Author Topic: Selected Team vs Saints  (Read 3993 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Selected Team vs Saints
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 02:31:29 PM »
So what does this say about Schulz with JON getting the nod before him.

You would think Jade would know Schulz fairly well.

Does it mean that Schulz is worse than Patto and JON?  Or does it say that as we are tanking with team selection that there is hope for him and he is not playing as we need JON in there to ensure the tank runs smooth.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 04:23:21 PM »
Intersting. JON did not do much @ Coburg, but nor did anyone really.

I thought Bowden was much better than King. It is good Joel was overlooked. Not sure about King getting the nod.

I was watching mostly forward line so did not see alot of Sylvester, might as well give him a go

King won't play.

JON and Sylvester will.   :thumbsup :thumbsup    http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/79393/default.aspx

Agree with all the OUT: Moore and Patto calls.   

EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Final 22 - Silvester in; Patto out
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 05:50:23 PM »
ST KILDA v RICHMOND

Richmond
B: Chris Newman, Jarrod Silvester, Will Thursfield
HB: Dean Polo , Luke McGuane, Richard Tambling
C: Andrew Collins, Shane Tuck, Brett Deledio
HF: Trent Cotchin, Jack Riewoldt, Tom Hislop
F: Tyrone Vickery, Mitch Morton, Ben Cousins
Foll: Angus Graham, Daniel Jackson, Nathan Foley
I/C: Robin Nahas, Kelvin Moore, Alex Rance, Shane Edwards
Emg: Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls, Jake King, Adam Pattison

In: Silvester
Out: Adam Pattison

New: Jarrod Silvester (Coburg)

St Kilda
B: Jason Blake, Max Hudghton, Zac Dawson
HB: Steven Baker, Sam Fisher, Brendon Goddard
C: Farren Ray, Luke Ball, Nick Dal Santo
HF: Jason Gram, Nick Riewoldt, Adam Schneider
F: Lenny Hayes, Justin Koschitzke, Stephen Milne
Foll: Michael Gardiner, Clint Jones, Leigh Montagna
I/C: Jarryn Geary, Sam Gilbert, Ben McEvoy, Andrew McQualter
Emg: James Gwilt, David Armitage, Raphael Clarke

No change

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/79361/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 05:04:16 PM »
JON didn't play for Coburg today so there may be a late change unless he's just 23rd man back-up for a Sunday game.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 05:19:05 PM »
JON didn't play for Coburg today so there may be a late change unless he's just 23rd man back-up for a Sunday game.

WOW, Pencil in a premiership next year boys! JON is playing! :cheers

.........When will they learn. :banghead  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead
The club that keeps giving.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 08:01:49 PM »

Yeah, heaven forbid they throw a kid a chance to prove himself.  ::)
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2009, 08:15:32 PM »

Coburg seemed to struggle withou him

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2009, 01:43:02 AM »
I truly thought ANYONE could see JON doesnt understand AFL footy. By YOUR comments Both of you prove to me you know NOTHING and you are both in denial (as well as the coach).

HE CANT PLAY AT THIS LEVEL BOYS! you must wake up and come to this realisation. JON is not an AFL player!

IMO Richmond need to be banned from Project players!!!! This club hasn't got an adequate development department to acheive this. And you DONT pick up project players in the first round of the draft!

Until the club gets fairdinkum (by bringing SMART footy people to the club), im afraid there isnt much hope for the future.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2009, 09:33:52 AM »
I truly thought ANYONE could see JON doesnt understand AFL footy. By YOUR comments Both of you prove to me you know NOTHING and you are both in denial (as well as the coach).

HE CANT PLAY AT THIS LEVEL BOYS! you must wake up and come to this realisation. JON is not an AFL player!

IMO Richmond need to be banned from Project players!!!! This club hasn't got an adequate development department to acheive this. And you DONT pick up project players in the first round of the draft!

Until the club gets fairdinkum (by bringing SMART footy people to the club), im afraid there isnt much hope for the future.

While a player is still on the list they deserve a spot if they're given it and I'm willing to give them a go.

You was probably the same with Angus Graham and Matthew White.

In JON's case it's likely to not work out, but I'm not writing off a young kid or disparaging him from getting a game, whose still on our list 'til they're gone.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009, 10:21:23 AM »

Totally agree. In the case of 'project players' put them on the rookie list and see how they go from there, that’s what it's for surely!
Draft kids that can kick and who have grown up playing footy. Not athletes that can run really fast or really far.
It's a footy club so draft footballers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2009, 11:06:28 AM »

JON was not taken as a project player - he was highly rated by Richmond as well as a few other clubs and was always going to go for a relatively high pick regardless of it was us or someone else who took him.  Yes, we might not have a very good development department but don't bend the truth to suit your argument.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2009, 01:05:49 PM »
Moore must be out injured otherwise we'll be going into the game with 5 tall defenders  ??? - Moore, McGuane, Thursty, Rance and Silvester.

As for playing JON and Silvester - Jade is obviously playing the list which is what he should be doing. Leave in no doubt who is and isn't up to it over the next 10 weeks. Not sure why some people are getting upset about it. We are in 2010 preparation mode already. If we get within 5 or 6 goals of the Saints today it will be a good effort with the team we'll have on the ground.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2009, 01:48:40 PM »
Well be lucky if we are within 12 goals by the end of the day ... Im thinking its more likely 15 to 18 goals especially if St Kilda turn up to play.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2009, 01:56:17 PM »
Well be lucky if we are within 12 goals by the end of the day ... Im thinking its more likely 15 to 18 goals especially if St Kilda turn up to play.
Let's hope the Saints' minds are on Geelong next week and we stay reasonable close on the socreboard.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2009, 02:29:52 PM »
As for playing JON and Silvester - Jade is obviously playing the list which is what he should be doing. Leave in no doubt who is and isn't up to it over the next 10 weeks. Not sure why some people are getting upset about it. We are in 2010 preparation mode already. If we get within 5 or 6 goals of the Saints today it will be a good effort with the team we'll have on the ground.

yeah I thought the tankers owuld be rapted to see the team we are going in with today  :rollin :rollin :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)