Author Topic: Twist could send Zantuck into draft  (Read 6423 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Twist could send Zantuck into draft
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2004, 02:34:40 AM »
Could we get shafted in this type of deal?

Only if we stupidly agree to pay a fair portion of his contract. If we part ways we still lose him for nothing but at least it frees up $$$ for us to go after whichever out-of-contract player we want. Paying part of his contract would stuff that up.

Ty apparently wants to head off to Essendon.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2004, 09:54:07 AM »
Could we get shafted in this type of deal?

MT is right the only way we can get shafted is if we are left to pay most of the contract if Zantuck goes somewhere else.

I cannot see this happening - actually I would bet it wont happen :thumbsup

A nominal amount is all we should be left with.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2004, 11:16:11 AM »
pee him off and use pick 68 and/or our 2nd PSD pick.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Bulluss

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2004, 03:44:38 PM »
If he wants the club to bend and let him go, we should not have to pay him anything.

Just cut our ties and he walks away. He then can nominate his salary when he applies for the draft and work it out with another club.

We are doing the right thing by him.

I cant believe that he would be on $250K. What has he done to deserve that money, its a joke.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ty still in limbo
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2004, 12:55:31 AM »
By Stephen Rielly
The Age
November 4, 2004

Meanwhile, Ty Zantuck's career remains in limbo, with his manager Anthony McConville saying yesterday that there had been no progress made on a possible move from Richmond.

Zantuck and the Tigers have agreed to part but need a new club to agree to draft the 22-year-old before he can be released from the final year of his contract.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/11/03/1099362219460.html?oneclick=true

--------------------------------

Sounds like his $250K salary  :help is becoming the sticking point. Other clubs aren't willing to pay anywhere near that to take him off our hands (don't blame them) and we're not rightly willing to pay a significant part of it to send him on his way.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 12:58:06 AM by one-eyed »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Zantuck may stay at Punt Rd
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2004, 01:28:57 AM »
Zantuck may stay at Punt Rd
By Jake Niall
The Age
November 11, 2004

Ty Zantuck is preparing to resume training at Punt Road next week, unless he finds a new home by tomorrow afternoon.

Zantuck's management last night said the disgruntled utility, whose desire to leave Richmond was based in part on his fractious relationship with the senior players, was ready to return to training next week should the Tigers fail to drop him off the list by tomorrow's deadline.

Zantuck's manager, Anthony McConville, said his client would return to training next week, since he was contracted to play for the Tigers in 2005.

Zantuck's return to Richmond would place the Tigers in a difficult position, given that the player has indicated his issues with senior players. New coach Terry Wallace recently told coterie group "the Hafey Club" that there was irreparable damage between Zantuck and the senior players and it would be best for all concerned if he left.

Wallace last night said he had not heard any suggestion that Zantuck would be returning. "He hasn't told me he's coming to training," he said.

McConville said that, with senior lists being lodged tomorrow before the national draft, Zantuck was preparing to return to Richmond. "If nothing happens by Friday, he'll be at training next week."

Zantuck's contract - which would see him paid well in excess of $200,000 should he play all the senior games - has made it difficult for the Tigers to off-load him, since other clubs are unwilling to pick up the bulk of the tab.

While Essendon and Richmond failed to strike a deal before the deadline that would have seen Zantuck become a Bomber, Essendon has not been as strong in pursuing the 22-year-old in recent days, having sniffed the possibility that it can acquire Blake Caracella, who has opted to leave Brisbane. The Kangaroos, the other major trade week suitor, are believed to have lost interest in Zantuck.

The Tigers, despite their desire to off-load Zantuck, have indicated that they will not delist him and allow another club to pick him up without picking up a reasonable portion of his contract. The club is understood to be willing to keep him on the list, despite his relationship issues with teammates and its preference for him to leave.

Wallace said it was up to Zantuck and his management to find a new home, given that he had wanted to leave Punt Road.

Brisbane has fended off the advances of Collingwood to re-sign youngster Anthony Corrie on a two-year contract. The Lions have also re-signed ruckman Clarke Keating for another two years.

The re-signings of Corrie and Keating means the Lions have all their players committed for 2005 bar Caracella, who wishes to return to Melbourne and is receiving interest from clubs including Essendon, Collingwood and Geelong, the latter considered a long shot to obtain him via the draft.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/11/10/1100021878932.html?oneclick=true
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2004, 01:25:17 PM »
u know what?

Good on Ty for getting up the noses of afew certain senior players.

They're assholes and just become bigger assholes every year.
Campbell,Gaspar etc - Why wouldn't u stand up the their crap if u had a chance.

At least Ty has the balls to say what he has on his mind,unlike the gymps we've had on our list for 25 years.

This guy has copped an unfair crucifixion from supporters and media and all for showing some real spark.

Fact is he is a good player.

Fact is he,compared to the old schitters we have,is our future(along with the other youngsters)

I for one will be giving the guy my FULL stuffen SUPPORT if he should stay.

LMAOO@Our senior list being soo Gayyy

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2004, 02:34:55 PM »
I kinda agree with you Ox.  Though I don’t know why you would bad mouth teammates when trying to be picked up by another Club.  Doesn’t make for a good impression when you want to be part of a team, but are happy to blame others when things go wrong.

He does have that “spark” that others lack and it’s good that he has enough spirit and confidence to stand up for himself.  And we could use some of that out on the ground.  Maybe if he had some guidance and direction, from someone he respected, and was prepared to listen, then he could learn to use that to his and his team’s benefit, rather than causing trouble for himself and others.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2004, 03:03:02 PM »
Can we just stuff this guy off and do it soon....
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Ox

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2004, 03:16:38 PM »
whom did he bag and what did he say?

Until we know this i will remain impartial.

IMO Several of the senior players deserve not only a good bagging but a jolly rodgering as well.

They're imposters

Tell me what we saw against hawforn(when he rag-dolled that idiot) wasnt pure frustration
most of which stemmed from an unworthy coach and a group of wimpy  duds that all
played political pilots to ensure their spot in the team.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2004, 03:48:02 PM »
Not sure where I remember that from Ox, but somewhere along the lines I heard or read that he went in to interviews at another Club(s) and was none too complimentary about some senior players.

Who knows, maybe he had a point, but I don’t know if that’s the way to go about getting a gig at another Club.

Btw, I’m not disagreeing with your comments, I just don’t agree with the way this whole thing has unfolded.  Because, at this late stage, it doesn’t look like he will get his wish to get to another Club.  Why that is, I wouldn’t know for sure, just speculating.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2004, 03:53:00 PM »
I tend to agree with you Oxman.

I will give him credit for telling Tezza straight out that he wanted out - he could have just sat there and said "yeah yeah looking forward to 2005" and then 3-4 weeks later sent his manager to say I am outta here.

Got to give the kid credit for that.

Bottom line is if we de-list him we have to pay him out (like C'wood has done with McGough) the big difference being the Pies can afford it we cannot. We sack him and we go one short on the list (probably the rookie list) or we  would have to take an extra re-cycled player at the expenses of a 17-18 y.o. and I don't think that's the way to go.

He can play good footy when his head is in order. He just has to be more disciplined about it.

TS makes a good point what he needs is a decent coach and or mentor teaching him the right way to go about being an AFL footballer - the ability is there it is just his application or lack of it that would appear to be his problem

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2004, 05:08:28 PM »
Can we just stuff this guy off and do it soon....

Hear hear omster.

We will get more value for this dud paying half his salary and shipping him off rather than leaving him on the list and paying him full price.

His criticisms of the senior players may be legit but he has done bugger all for the club so I'm sure their criticisms of him are legit too.

lmfaoooooooooo@this dichead getting 250k a year so he can go on benders. That's absolutely insane. For what he has produced he should be worshipping at the feet of the club and begging to remain here.

Ox

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2004, 05:15:53 PM »
No worries TS,
I was more asking the question about what he had said about other players to
those who knew.

Id like to see him under Wallace basically.

*premenition*

I feel JohnF is gonna say something like

"We will get more value for this dud paying half his salary and shipping him off rather than leaving him on the list and paying him full price"

In which case I would say,

"I'd take the gamble" :rollin

"

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2004, 05:39:05 PM »
 :cheers Ox.  I’m no help about what was said.  It was just stated that he wasn’t complimentary about some senior players.

If that’s correct then it’ll be interesting and probably awkward if he has to stay.  But it’s probably nothing that all Clubs don’t have to deal with at various times, I suppose.