And Soccer zealots like Craig Foster accuse the AFL of being scared  :wallywink. It's all so childish.

If Qatar gets it then FIFA will announce to the world it is officially corrupt (although perhaps like the IOC they don't care). You can see high profile players in the big leagues in Europe boycotting a Qatar WC or feigning injury.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2010, 10:22:06 PM »
Lowys a hypocrite. Claiming all that stuff about Migrants etc. Did the mongrel tell them how he and his mates have tried to destroy all the migrant clubs who contributed to Australian soccer for 50 years in Australia. Hope it all goes down the tubes for him tonight. He doesnt deserve it. He doesnt deserve this place in history. He can get stuffed for all I care! For me a Qatari or USA win is a win for the true believers.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2010, 11:13:10 PM »
I take it you have the champagne on ice Ramps  :lol.

My tip is:
2018: Russia
2022: Australia

If we lose out to the USA then so be it. However if Spain and Qatar get up then what 'Old Soccer' thinks in Oz will be the least of FIFA's worries. FIFA will be classed up there with the ICC - corruptable to the highest $$$ bidder.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2010, 01:59:09 AM »
showtime.

Announcement coming in minutes

my tips.

England( an England win is our best result means FIFA wont be all that concerned about making the most money in 2022)
Qatar

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2010, 02:11:59 AM »
Lowys a hypocrite. Claiming all that stuff about Migrants etc. Did the mongrel tell them how he and his mates have tried to destroy all the migrant clubs who contributed to Australian soccer for 50 years in Australia. Hope it all goes down the tubes for him tonight. He doesnt deserve it. He doesnt deserve this place in history. He can get stuffed for all I care! For me a Qatari or USA win is a win for the true believers.

you are kidding right. if we had all those migrant clubs around we would still have croats beating up greeks, flares thrown at each other etc etc

the best thing about Soccer in this country is there are no migrant clubs. eff that dont need it.

Im from a european background and i couldnt stand watching those greeks, italians, croats jump up and down and yell abuse at each other.

It actually makes me sick. If you love your parents country so much well eff off and go back there and live.

Lowys a champion. I like a guy with passion.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2010, 02:47:47 AM »
Winners

2018: Russia

2022: Qatar

the winner is money

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2010, 06:21:30 AM »
Daniel, sorry for yr loss mate, but it was never going to happen.  of course money wins.  And dont think that we lost just because the system is corrupt....we arent alone in that either.

What i would like to see is all these passionate supporters get behind the local A-League.  Crowds of only a few thousand are a disgrace at the local game.  A lot of bandwagon supporters got a reality check last night, howabouts they go to the soccer tonight for a change.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2010, 06:58:20 AM »
Well I was half right lol. The only positive from not getting it was seeing the sour look on Craig Foster's face. Clowns like him are Soccer'sown worst enemy. Given Qatar won it rules us out of bidding for 2026 and with the centenary in 2030 and Europe bidding again in 2034 it could be 2038 at the earliest before we try again. If China bids by then then push our next chance out to 2050+.

Good luck FIFA holding a WC in a country where it's 50 degree heat in June/July  :help.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2010, 07:12:43 AM »
No great surprise really

Money talks and FIFA only cares about money

They put the AFL to shame went it comes to taking the $$$$  ;D

Actually any organisation that tries to dictate what other sports can & cannot take place while the World Cup is on shows how stupid they are. I've always wondered why if they believe their game is the biggest & strongest in the world why do they enforce that everything must stop - are they that threatened by local little sports  ;D

Time to move on  :rollin

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)