Author Topic: Richmond commits to Matthew Richardson for 2010 (Herald-Sun)  (Read 2068 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Richmond commits to Matthew Richardson for 2010 (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 01:56:28 PM »
I was recently calculating the likely delistings we would make at seasons end and cam up with Johnson, Bowden, Simmonds, Brown, Pettifer, Polak, JON and possibly Hughes plus potential trades including Raines, Schulz and potentially Tuck and that gives us up to 11 places to fill on the list. Even when you add Rookie elevations of Nahas (definite), Silvester and Browne (potentially) that still gives us a huge amount of room to recruit and trade.

With this in mind I don't believe it is as farcical as some are making out regarding contracting Richo now rather than when the new coach has been announced. It is impractical and unrealistic to believe that the club would allow such an icon as Richo to leave under such conditions. Whether Richo is in the new coaches game plan or not we have the salary cap room and flexibility to nurse Richo through another final year.

Signing Richo now ends all further media speculation which we have more than our fair share of this year don't you think.... :o

Stripes

Nurse him through another year is correct, his always around the nurses cause his always getting fixed & never on the ground. How can a club benefit out of having a player like that around the club. Like keeping Coughlan for 3 years & have him playing for Coburg.
Anyone thinking of getting rid of Tuck obviously dont watch him play & see how much he puts his body on the line for the midfielders to break free.
Can see some bad years ahead at Tigerland & Cotchin is another whos always broken & 2 years got nothing out of him & supporters are hingeing dreams on him & say he will win a brownlow well cant do that when your always injured. l'm tired of Richmond using excuses for injured players. The reason why the club fails is because they recruit weaklings & dont know how to develope them

Tigermonk

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 02:00:42 PM »

It's just one less issue for the media to focus on

Richmond are the football bogons & the media thrive on us cause we have too many talkers down at Tigerland who want to get on camera & speak up the team after they defeat a broken crap side with no interchange bench which has happened times we won & a draw against Kangaroos, Essendon & Melbourne. If they had a interchange bench we would be wooden spooners

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
No new contract for Richo yet (RFC)
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 02:14:40 PM »
No new contract for Richo yet
richmondfc.com.au
By Mic Cullen Thu 06 August, 2009

RICHMOND coach Jade Rawlings has confirmed that Matthew Richardson has not been offered a new contract for 2010 at this stage.

Rawlings also said no decision had been made about whether the club wanted to offer the Richmond superstar a new deal before a new coach is appointed.

The interim coach – who is married to Richardson's sister – sounded positive about the chances of the 34-year-old playing on, but was firm in his rebuttal of the idea that a new deal was on the table.

"List management have met, and we've spoken about his situation, and when he gets out of hospital – we're quite positive how the meeting went – and once he's confirmed he wants to play next year, then the progression of the contract will go from there," Rawlings said before Tiger training on Thursday morning.

"There's uncertainty because of who the coach will be next year, but it's a list management decision, and it'll be all finalised once he's been spoken to.

"Most Richmond people would like to see him go around but that decision will be made once we speak to Matthew."

The issue is complicated by the fact that the Tigers are currently searching for a new coach, but Rawlings said that the list management committee could make a decision on players despite not having a permanent senior coach.

Rawlings said there wasn't much that Richardson could do in order to push his case due to being under the knife as the media conference was taking place.

"He's not going to be able to [prove himself] physically, because he's had an operation this morning on his knee.

"The advice was after the scan the other day that while there wasn't damage to the hamstring, it's just a bit sore and rest is the only thing that's going to prevent any further occurrence of what he suffered on Saturday."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/82160/default.aspx

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 06:27:46 PM »
It is actually funny in a way.

12 months people were saying the then coach shouldn't have ANY say on list managment now people are saying we shouldn't be making any list management decisions until we have a new coach = FUNNY STUFF  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 07:06:20 PM »
Apparently all coaches in their interviews had Richo on their list for the 2010 season.

Regardless the list is managed by Craig Cameron not the coach.
Go Tigers!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 07:52:23 PM »
It is actually funny in a way.

12 months people were saying the then coach shouldn't have ANY say on list managment now people are saying we shouldn't be making any list management decisions until we have a new coach = FUNNY STUFF  ;D

The reason is 12 months ago the coach of the RFC was the tanned one Wallet.

There is your reason.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2009, 07:54:17 PM »
bit sad hows its been played out in the media, ONCE AGAIN
Typical RICHMOND :banghead

Moi

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2009, 08:00:03 PM »

:o
I've heard it all now
 :rollin

Jackstar is back

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 08:21:08 PM »
well, all they have to do is say nothing, NAH, doesnt happen at Punt Road
Rawlings , King and Cameron all have to open there gob.
All they have to say ""we are in negoitations with his managerment"", subject closed

I should be the media manager down there, its easy, LOL

Moi

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2009, 08:25:12 PM »
well, all they have to do is say nothing, NAH, doesnt happen at Punt Road
Rawlings , King and Cameron all have to open there gob.
All they have to say ""we are in negoitations with his managerment"", subject closed

I should be the media manager down there, its easy, LOL
Even if they said nothing, Jack, there would be a leak and then you'd get hold of it and post it on here lol
Do you understand why I was shocked by your statement about the club being big mouths lol
You're funny  :wallywink

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 08:31:27 PM »

They will never learn our club.

Rawlings comments on Cuz and Richo but refuses to comment on Bowden.

what a stuffin. slap in the face to Bowden, someone who has served our club well.

Meanwhile we carried guys like Johnson and Cogs the last 3 years as well as playing duds like Mclovin.

its no wonder we are laughed at when you have guys like Jake King even commenting through the media...

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 09:25:41 PM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 09:29:05 PM »
The Bowden thing is a disgrace Daniel :banghead

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2009, 09:54:25 PM »
Apparently all coaches in their interviews had Richo on their list for the 2010 season.

Are you sure about that Pope?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2009, 01:29:17 AM »
Given Richo's hammy is still intact and the fact his form before the injury was as strong and valuable to the side as ever, I can't see any reason why Richo would retire or be forced into retirement. Even if a new coach considered it we'll have too retirements and too much deadwood to clear first off our playing list to realistically tap Richo on the shoulder. Being a Veteran listed player too means he is not taking up a senior list spot nor much salary cap space. With 7 rookie spots available in 2010 I'd doubt we will be desperate for an 8th rookie. We are one rookie short this year with 5 rookies so next year 7 would still be obviously 2 more rookies than we have now.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd