Author Topic: Richmond was interested in Mark Blake  (Read 1471 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond was interested in Mark Blake
« on: June 27, 2009, 02:10:12 AM »
from today's Herald-Sun...

Suddenly Blake's ruckwork, which the club is very happy with, isn't enough.

Achieving 25 hitouts, two kicks and eight handballs a game is no longer a pass mark.

This is the same Blake who has played 61 of a possible 62 games for his club since the start of 2007 and one who, in the same period, has been the No. 1 ruckman in 20 of 21 victories.

The game he missed was one he didn't want to miss after the Cats opted for the experience of Steven King in the 2007 Grand Final.

After the Grand Final, 200cm Blake became a natural target for rival clubs, with Richmond leading the way.

When the Tigers offer became genuine, the story goes that Blake demanded a future at Skilled Stadium.

It was a reasonable request.

As a result his main rival, then 28-year-old King, was made redundant.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25696412-19742,00.html

Ramps

Re: Richmond was interested in Mark Blake
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 04:00:23 AM »
no wonder we always stay at the bottom if were targeting players like Blake lol ...

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 09:07:15 AM »
what a joke really.. and some of you still think Wallace has sent this club forward.

Lets go for Mcmahon, lets go for graham, lets go for Kingsley, lets go for Blake.

THANK stuff HE AINT OUR COACH ANYMORE.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 09:28:30 AM »
what a joke really.. and some of you still think Wallace has sent this club forward.

Lets go for Mcmahon, lets go for graham, lets go for Kingsley, lets go for Blake.

THANK eff HE AINT OUR COACH ANYMORE.

:sleep

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 09:41:57 AM »
Let's hope we don't get sucked into going after a player who can't get a game at a good team again.

I reckon Maguire from the Saints is in the same boat. Zac Dawson is keeping him out of the side. If he was good, he'd be playing.

I said it on another forum, but if Geelong had for example Schulz and Oakley-Nicholls, teams would be all over them. Schulz would be like Lonergan, gets into the team, kicks 5 in a 20 goal Cats win, gets forced out the next week and people would be saying how great the Cats depth is, because Schulz can't get a game and they also have a pick 8 that can't fit into the team.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 03:06:34 PM »
i reckon he's pretty useless Blake, whats his greatest quality...If a ruckman doesnt offer more than winning a few lousy hitouts he's about as useful as yesterdays paper...No thanks :whistle
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 06:50:26 PM »
Gus is coming along nicely.
No way.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 07:06:48 PM »
Another Knobel although without the chronic injuries. Tap ruckman who can't do anything else. The Catters prefer Mumford to him anyway and Blake will be dropped again as soon as Otto comes back.

For Richmond to go after him would be another stopgap measure that would send us nowhere in the long run.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 09:14:42 PM »
Miller was like a mate of mine at a bar chasing women when it came to trading. Anything with a pulse.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 09:34:08 PM »
Miller was like a mate of mine at a bar chasing women when it came to trading. Anything with a pulse.

:clapping

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 01:58:59 AM »
I truly believe Richmond is like that slow kid in class at school. Everyone was in on the joke except him and sometimes he WAS the joke.

I think every draft day the other clubs talk up some rubbish player so Richmond will pick him up and they can all get on with picking up the real talent. all clubs are in on the joke and every year telling us how good our picks are but laughing with the rest of them when we aren't looking.

YES, WE ARE A JOKE........... history speaks for itself.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 09:41:43 AM »
Only kids should be picked up in the November draft from now until the end of time- do not even entertain picking up any player from other clubs. That should be a hard and fast rule of the recruiting department of the RFC! Forget all about the pre season draft as well for mine for picking up 'used' players UNLESS they are a standout and have fallen out at their original club and have played senior footy regularly at that club.
How many players can you think of that have come from another club that have discarded them and have been better at their new club from the pre season draft- not many!
Ill say it again, JUST KIDS PLEASE!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 09:47:22 AM »
Only kids should be picked up in the November draft from now until the end of time- do not even entertain picking up any player from other clubs. That should be a hard and fast rule of the recruiting department of the RFC! Forget all about the pre season draft as well for mine for picking up 'used' players UNLESS they are a standout and have fallen out at their original club and have played senior footy regularly at that club.
How many players can you think of that have come from another club that have discarded them and have been better at their new club from the pre season draft- not many!
Ill say it again, JUST KIDS PLEASE!

said it a million times, the first coach we get who gets this right, GETS US INTO THE FINALS REGULARLY

WP OR WHOEVER KNOWS SOMEONE AT THE RFC..........TEL THEM JUST KIDS FFS