Author Topic: Adrian Fletcher  (Read 2234 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Adrian Fletcher
« on: July 14, 2009, 12:44:42 PM »
Fletcher was just on SEN with Mark Doran and said he's applied for the Richmond coaching job.

He's currently an assistant coach up at Brisbane under Vossy. He's been at more than one club as an assistant IIRC but he hasn't coached a side in his right except for times when Brad Gotch at Williamstown would give Fletcher the opportunity to coach the Seagulls. He said that experience was very valuable.

On Cuz - yep would keep him. Back to his best and it's an uncontested game at times so you need someone who can run the lines.

Jacko is one who impresses him. Hard at the contest which is something they (Richmond) lacked.

There's plenty to work with with mids. He would tighten up our backline with another key defender and would find another key forward.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:12:25 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Adrian Fletcher
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:54:38 PM »
I can picture this fellow but I like his thinking. There seems to be a lot of quality candidates applying for the job this year and I think Bucks will actually do us a favour in the end by accepting another position outside our great club. Bucks still sees himself very much as a Collingwood captain and has an innate hatred for Richmond as a result while other players who have been assistant coaches for some time now have matured and become more professional regarding clubs now.

Whether its Fletcher, Hardwick, Hinkley, Buckley or some other candidate, as long as we get the best coach to fit our club and list I couldn't give a rats behind.

What we can do without is a coach who has chosen us because there is nothing else available.

Stripes

Offline nahadaman

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 01:18:59 PM »
That last line is excactly why Sheeds should get the gig cause Richmond is in his blood. He gives an eff about the club. Not like anyone else who would just coach the club. He would drink the blood of his players and pee it on anyone who didnt pull their weight.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 02:07:12 PM »
That last line is excactly why Sheeds should get the gig cause Richmond is in his blood. He gives an eff about the club. Not like anyone else who would just coach the club. He would drink the blood of his players and pee it on anyone who didnt pull their weight.

Because all other great past players of clubs have had to return to the club they played at to get Premiership results.

Turn it up.   :lol
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 02:11:54 PM »
Fletcher could be the Clarkson/Knights of this coaching merry go round. No one gave Clarkson or Nights a second thought until they were appointed and here comes Fletcher... ;)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline nahadaman

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 02:27:11 PM »
To get the best out of the players you need someone who can enter their minds, make them believe in themselves, and go out and peform. Do you think Fletcher can honestly do that at Richmond?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 02:30:48 PM »
To get the best out of the players you need someone who can enter their minds, make them believe in themselves, and go out and peform. Do you think Fletcher can honestly do that at Richmond?

Would you have thought Clarkson or Knights could have done that? I didn't!! Well maybe Knights 3 years more as an assistant but not when they selected him and not Clarkson at all.... IMO.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline nahadaman

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 02:39:18 PM »
Clarkson and Hawthorns flag was a fluke. Knights I will agree with you on but look at the leader he was.
Richmond just doesnt seem to me to be the type of club that could fluke the same results without a tried and tested leader.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 02:44:42 PM »
Clarkson and Hawthorns flag was a fluke. Knights I will agree with you on but look at the leader he was.
Richmond just doesnt seem to me to be the type of club that could fluke the same results without a tried and tested leader.

Yeah true we don't have much luck do we, I still think Clarkson has had a bad run with injuries this year though.

"Rucks:

Offline nahadaman

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 02:54:55 PM »
He has had a bad run with injuries this year, but the flag was a big fluke. Dont you think if you got a Sheeds or Mathews in to harden these boys up it would benefit us. Even if it was a short contract.
It frightens me to think of someone untried. Actually teriffies me is more accurate.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 03:10:26 PM »
Mathews or Malthouse fine but I would prefer Malthouse out of the two, the game has past Sheedy IMO. I am quite excited about the prospect of an untried coach in Buckley or one in the system as an assistant such as Hardwick or Hinckley.

"Rucks:

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 03:19:49 PM »

Alastair Clarkson.

Mark Thompson.

John Worsfold.

Paul Roos.

Decent possibility I'll be able to add Ross Lyon to the list at the end of September and that will be five Premierships in a row orchestrated by coaches who are NOT a "tried and tested leader" in coaching and achieved the flag at their first club.

But please, carry on.  ::)
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline nahadaman

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 03:23:49 PM »
Five untried coaches but none of them had this one little thing called RICHMOND to contend with.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 04:21:34 PM »
I can picture this fellow but I like his thinking. There seems to be a lot of quality candidates applying for the job this year and I think Bucks will actually do us a favour in the end by accepting another position outside our great club. Bucks still sees himself very much as a Collingwood captain and has an innate hatred for Richmond as a result while other players who have been assistant coaches for some time now have matured and become more professional regarding clubs now.

Whether its Fletcher, Hardwick, Hinkley, Buckley or some other candidate, as long as we get the best coach to fit our club and list I couldn't give a rats behind.

What we can do without is a coach who has chosen us because there is nothing else available.

Stripes

well then you can draw a line through about 80% of the candidates

Most of them just want the gig because it may be their last chance to coach.

Quite a number have tried and failed to get a job at another club.

Every coach tries to get a job because there may not be soemthing else, except Bux. He wont come not if your life dependant on it.

He will coach elsewhere in a few years while he learns the assistant craft at another club in 2009

LMAO at those who think Bucks will come to Punt Road.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline nahadaman

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 04:30:55 PM »
excactly d161, so now we have ruled out 80% who do we have left.?