Author Topic: Greater Western Sydney Giants [merged]  (Read 45614 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Greater Western Sydney Giants [merged]
« Reply #255 on: May 13, 2013, 01:01:34 PM »
AFL wouldn't be happy with Sheedy's comments on supporters backgrounds.

GWS Giants coach Kevin Sheedy has been labelled a "muppet" by Wellington Phoenix skipper Andrew Durante after his comments in the aftermath of the Giants' capitulation to Adelaide.
The Giants were thumped by 135 points on Sunday afternoon with a crowd of just under 6,000 turning up to watch the winless side’s first home game of the year in the Olympic precinct.
Sheedy said the club didn’t have anyone from the "immigration department" handling their fan recruitment as, apparently, Western Sydney Wanderers do.
"It’s a pity because that’s how many turned up after a pretty solid performance against Essendon last week," he said.
"So, it’s just going to go and tell everybody how tough it’s going to be to build this club. It’s as simple as that.
"We don’t have the recruiting officer called the immigration department recruiting fans for Western Sydney Wanderers – we don’t have that on our side.
"We’re actually going to start up a whole new ball park and go and find fans because that’s what happens when you bring a lot of people through, channel into a country and put them into the west of Sydney and they build a club like that one year and all of a sudden they’ve got 10,000 fans and probably 20,000 going to a game."
Sheedy's comments caused a stir on social media platforms, but the coach took to Twitter in an attempt to clarify their meaning on Sunday night.
"All I said was that Wanderers have an advantage because most people that migrate to Australia know soccer - it's a world sport,'' the four-time premiership coach posted.
"We have to work a lot harder to attract people to our game and we will. I am on record for praising Wanderers and what they have achieved.''
It did little to abate social-media condemnation, led by the likes of  Durante.
"Sheedy you #muppet,'' the Sydney-born defender wrote.
"If he wanted more people from the west coming 2 support..He's totally blown that now. Next home game will have 4k.''

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/gws-coach-unleashes-extraordinary-rant-following-the-giants-massive-loss-to-adelaide-crows/story-e6frfkp9-1226640686538#ixzz2T7smiTjX

gerkin greg

« Reply #256 on: May 13, 2013, 01:03:19 PM »
wots a wellington phoenix durante  :huh

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #257 on: May 13, 2013, 01:59:55 PM »
Sheedy is a muppet. Well said whoever you are. They got 5k there because they are complete and utter poo. They lost to Melbourne FFS. How bad can it get?  :lol

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #258 on: May 13, 2013, 02:14:08 PM »
And Sheedy wants a 3rd Sydney team...  :wallywink

I also read an article on afl.com.au today that has Sheedy saying that teams were gutless when it came to trading for mini-draft picks. They wanted Dale Thomas, Jake Carlisle or Matthew Kreuzer for a chance to get a 17 year old kid. I'm sure all these sides are spewing they didn't trade away a gun player for an untried 17 year old!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

gerkin greg

« Reply #259 on: May 13, 2013, 02:14:43 PM »
they need at least 60 years before they can be judged

if in 60 years time they can come off a spoon year and get 11,000 to a game they will be on par with Parramatta  :thumbsup

no need to compare with summer soccer, people are on holidays then and want to get out more in the nice weather and vandalise public buildings, throw flares etc.

gerkin greg

« Reply #260 on: May 13, 2013, 02:16:45 PM »
I'm sure all these sides are spewing they didn't trade away a gun player for an untried 17 year old!

They will be when Hogan is kicking 17 goals against them and Jaeger is pocketing his 2nd Brownlow  ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #261 on: May 13, 2013, 07:22:24 PM »
West Sydney mostly wogs and lebs that like soccer / rugby

Sheedy racist out of line.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #262 on: May 13, 2013, 09:22:01 PM »
AFL wouldn't be happy with Sheedy's comments on supporters backgrounds.

GWS Giants coach Kevin Sheedy has been labelled a "muppet" by Wellington Phoenix skipper Andrew Durante after his comments in the aftermath of the Giants' capitulation to Adelaide.
The Giants were thumped by 135 points on Sunday afternoon with a crowd of just under 6,000 turning up to watch the winless side’s first home game of the year in the Olympic precinct.
Sheedy said the club didn’t have anyone from the "immigration department" handling their fan recruitment as, apparently, Western Sydney Wanderers do.
"It’s a pity because that’s how many turned up after a pretty solid performance against Essendon last week," he said.
"So, it’s just going to go and tell everybody how tough it’s going to be to build this club. It’s as simple as that.
"We don’t have the recruiting officer called the immigration department recruiting fans for Western Sydney Wanderers – we don’t have that on our side.
"We’re actually going to start up a whole new ball park and go and find fans because that’s what happens when you bring a lot of people through, channel into a country and put them into the west of Sydney and they build a club like that one year and all of a sudden they’ve got 10,000 fans and probably 20,000 going to a game."
Sheedy's comments caused a stir on social media platforms, but the coach took to Twitter in an attempt to clarify their meaning on Sunday night.
"All I said was that Wanderers have an advantage because most people that migrate to Australia know soccer - it's a world sport,'' the four-time premiership coach posted.
"We have to work a lot harder to attract people to our game and we will. I am on record for praising Wanderers and what they have achieved.''
It did little to abate social-media condemnation, led by the likes of  Durante.
"Sheedy you #muppet,'' the Sydney-born defender wrote.
"If he wanted more people from the west coming 2 support..He's totally blown that now. Next home game will have 4k.''

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/gws-coach-unleashes-extraordinary-rant-following-the-giants-massive-loss-to-adelaide-crows/story-e6frfkp9-1226640686538#ixzz2T7smiTjX

Idiotic from Sheeds to use the demographics of Western Sydney as an excuse for the poor crowd although in his madness he's deflected attention away from him being coach of a side that was flogged by 20 goals and that hasn't got within a final margiin of 5 goals against any side including the hapless Demons.

Everyone knew the GWS crowd figures were going to be as awful as their onfield results in the first 5-7 years. Sydneysiders love winners and are the biggest bandwagoners in the country. They'll pack out one off events or what's the latest fad (any code) but don't turn up in numbers week in week out. All the Western Sydney NRL clubs - Parra, West Tigers and Penrith - are struggling onfield this year and had terrible crowds on the weekend too despite be around for 50+ years and playing in so called Rugby League heartland. Parra had 11k, Penrith had 7k and Wests vs Cronulla had just 9k between two Sydney-based clubs. Sheeds let his own frustration and the constant Aussie Rules bashing from the Sydney media get to him. Sure the Wanderers did fantastically for their first season for a new Soccer club but they still only averaged home crowds of 12k in a season they finished top of the table and made the Grand Final. Sheeds should have shut up with the ethnic crap and let us all see how many people turn up to Wanderers games when they start losing. As Sydney FC found out after they won the A-league title in the first year, crowds fall off as quickly as they jump on the bandwagon up there. 

ps. Welligton Pheonix crowds this season were GWS-esque (avg. 6,882) so no one from that club can talk.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #263 on: April 30, 2016, 06:43:02 PM »
winning by 64 points, third quarter

vs one of best teams of all time, percentage booster, hawks ...

:whistle

Player   K   HB   D   M   G   B   T   
D Shiel   14   11   25   2   0   1   5   
S Coniglio    8   15   23   0   0   1   9   
L Whitfield   13   10   23   7   1   0   
C Ward   5   16   21   2   1   0   3
T Scully   6   13   19   3   2   0   1   
J Kelly   11   7   18   3   0   1   3   
T Greene   10   7   17   2   1   0   3   
S Johnson   12   4   16   3   5   0   
J Steele   5   10   15   4   0   0   3   
Z Williams   6   8   14   1   0   1   5   
R Lobb   8   5   13   8   4   2   2   
N Haynes   7   5   12   5   0   0   0   
A Kennedy   8   4   12   1   0   0   
R Palmer   9   1   10   5   2   1   2   
N Wilson   8   2   10   1   0   0   0   
S Mumford   3   6   9   4   0   0      
J Cameron   4   1   5   0   3   0   

:whistle

4th Quarter 0:52 Scores
Team   Q1   Q2   Q3   Q4   Score
GWS Giants   7.3   13.6   19.10   19.10   124
Hawthorn   2.1   6.3   9.6   9.6   60
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #264 on: May 01, 2016, 10:12:47 AM »
they get 5 / 10 ten draft picks next year too

due to raping half australia with academy

:clapping
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #265 on: May 01, 2016, 01:10:49 PM »
Get in Eddie's ear to threaten a rebel league unless they're forced to break up their list - 10 years plus of a manufactured side from a non-football state with no fans dominating the comp. will kill the AFL. It's a stuffing joke.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: May 01, 2016, 01:14:52 PM »
if it stops the hawks wining then i personally done give a f what they do.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #267 on: May 01, 2016, 01:50:17 PM »
You'll be singing a different tune after GWS have just won their 5th flag in a row at an MCG only two-thirds full with only their 5,000 fans making any noise or contributing to the atmosphere. All while Richmond's membership is struggling to hit 30k and the tins are starting to rattle again.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #268 on: May 01, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »
Will be good to see soccer basketball and lawn balls dominate the australian sporting landscape

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #269 on: June 01, 2016, 08:00:58 AM »
You'll be singing a different tune after GWS have just won their 5th flag in a row at an MCG only two-thirds full with only their 5,000 fans making any noise or contributing to the atmosphere. All while Richmond's membership is struggling to hit 30k and the tins are starting to rattle again.

Happy to lay a gorilla that this won't happen.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”