Author Topic: McMahon- monkey off the back?  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
McMahon- monkey off the back?
« on: August 02, 2009, 03:45:45 PM »
Well, well! Taking aside, i am so glad Jordy did that! He has copped that much crap from our supporters that i dont think a better result could possibly had happened! Anyway he will no doubt cop from the pro tankers ad nauseum i guess!

Ramps

Re: McMahon- monkey off the back?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 03:50:43 PM »
Great Goal
Winning Culture
We dont need picks LOL

:lol

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 03:55:08 PM »
Youre right mate. We dont need picks, we need wins! I guess supporting the Tigers has become fashionable for people who are losers and want to continue losing!

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 03:56:36 PM »
Im happy for Jordie....not sure if it will do anything for his popularity on here though.
Unleash the tornado

Ramps

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 03:57:34 PM »
Great win today. Totally outclassed a tanking opposition. Winning culture is everything. Lets all sing together and in unison our joy at todays events. Magnificent stuff today. Lets hope our team can keep up the good work ;D

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 03:58:43 PM »
And yet if he missed he still would cop it!

richmondrules

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 04:22:26 PM »
Great win today. Totally outclassed a tanking opposition. Winning culture is everything. Lets all sing together and in unison our joy at todays events. Magnificent stuff today. Lets hope our team can keep up the good work ;D

I hate to rain on you parade but having just got back from the game can I tell you it was a very disappointing performance from the Tigers. My daughter made me leave at 3/4 time so I can't comment on the last but the first three were one mistake after another after poor decision after another.

It was, for me, one of the most frustrating and depressing games I have sat through. I really thought we had turned the corner but after watching that game I am not sure that we have developed much at all. 

Back were all the poor sideways handpassing and selling teram-mates into trouble. Indescribable poor judgement like Lids shortpassing to Morton instead of taking the shot himself from 25 out.

It just showed me how much more we need to address before we can be taken seriously.

The ONLY positive is that we actually won. Maybe that is an improvement.  :-\

Offline sabartooth

• Big Griff's Official Mentor !
  • Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 04:24:58 PM »
what does a 4 point over demons prove. we need to win games against top 4-8 teams ::)
2 years into a 35 year plan

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 04:25:24 PM »
What about 20 mins into the final quarter with us 10 points up on the members stand wing where rather than get tackled and get ridden he handballed straight to a Melbourne player. That shambolic game of skill from both sides will now forever be remembered by someone who kicked a goal after the siren from 50 metres out.

The only monkeys are those who think that we will be competitive against good opposition after staying unbeaten against 3 sides who won't make the 8.

Ramps

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 04:26:16 PM »
what does a 4 point over demons prove. we need to win games against top 4-8 teams ::)

nothing but our club wants a winning culture lol.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 04:32:23 PM »
You build a winning culture by moulding talented players together that will form the foundation of a winning team not beating inferior opposition and making out you have beaten a team of substance only to fall very short against much stronger opposition.

Wins like this don't enhance our reputation in a positive way they just reinforce the fact that we may be flat track bullies but when time comes to shine against the better teams we are found wanting. The 9th place finishes in the last few years emphasise this. In both 06 and 08 we had 11 wins and only lost once to temas that finished outside the 8 in the Hawks in 06 and the Blues in 08 and we only beat the Crows and Pies who made the 8 in 06 and drew with the Dogs and beat the Hawks who were flirting in 08. That is not winning culture. Fact.

Ramps

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 04:35:05 PM »
You build a winning culture by moulding talented players together that will form the foundation of a winning team not beating inferior opposition and making out you have beaten a team of substance only to fall very short against much stronger opposition.

Wins like this don't enhance our reputation in a positive way they just reinforce the fact that we may be flat track bullies but when time comes to shine against the better teams we are found wanting. The 9th place finishes in the last few years emphasise this. In both 06 and 08 we had 11 wins and only lost once to temas that finished outside the 8 in the Hawks in 06 and the Blues in 08 and we only beat the Crows and Pies who made the 8 in 06 and drew with the Dogs and beat the Hawks who were flirting in 08. That is not winning culture. Fact.

We arent even flat track bullies, we won after the siren, against a team who didnt want to win, a team that had just 1 player available on the bench in the last, and probably 3 or 4 of there best players conveniently playing this week in the twos. We are a rabble.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 04:36:09 PM »
Ramps....you are taking sarcasim to a whole new level today.

Why dont you write an angry e mail to the RFC ....att Craig Cameron and share your list management views.
Could be good therapy.
Unleash the tornado

Tigermonk

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 04:38:47 PM »
Media will have a field day about that Ugly game, both teams tanking to lose & trying to force the other team to win  ;D OMFG that was the worst football game l have ever seen in my life  :banghead Not watching anymore Tigers game till next season  :banghead

Jackstar is back

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 04:39:27 PM »
Well, well! Taking aside, i am so glad Jordy did that! He has copped that much crap from our supporters that i dont think a better result could possibly had happened! Anyway he will no doubt cop from the pro tankers ad nauseum i guess!

Just got back from the game.
I watched the Auskick kids at half time kick goals , that Jordon McMahon couldnt do in the first half.
Jordy will still cop it, as he continued to zoneoff his opponents when his teammates are one or one at stoppages :banghead