Author Topic: Answer to all draft pick order questions [merged]  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Answer to all draft pick order questions
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 12:52:07 AM »
So we've got another draw up our sleeves  :-\

If Melbourne and Freo win next week we could find ourselves on the bottom of the ladder with the Melbourne game a battle over who loses their priority pick  :help.

I can't see Melbourne winning next week, sadly.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 02:54:20 AM »
whats the point in getting a priority pick?
We would only pick up another JON :banghead :banghead
Riewoldt, Cotchin and Vickery have been our last 3 top 10 picks. Rance was our priority pick.

I thought Wallace was problem  ???
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Answer to all draft pick order questions [merged]
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 12:10:21 PM »
Judging on the effort of the coach and team at yesterdays game we will win 3/4 of our last few games. Call it stupid or call it 'culture-creating' the signs are clear - we are NOT tanking! >:(

So its time for all us pro-tankers to face reality and unless the team is just that bad afterall which I don't believe they are, then we have to accept that we will give Melbourne, Fremantle and West Coast their priority picks and our first draft choice will more than likely be around 6/7.

For mine, just shows a great lack of foresight by the clubs administration and selection committee but this is Richmond FC is it not, so why should I expected anything less.

Bring on the meaningless wins! :birthday :santa :banghead

Stripes

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 12:20:31 PM »
Judging on the effort of the coach and team at yesterdays game we will win 3/4 of our last few games. Call it stupid or call it 'culture-creating' the signs are clear - we are NOT tanking! >:(

So its time for all us pro-tankers to face reality and unless the team is just that bad afterall which I don't believe they are, then we have to accept that we will give Melbourne, Fremantle and West Coast their priority picks and our first draft choice will more than likely be around 6/7.

For mine, just shows a great lack of foresight by the clubs administration and selection committee but this is Richmond FC is it not, so why should I expected anything less.

Stripes

Dont worry...Be Happy
Unleash the tornado

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 12:45:47 PM »

Stripes
Don't worry about us getting a Priority Pick, we wont get it because we WILL win another game this year, what we should be hoping for is for the Demons and Eagles to win enough games to lose their PP's and for them to finish higher then us on the ladder. If it looked like this after round 22 I would be happy:

13. West Coast with 5+ wins
14. Melbourne with 5+ wins
15. Richmond with less then the above 2
16. Fremantle with 3 wins

That way Pick 1 to Fremantle, they take a WA youngester, and Pick 2 to the Tigers, we get the pick out of Scully/Butcher.  :gotigers

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 12:52:22 PM »
Dont worry...Be Happy

You do know the bloke who wrote and sang that song topped himself don't you mat073!  :o :P

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 04:04:27 PM »
Dont worry...Be Happy

You do know the bloke who wrote and sang that song topped himself don't you mat073!  :o :P

I assure you Stripes that Bobby McFerrin is alive and well.He is married and has 3 children.Stupid Urban Myth that he committed suicide.

Anyhow.....Despite all the logical and articulate arguements for tanking I have decided its one issue thats out of our hands.I hope the next win comes quick to put us all out of our misery.
Unleash the tornado

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 07:44:25 PM »
richmond will another game, without fail!
Add in, "win."

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 09:57:52 PM »
you are very negitive mate

;D never used to be Bents - 2009 has worn me down, my resolve is shot and I'm ticked off at losing - simply really    :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 10:24:32 PM »
i will be on the Melbourne, West Coast, Fremantle and North Melbourne band-wagon!

:P

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2009, 12:33:12 AM »

Stripes

you make some good points.

ı have resıgned to the fact we wıll one more now there ıs nop doubt about ıt

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2009, 11:39:41 PM »

Stripes
Can we use Morton as a scapegoat like a former coach did :eyebrow. "Hey Mitch, you cost the Club a priority pick with your bloody last minute goals against Freo and North"  ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd