Author Topic: Wright set to Quit- Gale set for CEO  (Read 3044 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Gale wants say on new coach
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 12:50:27 PM »

NEW RICHMOND chief executive Brendon Gale will play a part in appointing the club’s next senior coach.

Gale, who on Monday announced his resignation as CEO of the AFL Players’ Association to take on the main job at Punt Road, said he would finalise in the coming days exactly when he would begin work at his former club.

However, the man who will take over from Steven Wright – who will step down due to health concerns – says he will be kept abreast of any coaching developments.

The first round of interviews have already taken place for Richmond’s next full-time coach, with current caretaker coach Jade Rawlings among a host of candidates.

“I think the club has been very robust in the process it put in place and they’ve stuck to that process, but given the importance of that decision, I’d certainly have an involvement in the appointment of that coach,” Gale said upon his announcement on Monday morning.

“I think it’s extremely important for me and the coach.”

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=82395
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Re: Wright set to Quit- Gale set for CEO
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 12:51:18 PM »
Joel Bowden as Chief Executive of the AFL Players Association.

Hmmm.   :cheers

Jackstar is back

Re: Gale wants say on new coach
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 01:03:55 PM »

NEW RICHMOND chief executive Brendon Gale will play a part in appointing the club’s next senior coach.

Gale, who on Monday announced his resignation as CEO of the AFL Players’ Association to take on the main job at Punt Road, said he would finalise in the coming days exactly when he would begin work at his former club.

However, the man who will take over from Steven Wright – who will step down due to health concerns – says he will be kept abreast of any coaching developments.

The first round of interviews have already taken place for Richmond’s next full-time coach, with current caretaker coach Jade Rawlings among a host of candidates.

“I think the club has been very robust in the process it put in place and they’ve stuck to that process, but given the importance of that decision, I’d certainly have an involvement in the appointment of that coach,” Gale said upon his announcement on Monday morning.

Go Benny.
Finally a CEO who wants to be heard.
No doubt Benny will straighten things out very quickly.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 01:13:30 PM »
Good to see Benny can keep secret

Makes a nice change ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 01:21:02 PM »
Very strange, I thought Gale had far bigger aspirations
As much of a big appointment this is, I certainly hope Wright wasn't pushed out by Gale's appointment and he was sought out after Wright decided to move on

Wright was told 2 weeks he was gone

Thats pathetic Jack.

You seldom write slop but that post was full of it.

Wright has done an amazing job and would have continued to do so if it wasn't for his health. We owe a lot to Wright, one very very very rock solid employee in a pretty painful era for the club on field and in extremely tough financial times off field we remained amazingly strong.

You talk a fair bit of wisdom and so called "behind the scene" knowledge but that is absolute crap and I'm insulted by it and any fair dinkum Richmond Member and supporter should too.

Wright was by no means shown the door. Incorrect and uneducated post.

Your entitled to your opinion. I am entitled to mine, Get the drift. If you dont like what I post. go and have a disprin and lay down
March next to go

Opinion is irrelevant. Your facts are wrong.

He was not shown the door. He went on his terms and March went to find a replacement and number 1 was Benny Gale, a perfect replacement.

Your entitled to your opinion, albeit it horribly poor, if you believe Wright's work at Richmond was worthy of sacking. But to stat or insinuate that our club pushed him out of his position is 100% incorrect.
Go Tigers!

Jackstar is back

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 01:25:48 PM »
Very strange, I thought Gale had far bigger aspirations
As much of a big appointment this is, I certainly hope Wright wasn't pushed out by Gale's appointment and he was sought out after Wright decided to move on

Wright was told 2 weeks he was gone

Thats pathetic Jack.

You seldom write slop but that post was full of it.

Wright has done an amazing job and would have continued to do so if it wasn't for his health. We owe a lot to Wright, one very very very rock solid employee in a pretty painful era for the club on field and in extremely tough financial times off field we remained amazingly strong.

You talk a fair bit of wisdom and so called "behind the scene" knowledge but that is absolute crap and I'm insulted by it and any fair dinkum Richmond Member and supporter should too.

Wright was by no means shown the door. Incorrect and uneducated post.

Your entitled to your opinion. I am entitled to mine, Get the drift. If you dont like what I post. go and have a disprin and lay down
March next to go

Opinion is irrelevant. Your facts are wrong.

He was not shown the door. He went on his terms and March went to find a replacement and number 1 was Benny Gale, a perfect replacement.

Your entitled to your opinion, albeit it horribly poor, if you believe Wright's work at Richmond was worthy of sacking. But to stat or insinuate that our club pushed him out of his position is 100% incorrect.

:banghead ::)
Yep we are a fantastic football club

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 01:33:10 PM »
Go Tigers!

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Gale wants say on new coach
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 01:50:25 PM »

Go Benny.
Finally a CEO who wants to be heard.
No doubt Benny will straighten things out very quickly.

Yep, on the surface this is very good appointment, probably the best appointment we could have hoped for given the great job that Steven Wright did. Today could have been a considerable loss for the club but instead was offset by the considerable potential gain of Benny Gale.

Must also say, well done to March for pulling this off.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Tigermonk

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 01:59:03 PM »
Joel Bowden as Chief Executive of the AFL Players Association.

Hmmm.   :cheers

something else to add to his outstanding acheivements  ;D

Ramps

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 02:12:10 PM »
Doran on SEN suggesting that Richmond should pay back some of the $85,000 it cost for the Harvard course Gale had just completed  ::)

People go through courses all the time and move on from there employer, Ive never seen anyone give money in the way Doran is suggesting.

Memo to RFC: Keep the cash and appoint an extra development coach.

Forget Doran its bulldust.

Tigermonk

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 02:16:03 PM »
SEN has too much poo on thier air for me to listen too

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 02:31:10 PM »
Doran on SEN suggesting that Richmond should pay back some of the $85,000 it cost for the Harvard course Gale had just completed  ::)

People go through courses all the time and move on from there employer, Ive never seen anyone give money in the way Doran is suggesting.

Memo to RFC: Keep the cash and appoint an extra development coach.

Forget Doran its bulldust.

One of, if not the major purpose of journalism is to create "controversy" Doran is being controversial, it creates energy, emotion, conflict and action. In other words Journos and media commentators make money by stiring things up.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Tigermonk

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 03:18:11 PM »
maybe l should become a journo, l have a few leaks that would stir the pot  ;D

Ramps

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 03:36:37 PM »
maybe l should become a journo, l have a few leaks that would stir the pot  ;D

dont be shy monkey ... you can make your journo debut in here.

Fire away champ :lol

Ramps

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2009, 03:41:52 PM »
IMHO Steve Wright has done a great job.

- People forget he took over from Iain Campbell
- When he took he inherited an operational debt exceeding 2 million for the year
- He has made profits year on year
- He will leave a million dollar profit in a year where we have been going through Global Financial Crisis
- He did his job under pressure. It was extraordinary that he was CEO of a club where one of his employees was a board member- just disgraceful.
- He was hamstrung by Clinton Casey giving Wallace a 5 year deal
- He oversaw the negotiations for the Punt Rd Oval Redevelopment
- He oversaw negotiations to takeover Craigieburn facility and give RFC a new growth profile in terms of supporter base.

I give him 8/10. Hes done an outstanding job. He lost 2 points because our Football model is still broken  but as I said he inherited a bad situation anyway.

Good luck and wish him the best.