Author Topic: 2021 Draft thread  (Read 122046 times)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2021 Draft thread
« Reply #780 on: November 24, 2021, 10:30:57 PM »
He’s a bit slow I hear and with all the AFL’s changes it’s hard for kids who  aren’t quarterbacks to make it,  wonder if Greg Williams and Sam Mitchell would get picked up.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #781 on: November 24, 2021, 10:31:07 PM »
Roberts another mid still on the board as well...people seem to have gone off him of late but was rated fairly high at one point IIRC... :shh

Ned Long another one still there.... :shh :shh

Wouldn't hesitate in taking him with our fifth selection. A pure mid

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #782 on: November 24, 2021, 10:56:57 PM »
Lots of quality (? As I don't really know) midfielders still left on the board. We could clean up with our group of picks here.

Johnson, Sonsie, Taylor, Butler(mid/fwd), Knevitt, Murley, Stagg, Howes (mid/fwd).... :shh

And yet we picked a tom brown
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline OneEyedRichmond

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #783 on: November 24, 2021, 11:00:39 PM »
Lots of quality (? As I don't really know) midfielders still left on the board. We could clean up with our group of picks here.

Johnson, Sonsie, Taylor, Butler(mid/fwd), Knevitt, Murley, Stagg, Howes (mid/fwd).... :shh

You clearly have no idea about football

Edit: Leave out the namecalling.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 02:56:04 PM by one-eyed »

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #784 on: November 24, 2021, 11:04:04 PM »
Callum Twomey's round 1 draft review:

https://www.afl.com.au/video/689159/how-your-club-fared-during-the-first-round-of-the-draft?videoId=689159&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1637749181001

"Richmond pick up a key defender and a running defender. So that's clearly been an area of focus for them. Gibcus fits a need for the Richmond line-up going forward so great pick up there".
For me if still there at 26 id be all over Goater. Knevitt, and Draper. Might get lucky and one maybe two  gets to us. One or  Two of Howes Williams and Bazzo would be good with the other picks.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #785 on: November 24, 2021, 11:07:56 PM »

Yet he hardly addresses an outstanding need fmd the Tassie boy Banks looks just as good at hb and we would not have had to use a top 17 pick to get him.

If the club thinks our mid stocks a good enough then i have to disagree especially moving fwd. With 5 top 30 picks it is just not an area we can ignore.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 02:55:26 PM by one-eyed »

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #786 on: November 25, 2021, 12:24:34 AM »
The more I think about it out picks make a bit more sense.

Areas of need are defence and mids. Even tho we lost CCJ and Daw. I think Lynch and Jack have 2022 locked in with possibly Bank and Soldo rotating forwards possibly long term. Jack only needs replacing for 2024.

The draft has very little decent defensive players so it makes sense plus the fact Geelong pick at 23 they would have most certainly picked up Brown without question. Losing Jordan Clarke off half back and being 20 games away from father son. I love the fact we picked Brown up with their pick lol

The next 10 rated picks are all mids. I'd expect us to pick 3 mids next 3 picks and with some luck a couple could be top 20 type rated mids which would be a huge win for us.
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #787 on: November 25, 2021, 12:50:16 AM »
Windhager another who should be up for grabs if Owens gets bid on before him as I doubt Aints would have enough points to match bids for both players... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #788 on: November 25, 2021, 05:56:48 AM »
The following players are left.
Matt Johnson
Sam Butler
Tyler Sonsie
Blake Howes
Josh Goater
Jesse Motlop
Mitch Knevitt
Toby Conway
Arlo Draper
Josh Fahey
Connor McDonald
Jake Soligo
Zac Taylor
Rhett Bazzo
Jack Williams

Plenty of good options
A guess of the next 7 picks before ours based on reading around other clubs forums (assuming no trades).

21. Freo - Johnson
22. North - Motlop
23. Haw - Sonsie
24. Geel - Knevitt
25. Geel - Conway
26. Haw - Butler
27. Carl - MacDonald

Leaves three of the rest for us to choose from at picks 28-30.

ps. It also wouldn't be a surprise if we make a bid for Fahey with GWS matching it and/or a bid for Owens with St Kilda matching it.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #789 on: November 25, 2021, 05:59:07 AM »
I hope we trade out of the draft tonight and trade into next years draft. I hope we get Taylor beyond that Id trade out the other two picks for a 1st rounder next year or if Taylor is gone trade out all 3 picks for a future 1st and 2nd.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #790 on: November 25, 2021, 07:28:40 AM »

Edit: Leave out the namecalling.

And you clearly have no idea about the rules of posting on a forum….
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 02:57:17 PM by one-eyed »
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #791 on: November 25, 2021, 08:03:26 AM »
The following players are left.
Matt Johnson
Sam Butler
Tyler Sonsie
Blake Howes
Josh Goater
Jesse Motlop
Mitch Knevitt
Toby Conway
Arlo Draper
Josh Fahey
Connor McDonald
Jake Soligo
Zac Taylor
Rhett Bazzo
Jack Williams

Plenty of good options
A guess of the next 7 picks before ours based on reading around other clubs forums (assuming no trades).

21. Freo - Johnson
22. North - Motlop
23. Haw - Sonsie
24. Geel - Knevitt
25. Geel - Conway
26. Haw - Butler
27. Carl - MacDonald

Leaves three of the rest for us to choose from at picks 28-30.

ps. It also wouldn't be a surprise if we make a bid for Fahey with GWS matching it and/or a bid for Owens with St Kilda matching it.

Blake Howes
Josh Goater
Arlo Draper
Josh Fahey
Jake Soligo
Zac Taylor
Rhett Bazzo
Jack Williams

Of those ones left, assuming GWS match for Fahey, I would be very happy to get Taylor and Bazzo. Then maybe Draper.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #792 on: November 25, 2021, 10:36:06 AM »
I hope we trade out of the draft tonight and trade into next years draft. I hope we get Taylor beyond that Id trade out the other two picks for a 1st rounder next year or if Taylor is gone trade out all 3 picks for a future 1st and 2nd.

Plenty of  talent there midfielders galore hit the draft.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #793 on: November 25, 2021, 10:53:35 AM »
They might not get Bazzo now we have Gibcus , two of Howes ,Goater Taylor and Draper would be a win

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #794 on: November 25, 2021, 02:59:30 PM »
Bids are expected to come in the first 10 or so selections tonight for Greater Western Sydney Academy prospect Josh Fahey and St Kilda Next Generation Academy product Mitchito Owens, with the Blues linked to a bid on half-back Fahey and the Tigers a chance to bid on Owens.

Ruckman Toby Conway will come into contention for Geelong and also the Blues, while the Hawks have done plenty of work on Butler and could be a chance to nab him. Tyler Sonsie, too, will be in the mix for Hawthorn's selections but could also be available for the Tigers' stretch of three straight picks from No.28-30.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/689312/clubs-talking-pick-swaps-why-freo-could-slide-down-the-draft-board